The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Great finds, especially the Creek amp! I was going to pull the (eBay) trigger on a Creek phono pre-amp a few months ago but they all ended over my budget. Really nice stuff, though!

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Nice little haul!! I envy the day I find a Kiton in the wild....that beast still eludes me [​IMG]

4. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

^^^ The Paul Stuart is nice!

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

So the guy from yesterday telling me to cancel his bid and threatening negative feedback just paid :facepalm:

Now I'm scared to ship, but don't have a choice. Doubt this ends well...

6. grendel

grendel Senior member

What does the good ysl tag look like again? Looking at a suit that's made in France that seems pretty good

7. Broder

Broder Well-Known Member

Kind of a crosspost

[​IMG]

The blazer I showed you guys earlier. The only thing you can see in the picture which are bought for full price are my glasses. The shirt is an OCBD made in USA by a maker I can't remember now, the pocket square is made by myself. I will need to shorten the sleeves, maybe slim them down too?

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

\

Rive Gauche

9. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

In one day I scored a super haul that has formed the basis of my spring/summer wardrobe. I stopped by my local cancer society store and found 2 new with tags j crew 484 slim crinkle white jeans for 8 dollars, one was in my size and the other I have since flipped. I then stopped by the goodwill in a neighboring town where they were having a 50% off sale. I scored a gant Yale co op madras shirt, a brooks brother supima cotton slim fit blue oxford, an arrow plaid button down still still in its wrapping, a Thomas pink white button down still in its wrapping, a RL white with blue and what stripe custom fit cutaway button down that was perfect for Easter (all of these shirts were three dollars) Then I moved on to sweaters and got a banana republic cashmere v neck. then I found an un-labeled jacket very similar to a barracuda g9. In the shoe section I found some suede j crew loafers, some bass penny loafers and some Cole haan tassel loafers for my dad. my last check was in accessories where I found a very cool striped web belt and some lands end foulard ties.

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Damn dude. Sounds like a mess to me. At least you still have the extortion loophole.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

It's a good thing I was nice to him and didn't already file the extortion case :brick:

I was looking last night but apparently there is no way to block buyers with private feedback. I don't understand why ebay even allows users to have private feedback and private usernames, it's bad news for everyone.

12. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Absolutely love that Paul Stuart. I need more brighter ties, my collection is almost entirely darker shades. Didn't intend for that to happen, not quite sure how it did.

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Agreed, why would anyone want to have private feedback/username unless they have something to hide? Its BS you can't block them.

14. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Good luck, but dont think this is going to end well. [​IMG] How much was the item?

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

$20 bid + 4 shipping on a Zegna tie I thrifted for $2... So I guess I'll be out ~$6 once it's all over. Could be worse.

Last edited: May 13, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.