• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^So many sig-worthy moments today...
laugh.gif
Indeed. Indeed there are ...
laugh.gif

mjt73106

Reaction score
Actually found a few things today...
- Joseph Daniel briefcase bag, Made in USA (anyone know anything about these?)

- A pair of AE Senecas which are my size but not really my style, they were cheap enough to practice my cleaning and polishing rougher looking shoes and maybe get rid of eventually
- A USA made Eddie Bauer canvas weekend type bag since i lack one in my life currently

""Since 1975, Joseph Daniel Leather has been manufacturing leather goods, specializing in soft drum-dyed leather, tanned of Texas rawhide. It has secured a reputation for the quality of Cashmere Napa that has been refined for a long time to its present high quality.

In addition to Cashmere, it has diversified to a couple of more faces; Mimi DiCarlo, Invista Ballistic Nylon and Buffalo Calfskin. Mimi Dicarlo is a sophisticated ladies collection. Mimi Dicarlo is a designer in Italy who has made popular lines in Europe. Invista Ballistic line is the highest quality Nylon Computer Brief by us made Invista Cordura Nylon 2100 Denier. Buffalo Calfskin is the classic collection which is famous for its shiny vegetable tanned leather from Buffalo Calf.

Joseph Daniel Leather stands behind its products and guarantees them against defects in the workmanship and materials."

From Bag Republic - looks like street retail for a new one is about $300.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Nother quick fit pic:

Cutler and Gross, zebay
No name green chambray, thrifted
Kelty backpack, thrifty
Seiko w/ Dubstraps band, thrift and eBay
Dockers Alpha Khakis, free from Fbook
Topsiders, thrifted

Lichtenstein round the corner, soon to be stolen.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
don't touch the art bro
Was getting an extreme closeup of the lower corner to spice up my phone's background. That painting is really breathtaking. It looks like a Photochop of various monochrome tracings of violins with these wild, stark deep blue color pops.

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Nother quick fit pic:

Cutler and Gross, zebay
No name green chambray, thrifted
Kelty backpack, thrifty
Seiko w/ Dubstraps band, thrift and eBay
Dockers Alpha Khakis, free from Fbook
Topsiders, thrifted

Lichtenstein round the corner, soon to be stolen.

^^^ Nice to see more thrift fit pic's not taken with a toilet or urinal in the background. We keeps it classy on the official thrift / discount store bragging thread, yessir.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Handsome shoes, indeed. However, did you see the mint Lobbs posted last week?

****, if your shoes were size 12D, I would have sent you a blank check.

Mint Lobbs monks = cool, nice shoes yeah yeah... but your shoes are beyond awesome. Comparing your find to the Lobbs is like comparing a prom queen to a dried up wasted 50yo hag. I know Lobbs has that whole British high end fuckfest going on, but I take style over quality any day of the week.

Pardon my expletives, but this is a genuine find that I feel proud to have witnessed.

Good find for the Bay area as well BTW! I hunt around these parts and rarely run into interesting shoes that dont involve the words Penny, Tastle, or Loafer. Picked up a pair of Ferragamo Oxfords the other day thinking good find. Your find is pure epicness in my book.

EDIT
--------------------------------------------------------------------
:facepalm:. Confused you with Moo my friend LOL.

Last edited:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
don't touch the art bro

^^^ I once got drunk in a Parisian bar waiting for the line in front of the Musee d'Orsay to die down. By the time I made it over there, I was a full three sheets to the wind and ended up touching all sorts of paintings and sculptures. Good times, lol.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Was getting an extreme closeup of the lower corner to spice up my phone's background.  That painting is really breathtaking.  It looks like a Photochop of various monochrome tracings of violins with these wild, stark deep blue color pops.

If you messed it up, those Gucci shoes are doing well enough you would have a small portion of it covered. :D

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That comment about the AEs the dude was going to use to practice polishing made me remember: Passed on a pair of Church's wings today, looked close to my size in a red mahogany color. Looked like the dude got into a fight with a Liliputian swordsman. Or ran over them with a lawnmower. Heartbreaking.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
We also saw the YSL exhibit during this visit to the museum. Wish I could've taken some photos of this ****. Guy was so ahead of his time. He basically created the influence of men's dress clothing in women's fashion. There was a room full of his women's tuxedos. KILLER. Come to Denver if you want to see this show, we're the only US venue.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Shiny

Reaction score
A couple of beuts salvaged a long an otherwise *hitty day:
P1010247.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads