• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
That Hermes is stunning. I have only found one Hermes silk scarf in 15 years of thrifting in a fairly large city but it’s one of a few specific things I’m always looking for.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Had to go to a medical appointment in a town about an hour away, and there's a GW there that's never yielded much, as it's not a great demographic around there. But hey, no way I wasn't going in. Glad I did . . .

Checked the shoes/suits/outerwear, as is my habit, then headed over to the women's outerwear. As I turned the corner, I caught a glimpse of this on a middle shelf at the back of the store.
IMG_4136.jpeg

Whoah, serialized with a sharpie. Yeah! There was a guy standing there, his belly up against the front of those speakers, checking his cell phone. Kinda like I do while I'm "protecting" something while I decide. I was like, oh frack, he's checking their value. I hovered like a vulture, watching for a clue, and then moved in alongside, trying to figure out how to snatch them out from in front of him, lol. And then, much to my amazement (and delight), he stowed his cell and picked up a pair of those little white Optimus bookshelf speakers, marked at a Jackson. "Yeah, great sound on those for their size", I said. He smiled and responded: "For sure, and I love the price compared to those", pointing at the Rogers ($79.99). Geez, I couldn't get them off the shelf fast enough . . . Instakop!
IMG_4137.jpeg
IMG_4138.jpeg

Matched pair, stone mint. So why is this a big deal for me? Well, my first "real" career was as a newsman for the BBC in the UK. We used the legendary LS3/5A monitors in our outside-broadcast vehicles, and I bought a surplus matched pair of those for $100 when they were changing them out. Frankly, the best sound ever, IMHO. Truly extraordinary sound for such a small speaker. Crystal clear and accurate. But one day, in my roller-coaster ride of life, I was broke-a$$, and sold my LS3/5As on eBay to a guy in Japan for $3500. I needed the money at the time, but damn . . . One of my most regrettable examples of "Wish I hadn't sold that".

The LS2 was a "consumerized" offering from Rogers, and it had "larger" sound, designed to fill out rooms larger than small broadcast booths. I had their bigger-brother LS6s in the 80s. Joni Mitchell's "Wild Things Run Fast" was the first song I played, and the clarity was stunning! So I miss what I can only call the "texture" of that sound.

Sorry for this ramble to those of you who are not audio geeks, but those who are will totally get it.

These LS2s, with polypropylene cones etc., should still be solid. But I figured it was worth rolling the dice for 40yo speakers. I'll let you know how it goes . . .

And as a nice bonus, a couple decent come-ups in the same store. First, a pair of Church's Custom Grade loafers . . .
IMG_4141.jpeg

And a gnarly RL D&S piece with a vertical stitched-in US flag.
IMG_4139.jpeg
IMG_4140.jpeg

Pretty great #onestop! Keep it coming, gang!!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to go to a medical appointment in a town about an hour away, and there's a GW there that's never yielded much, as it's not a great demographic around there. But hey, no way I wasn't going in. Glad I did . . .

Checked the shoes/suits/outerwear, as is my habit, then headed over to the women's outerwear. As I turned the corner, I caught a glimpse of this on a middle shelf at the back of the store. View attachment 2132793

Whoah, serialized with a sharpie. Yeah! There was a guy standing there, his belly up against the front of those speakers, checking his cell phone. Kinda like I do while I'm "protecting" something while I decide. I was like, oh frack, he's checking their value. I hovered like a vulture, watching for a clue, and then moved in alongside, trying to figure out how to snatch them out from in front of him, lol. And then, much to my amazement (and delight), he stowed his cell and picked up a pair of those little white Optimus bookshelf speakers, marked at a Jackson. "Yeah, great sound on those for their size", I said. He smiled and responded: "For sure, and I love the price compared to those", pointing at the Rogers ($79.99). Geez, I couldn't get them off the shelf fast enough . . . Instakop! View attachment 2132795 View attachment 2132797

Matched pair, stone mint. So why is this a big deal for me? Well, my first "real" career was as a newsman for the BBC in the UK. We used the legendary LS3/5A monitors in our outside-broadcast vehicles, and I bought a surplus matched pair of those for $100 when they were changing them out. Frankly, the best sound ever, IMHO. Truly extraordinary sound for such a small speaker. Crystal clear and accurate. But one day, in my roller-coaster ride of life, I was broke-a$$, and sold my LS3/5As on eBay to a guy in Japan for $3500. I needed the money at the time, but damn . . . One of my most regrettable examples of "Wish I hadn't sold that".

The LS2 was a "consumerized" offering from Rogers, and it had "larger" sound, designed to fill out rooms larger than small broadcast booths. I had their bigger-brother LS6s in the 80s. Joni Mitchell's "Wild Things Run Fast" was the first song I played, and the clarity was stunning! So I miss what I can only call the "texture" of that sound.

Sorry for this ramble to those of you who are not audio geeks, but those who are will totally get it.

These LS2s, with polypropylene cones etc., should still be solid. But I figured it was worth rolling the dice for 40yo speakers. I'll let you know how it goes . . .

And as a nice bonus, a couple decent come-ups in the same store. First, a pair of Church's Custom Grade loafers . . . View attachment 2132803

And a gnarly RL D&S piece with a vertical stitched-in US flag. View attachment 2132799 View attachment 2132801

Pretty great #onestop! Keep it coming, gang!!

Wow! That's a home run!! So now the real question; keep or sell? Haha.

Reminds me of when I thrifted my Rogers LS3/5A monitors at the Goodwill years ago. They were the first nice speakers I had ever found, so they hold a special place in my heart. I remember seeing the hand written serial numbers and that they were made in England. No smart phones back then (I didn't even have a cell phone yet), so I rolled the dice. I just about fell out of my chair when I got them home and looked them up on the computer. I too sold these a long time ago when we needed some bread for a down-payment on our first house. I think they sold for about the same, $3200-$3500. Somewhere in there.

DSC09656.JPG

DSC09663.JPG

DSC09667.JPG

I actually found the post I made when I found them. :laugh:

vandelay74

Reaction score
Hey all - been lurking on sf for a while on and off, but recently deep dove on these thrift threads, getting schooled in the process. So first off, thanks a lot. So much fun.

I was moved enough to try my hand at the thing for the last couple weeks.

Enough talk:

3DBEDE0E-EEF7-4035-9B87-B707938E8576.jpeg

94CDDCB1-9B64-43D6-B0E5-538F632BAB7B.jpeg

3BFCD652-9929-4361-A596-F1C5C4BEECAB.jpeg

C7D71758-FDFA-4FAF-934D-A08F2B65549D.jpeg

3B4D6D4D-0266-4739-9B52-B8F8B80EFCA9.jpeg

E72703BA-DD3C-445B-BB27-0D6289FFB1A8.jpeg

Humble beginnings, but they’re mine.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that Oxxford suit looks ridiculous.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all - been lurking on sf for a while on and off, but recently deep dove on these thrift threads, getting schooled in the process. So first off, thanks a lot. So much fun.

I was moved enough to try my hand at the thing for the last couple weeks.

Enough talk:

View attachment 2133011

View attachment 2133013

View attachment 2133015

View attachment 2133017

View attachment 2133019

View attachment 2133021

Humble beginnings, but they’re mine.
Welcome on board the thrift train! Chooo chooo!

goatamous II

Reaction score
Gonna need full pics of that Oxxford!

My humble little find
I don't typically pick up the kids J's, but these were an exchange and cheap enough to take a gamble, plus all good condition / good styles.
If anybody has kiddos in a size 5Y, happy to send them over for cheap instead of dealing with the bay

20240215_223702.jpg

starwarsocean

Reaction score
Is this the new label they’re using for the Z Zegna line or something? Construction/fabric are good and the content tag looks correct, just haven’t seen this tag style before. Maybe something made for outlets?

View attachment 2133091 View attachment 2133093 View attachment 2133095 View attachment 2133099
Nope. That’s not Z Zegna that’s mainline from like the last 6 months to a year. They dropped the Ermenegildo like Ferragamo dropped Salvatore. Insanely recent find with a much higher RRP than zegna 3 years ago.

jbie

Reaction score
Is this the new label they’re using for the Z Zegna line or something? Construction/fabric are good and the content tag looks correct, just haven’t seen this tag style before. Maybe something made for outlets?

View attachment 2133091 View attachment 2133093 View attachment 2133095 View attachment 2133099
Nope. That’s not Z Zegna that’s mainline from like the last 6 months to a year. They dropped the Ermenegildo like Ferragamo dropped Salvatore. Insanely recent find with a much higher RRP than zegna 3 years ago.

Interesting read for more detail. Newer stuff seems to be a lot more focused on casualwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads