The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Interesting that his kid would have such taste in clothing. Often wondered why, in my previous experiences, the kids would bid on men's wingtips rather than video games and toys. Interesting.

2. charliebrown

charliebrown Member

Giorgio Armani Tuxedo 40 Reg
    Made by Corneliani?
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

:lol:

Bookmarked! Thanks Brian. I knew something like this existed, but couldn't find it. Not sure I could have identified a Kiton without it.

4. charliebrown

charliebrown Member

5. JChance

JChance Senior member

I know Paul Smith made a few ties like that, nude women on the inside that is.

6. Regg

Regg Senior member

^ I saw one yesterday but it wasn't exactly a tasteful nude, more like spread eagle :smarmy:

7. grendel

grendel Senior member

That doesn't look like a Corneliani tag to me. I thought Vestimenta made for Armani?

8. rose04

rose04 Well-Known Member

It's been far too long since I've posted -- I've been tied up dealing with buying a house for awhile now and not had too much time for the hunt. Fortunatley, I've had an offer accepted and am waiting for the seller to fix couple inspection issues and I had a little time to get out today. A nice Turnbull & Asser yellow tie (not avaiable) [​IMG] Allen Edmonds Shell Cordovan MacNeil Longwings (avaiable) [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Black C&J Handgrade Captoes (not avaiable) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] These are in almost new condition, except for one scuff on the toe. These seem to be about an 8 or 8.5 US... Are these custom? Does anyone know how to read the code and figure out the size? Thanks!

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

:fistbump:

[​IMG]

Thanks...here's a tentative thrif./discount fit. Not the most baller stuff I've found, obvs, but probably the most surprising in terms of how much wear they get. Slim Dockers chinos (a really nice color) and blue suede gumsole boots by J&M. Note how I forgot to lace each shoe the same -- I believe the Italians call this "esprezzy-a-too-rah".

[​IMG]

Today: Size 36 Orvis corduroy pants, blue, flat front, great condition, AVAILABLE!

Plus two pairs of new linen drawstring pants I'm going to try and combine into some heart-attack inducing homemade Geller Flight Pants

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  10. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Post a pic! I know Dolce and Gabbana makes these. I recently sold one...for not much cash.

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Definitely not hand grades, just regular CJs.

12. grendel

grendel Senior member

So I went to a couple places today and found some interesting stuff. Remember that Pal Zileri Lab SC I found? Well, here's a suit from the same donor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone know what these are? Seems like it's there to keep the hem from fraying. Does it keep you from being able to extend the pants?

Same nice pick stiching and construction. Same a-bit-too-slim-for-me size... This might be too fashion-forward for me, so tentatively available.

At that store I also thought I matched up the HF tux jacket I got last week, but when I got the pants home they didn't quite match. Also another BB Polo for me.

At the 2nd store I saw this tag that intrigued me...

[​IMG]

Hmmm... Mantova? Like in LBM? Could it be? Yep. Mint 3-season tweed from Lubiam around a 38S, available. Does anyone know about this Lubiam line?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a gorgeous HSM Gold Trumpeter. I usually pass these by but this one felt like the Super 120's HF's I've found. Fully canvassed and awesome, but also around a 38S, so available

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also a cool Ermengildo Zegna linen blend shirt, black MOP buttons, size L. Too big for me, so available
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  13. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Not as good as yesterday but not bad:

-2 Made in England Orvis Harris Tweed sport coats (roughly 42/43R)
    -Hickey Freeman SC (I think) 42R
    -Another Zegna tie
    -blue 44 Lacoste button down (keeping)
    -Woolrich flannel lined khakis sz 42 (probably keeping).

Saw a really cool vintage Norman Hilton SC...passed because the owner had really sweaty armpits and I'm not sure that comes out. Also saw a trashed Zegna button down.

14. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Found some good stuff over the past 2 days. [​IMG][​IMG] Avaliable, as its really not me. However, I think this shirt would stop bullets, and you could probably drag it behind a truck without damaging it.
    [​IMG][​IMG] 43R perfect condition. Avaliable, I saw some desire for this jacket not to long ago correct? It was mentioned going for 170-220+ so how about $80?
    [​IMG][​IMG] Sized XXL Avaliable. OK, I've never seen the white tag, but the script and crest seem spot on. I did a google search for white tag, looked on ebay, and tried posting in the quick question thread... no dice. So, is this real, if so what does the white tag denote? I'm not sure if this is a womans or mens shirt.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Available, Womens pants, Vestimenta for Armani. Given the tagging, im assuming this was a pant suit, but I went back and can't find the jacket for the life of me :(.
    PS the last 2 items were part of a $5 bag sale, got LP, Armani, a Behar Shirt, and some other shirt in my bag :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.