• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the difference between these two tags? Is the red one just newer/nicer than the pink?

Polo, Aquascutum, Chanel, HF Collection, Charvet, Zegna, Canali, Canali
(not pictured are the damaged RLPL and the navy herringbone Polo that have since left my hands)

Oh ... and does Marshalls still do yellow-tag clearance? Does anyone know the Marshalls markdown situation?

Last edited:

Kitontini

Reaction score
Wow... Just caught up with 50 bajillion pages.... Haven't been around for a week and a half! This thread moves faster than light! Haha! Can't say I've found anything in a long time... been looking, haven't found ****. Other than the glorious amount of **** one passes up on a daily basis (LL Bean, Tasso Elba, John Ashford... etc). As for the 30,000th post... coming across the "edit" before seeing what he really said, was a little strange. But shouldn't the 50,000th post be the most anticipated? Just my .02 cents.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I can go edit his post and put something in
devil.gif
Can't you just ban him from this thread also?
cloud.gif

I kid

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
13.) 5 bucks says Darkmatter7 is sitting there with a maxxed-out reply box from today's massive haul, just waiting to press submit.

Man... I'm sorry I let you guys down.... =/

I've been striking out lately. I'm too lazy to get up and take pictures, but here's a summary of today's haul:

Brioni Shoes
Hermes Tie
Givenchy Tie
Balenciaga Sport Coat
Brioni Sport Coat
Kilgour French Stanbury Overcoat
Kilgour French Stanbury Sport Coat x 3
Oxxford Suit x 3
Samuelsohn Suit

Some other stuff I don't remember...

I know it seems like a lot, but I've been camped out at the store I found the Isaia at, hoping for a massive recent Isaia haul. I'm pretty bummed.
confused.gif

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
There it is. 22 posts too late. Coulda saved me some public humiliation!

I've been striking out lately. I'm too lazy to get up and take pictures, but here's a summary of today's haul:

Brioni Shoes
Hermes Tie
Givenchy Tie
Balenciaga Sport Coat
Brioni Sport Coat
Oxxford Suit x 3
Samuelsohn Suit

I know it seems like a lot, but I've been camped out at the store I found the Isaia at, hoping for a massive recent Isaia haul. I'm pretty bummed.
confused.gif

hmmurdock

Reaction score

I've been striking out lately.  I'm too lazy to get up and take pictures, but here's a summary of today's haul:

Brioni Shoes
Hermes Tie
Givenchy Tie
Balenciaga Sport Coat
Brioni Sport Coat
Oxxford Suit x 3
Samuelsohn Suit

I know it seems like a lot, but I've been camped out at the store I found the Isaia at, hoping for a massive recent Isaia haul.  I'm pretty bummed. :confused:

I wish I could strike out like that.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Striking out...Brioni, Hermes, Brioni, Oxxford x3.

baldy[1].gif

Brioni Shoes
Hermes Tie
Givenchy Tie
Balenciaga Sport Coat
Brioni Sport Coat
Oxxford Suit x 3
Samuelsohn Suit

confused.gif

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh ... and does Marshalls still do yellow-tag clearance? Does anyone know the Marshalls markdown situation?

I dont think its true for yellow-tag clearance as final markdown. I bought some shoes from Marshall that were from $200 (Marshall's price, not the retail price) that got clearance down to $69 (yellow-tag clearance), kept them for a month, then returned them, but the manager checked the price online and offered them to me again for $39, so I think you can wait the Marshall's price to drop down to 80% or more.

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ill give you something to fix! *shakes fist* :lol: ..and thanks.
I knew this quote would come in handy some day....
Originally Posted by Achilles_
I don't think I have a SC short enough for this challenge but if I do I will join
smile.gif

You are a big dude. I just looked at your last post again. I never pissed you off right?
biggrin.gif
It was from the blue challenge February 2011. It was cool to see yfyf, fuuma, frenchy, kitonbrioni, and a lot of the others posting :) Can't believe it was only a year ago...

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Stopped by an RL outlet today, picked up a few pocket squares and ties for myself, and picked up a few items that I thought you gents might be interested in getting your mittens on. I'm only posting prices since this is technically a proxy. First come, first serve - regular posters in the thread only. Lurkers keep on lurking. Prices do not include tax and true shipping costs.

Gitman Bros. knit tie - $15

There's a large pull partial way up the tie. Left it so it'd be easier to photograph. I honestly think if you cut off the excess, no one would ever notice.

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg

IMG_8172.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

PRL knits - $12.50

Polo tag has come partially loose on one side.
IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg

Claimed:
IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8177.jpg

RLPL pocket square - $15

Claimed:
Ever the slightest pulls in small areas - couldn't even photograph. Definitely unnoticeable once folded.
IMG_8179.jpg

edit: if anyone is inclined to proxy, I found this bag on eBay a few nights ago and fell in love. it's actually the reason I went to the outlet, in hopes I'd find it. Hopefully someone else has more luck: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...0?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Backpacks&hash=item19ce4d1c0e

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Ill give you something to fix! *shakes fist*
lol8[1].gif

..and thanks.
fistbump.gif
*solidarity*
But, don't misconstrue my accessibility for any self serving reason... I really just like talking about clothes and nice things, with similar like minded enthusiasts. The fact that I sell them is a bonus. My consumption is probably far wider than my output, BION.
...and point proven. WANT THIS!

Don't be modest. You aren't a dick and are very helpful, accessible, etc., which is awesome because most of us will never catch up to the knowledge of clothing you have to offer. Just an all around solid fellow.
cheers.gif

I'll sneak this in under the wire... since I looked old in my DB yesterday, here's one of the Ted Baker SC's

The subtle color in the Ted Baker is pretty cool. The Corallorosso that I have has a similar blue color in the collar. I don't really like to wear things that are loud, but enjoy vibrant color, if that makes sense.

The only thing brag-worthy is a silk Hermes scarf. Funny story and pictures will come later. It is 4:40am here and time to go to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads