Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

2. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

So, who was the seller, we can get back at her Chicago style...Ill have a horse head sent back and charge back to her....

Im not kidding.

3. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Nataku.....that is the best avatar ever.

Again, pm me these fools ebay info. Ill get them.

I will also pick up the Polo bear sweaters I see and ignore....ive seen a few recently.

4. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

Really need a shared blacklist. I'd say just make it public, but in the case of some scammers like that one, they might Google and find their name maybe, which would be unfortunate since they'd just change names. The problem with doing it via PM is that there'd be different versions and so on and so forth.

Maybe a public list that puts the list itself inside spoiler tags or something like that to obscure it a bit?

Nat, you really should keep pursuing that - I'm telling you, small claims will love you, and you know where she works and everything... tack on fees and you'll be making money off HER in the end. Sure beats "self help" pulling the same scam back on her... though you might get some personal satisfaction there that doesn't derive from making her entire workplace know what a scammer she is - oh, wait, what's wrong with that again? :devil:

Today was interesting - six stores, and I saw a pair of Allen Edmonds at every single one... HIGHLY unusual for central Ohio. Only picked up one though.

Pickups:
    AE Graysons 11.5B shell cordovan
    Lands End Charter Collection Magee Donegal sc (with the nifty hand-signed label)
    J. Press Presstige Magee Donegal sc - I <3
    Vineyard Vines "little flags" tie

5. Brianpore

Can the eBay black list thread be accessible only to members with 250, 500, 1000?? posts or more?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Eh, karma will get her back. Soon enough...

Haha, PM sent! :laugh:

Also, please do pick those bear sweaters up if you get a chance.

:D :laugh:

Sounds good!

Yeah, I may just make a phone call to the school dist. she works at and see where that takes me.....

7. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I will post my problem ID's pending developments.

If problem bidders want to screw with us, there wont be a clothing seller from Styleforum that will take their bids on eBay. Some of the better eBay sellers that we all know and like would also play ball and block them. We have the power to turn their eBay misadventures into buying scraps from 2nd rate sellers almost as dodgy as them.

We should all have mob mentality that says, fuck with one, you fuck with Styleforum. You dont fuck with Styleforum and get away with it :devil:.

Pardon my French of course.

8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Return policy doesn't matter if the item is not accurately described. I seriously doubt that ebay would side with you even if "Genuine Shell Cordovan" is stamped on these inside and out. The standard seems to be that the buyer always wins.

IMO a no return policy has the effect of keeping the honest buyers from making returns. Face it, a dishonest buyer can cut a shirt and take a photo of the damaged goods you sold him. I think you will lose that battle 100% of the time.

9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I say the threshold should be 900 posts. ;)

10. Brianpore

+1

Quote:
    THANKS!

11. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I checked with J about this awhile back, and he nixed the idea. It won't happen.

12. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

2 Stores - first a bust, second one was a few nice items. Found clothing - Barbour Traveler Jacket, Brioni Tie, 50's Hand Painted Tie, and a few non-clothing items: pair of vintage Hella headlights for Porsche/VW, Zenith transistor radio, and a nice leather covered flask.

Forgot...records too...couple Cat Stevens on Deram, original press Zeppelin Zoso album, ELP on Cotillion, and a couple more I cant remember...these were near mint, so hard to pass up since I'm sure they are better copies then what I have currently.

13. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

here are some interesting finds from my last week or so. sorry for the poor pictures; the lighting in my place is not good. everything is up for grabs, if there's any interest.

First up, I found an almost mint Kiton, 100% cashmere, in a big boy size (~50!). the only issue with the jacket is that there is a hole near the second button. Since it was damaged, I got it for a whopping .75 cents. No idea what I'm going to do with it (might look into re-weaving, but not sure).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next, I found this nice Brioni blazer. 38R, has surgeon's cuffs, etc. Nice piece, overall. Wish it fit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Third, I found some Versace Jeans Couture. No idea if these things are real or not; my suspicion is that they are (Medusa heads all over the place, authenticity label, etc...but Versace ain't my thing). Look at the fabric label! Haha.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fourth, couple Zegnas made with very nice fabric (XL & XXL)

[​IMG]

Finally, I picked up this John W. Nordstrom cashmere/wool jacket. Normally I pass on this brand, but the jacket's color is really phenomenal. Fabric is by Zegna. IIRC, measures to a 40R.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Brianpore

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You guys move fast in this thread. LOL.

Don't get me started on eBay stories... I can write a book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.