1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grendel

grendel Senior member

No, Southwick is made in Massachussetts, HF in Rochester, NY

Nope, I'm a 34 in Bonobos.

2. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

I know right? Those pics and description comments aren't exactly going to instill riotous activity on that suit.

3. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

but I can swing a 31 ...

4. eazye

eazye Senior member

A couple things I picked up today.
    Vintage BB peak lapel navy DB with gold buttons. Vented, size 44R, available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vineyard Vines whale shirt. 4XL
    [​IMG]
    BB Country Club button down. Made in Italy, MOP's sz XL, available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BB Makers lightweight pink button down. Made in the USA, my size N/A
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another BB button down for myself.
    [​IMG]
    Trafalgar Italian Calfskin belt sz 38, available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First one of these I've seen, you guys know I love me some paisley.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And these bad boys, AE Byrons, 10.5 D, available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Passed on some vintage Church's Bordoux in my size that were beyond serviceable.

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Worn 3 times since the wedding, to divorce court I guess.

6. highlifeman

highlifeman Senior member

I believe BB's parent company bought Southwick a few years back, from what I understand they manufacture the BB lines that are Made in the US for them now (as well as still under the Southwick name).
    (So you hit the nail on the head since they now make most of the "mainline". [​IMG])

I think Southwick is definitely under-rated, esp. the newer stuff, thought some of the older stuff can look pretty dated, as can most brands.

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Based solely on the pictures, that's hard to say, they could be corfam. A man-made material which acts similarly to Shell. I find it unusual for Shell Cordovan shoes to have synthetic soles. They look a bit cheapish, The selling price is probably about 100 too high in my opinion. There is no pic that at least shows they are leather, most leather shoes will have a stamp on them indicating this. IMHO, Definitely don't look to be the quality of Florsheim and Hanover as seller stated. All this based on photos, so I could be wrong.

BTW , judging from the pics, seller is on SF.
    http://www.styleforum.net/u/7143/the-deacon

He had these on the ebay thread a week ago.
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/177939/what-im-selling-on-ebay-member-auctions/2400_50#post_5536213

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  8. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Glad you are able to post pics again Eazy! Now, get to work on 42/41S and 8D, go! lol

For anyone I may have missed in PM here is the list of stuff im trying to get out of my closet, ~5 per peice, some obv a touch more, some less. Parameters are for right now, nothing less than 2 or more than 7!
    Ok, list so far. I have about 5 SC and 3/4 suits to add at a later date, sorry bros im a busy busy man till beginning of next week at least. Also, tomorrow if i can, if not in ~a week ill take pics of several items at a time so you guys know what your dealing with. But with the price and description you should feel fairly confident lol.
    PANTS:
    1)Jack victor cord textured (like a flat, or slightly upraised cordouroy if that makes sense) Dark charcoal/black pants 35x31
    2)Bobby Jones Black Cotton pants 33x29
    3)Zanella Mid grey/brown (difficult to describe but pretty innocuous color) herringbone 35x28
    4)Barry Bricken 33/29.5 Light khaki silk/linen blend
    5)Zanella Brown 35x29
    6)Krizia 34x30 Khaki Color in what I think is wool, but they have a great drape/hand
    7)34x29 sky blue glenplaid unbranded
    8)Mottled dark charcoal Flannel (from Town and Country a nice mens store in Springfield MO, but no maker) 36x28

SHIRTS:Barry Bricken M Red Silk
    HB 16/36 light blue with black "graph paper" check
    Saks House brand (seems to be MTM) Grey microcheck French cuff 16x33
    Joseph Abboud L basic Blue
    Ike Behar slim fit 15.5x33 blue with dark blue herringbone stripe
    3x J. Crew green label casual shirts, light bue with pink, lime and dark green stripe respectively.
    RL Green Label 15.5/32-33 FC blakc and white stripe with contrast cuff and collar (I know... its green label, but this is a killer looking shirt)
    JW Nordstrom 15.5x32 mid green with nice silky finish, cool purple color inside shirt.
    Calvin Klein 16x33 basic white
    joseph abboud 16.5/32/33 slim fit blue with white stripe blue pinstipe in middle of white stripe
    John Miller? 16.25x32 Basic blue, got this because it has really nice fabric and finish
    BB Makers 16x33 basic blue with contrast collar
    IB 16x33 Basic White
    BB "M" off white linen MiEngland
    BB 16.5x32 white with red and sky blue pinstripe, FC (with matching fabric cuff links)
    Ben Sherman navy/green stripe 16.5/32-33 great shirt
    Ben Sherman Black/grey micro check 16.5/32-33
    Joseph Abboud sky blue subtle black/blue pinstipe 16.5x32-33
    BB 16x34 white with mid blue stripe
    Forsyth of Canada rainbow colors pinstipe on white (great fun shirt) 16x34/35
    Grey XMI 16.5x34
    If you guys would, please at least try to buy more than one item at a time, itll make my life a lot easier, and you won't get dinged so much on shipping. Again, im trying to do ~5 per shirt/pants, some less some more, but that should be about avg.

9. grendel

grendel Senior member

Went at lunch. So first some stuff I passed on... Anyone heard of Equilibrio? There were a couple of these NWOT shirts and they actually seem to do okay on the 'Bay but I didn't kop because they didn't seem special:

[​IMG]

Also passed on this Bullock & Jones shirt 'cause it was too big for me and they don't seem to do well on the 'Bay? Strangely although it looks like linen it's 80% cotton, 20% polyester? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only thing I picked up today was this SWEET NWT Hickey Freeman wool duck tie

[​IMG]

Been thinking about picking one of these up for the fall, now I don't have to.

10. tben

tben Senior member

Can you provide the price you paid for each of those items please...

11. hyakku

hyakku Senior member

Wow, I'm always kind of confused with Oxxfords as they all seem to have old labels to me so I have to go by quality, and while this one was definitely quality, I couldn't really ascertain the date. If nothing else i'll go back and check later if it's still there. And +1 on that with the Bonobos/Brioni as well. Probably will have to be tomorrow though, firm event later.

12. highlifeman

highlifeman Senior member

Made a quick stop off at lunch, spotted this cool looking casual SC- patch pockets, partially lined, double vented-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then looked at the label:

[​IMG]

Wasnt expecting that- my first Brioni jacket find of any type, its a cotton/linen blend. Fits pretty well (I think its actually a tagged XL), keeping for now.
    (Sorry for crappy pics, taken from my phone)

13. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

That's pretty rad.

A high-quality party jacket. Sweet.

14. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

:slayer:

Nothing special today. Went back and picked up those Peal & Co for BB shoes. Black pebble grain oxfords w/ Dainite rubber soles. Overall nice shape. Size 9 D.
    Sorry for the awful pictures. Still trying to figure the new camera out. Can anyone ID the maker (I know the pic isn't the best)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Beck

Beck Senior member

Had some good finds out early today, a pair of Peal & Co. for Brooks Brothers brown Pebble grain shoes. Made in England. They have really nice Dainite soles.Size is 9D. Available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, A really cool vintage Gucci Men's leather briefcase dated to 1970's. This thing is awesome. Available
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few other items found today:
    -Loro Piana Womens Jeans Size 44
    -1970's Zippo New never used! It is advertising for Thermo-King

16. grendel

grendel Senior member

17. saleen

saleen Member

That is pretty random!! [​IMG]

18. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

^^ I'm pretty sure they thrift together

19. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Passed on a ton of Tom James suits, tweeds, and shirts today. Thought I had a BB tuxedo in my size, but the pants were no where to be found. Everything below is unavailable.

BB silk suspenders. I currently have no use for these, but I'm keeping them since they're my first pair and a staple color.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ben Silver, BB, BB
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BB partially lined sport coat/raincoat? What's the proper term for this? I'm pretty sure the fabric is a cotton blend. I plan on rocking this fall & spring over a sweater and OCBD.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.