• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Nice haul Andro!

I picked these up today...posted in the Label thread, but it has been slow the last week. Any info on manufacture would be great. Also picked up a pair of Black Captoe Ferragamo 14D and Cole Haan Black Captoe 10D to clean up and flip. I like flipping shoes, a lot more fun in the cleaning/polishing then in shirts and suits.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah, I've been amazed at my luck lately, though I've got to slow down a bit as my house is starting to look like an open air flea market lol.

Same here. Awesome finds! You should see if you can find the donors name in any of those and send him a thank you card!

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Hello! I picked up this funny sweater in my size (small) the other day at a GW. It is 100% cotton and the tag reads: "Saks Fifth Avenue * New York, NY 10022 REAL CLOTHES." Aside from the great personal value I derive from wearing it and being ridiculous to bother my wife, how much do you think it would be worth if anything? Thanks! -M-

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, no clue who makes this bag but I like it...love the color and I've been looking for nice overnight/tote bags and it was discount day so I'm pleased. Only clue on the maker is a letter "A" (pic below). It's probably total crap but I don't care, I like it and it's damn near impossible to find totes that aren't totally destroyed where I am.

That doesn't look like an "A" to me... It looks like a road going off into the distance. Still don't know whose logo it is, but that's another direction to look.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, funny thing is, I originally said "an A that looks like a road" in my original post, but later edited after thinking I was seeing things. Thanks.

That doesn't look like an "A" to me... It looks like a road going off into the distance. Still don't know whose logo it is, but that's another direction to look.

Last edited:

AMProf

Reaction score
Just to clarify, I live about 200 miles from the BB clearance center in Garland, NC. So I will not be dropping by again for a while (until my next fishing trip). So no proxy available.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
'Cause I'm a mo-ron, apparently.

We all make mistakes. The main thing is to learn from them!
nod[1].gif

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not accusing anyone of anything; this isn't an allegation. My mom manages a much more upscale "Forever 21"-type store (think Forever 21 meets Neiman Marcus), and people are constantly ripping off merchandise (with the tags still attached). About two years ago, the cops busted a ring of shoplifters who were stealing the stuff, then selling it on that auction 'site.

No one here would do anything like that, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one wondering if some of the NWT stuff on the B&S has fallen off of the back of a truck.

I seem to remember that someone in the DT "Confessional Threak" saying something about stealing items and selling them on StyleForum.

MattR

Reaction score
Knowing that Andro and I are in the same area is starting to make me supremely jealous. :D But seriously, that's a great day right there. :slayer:

Today was the day that wasn't. Stopped by 4 different places. First time seeing Southwick in my size; inevitably, there were holes. (By the by, it was an awesome 3-roll-2 mid-weight glen check. *Sigh*)

Picked up some BB 1818 Madison flat fronts in solid gray, so I thought I had finally closed that gap. But, forgetting they were suit separates, I picked up what was ultimately too small for me. (If you're a 32x30, they are available, much to my personal dismay :spam:)

Thankfully, made up for it a bit by grabbing a ConAir clothing steamer. Needs a good cleaning, but other than that, glad to finally grab one!

Also, I work right down the street from a BB Outlet (I think it's the one Dig is talking about). I'd be willing to proxy stuff for people, if their prices match the stuff at the clearance shop. I've never been there before, so I'll give a report tomorrow night.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

im not going to read all 200 pages since my last login, so hope everyone has had good thrifting luck!

Soukoulis returns!

Was about to suggest a thrift outing over the holidays, then I saw that you'd skipped town.

:foo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads