• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
A few recent finds...

charvet 1.png
charvet 2.png

G shoes.jpg
G shoes 2.jpg

Orvis 1.png
Orvis 2.png

Beretta.png

Filson 1.png
Filson 2.png

Schott 1.png
Schott 2.png

Schott 3.png

Schott price tag.jpg

Schott 4.png

heathenist

Reaction score
My meager contribution:

1970 Seiko Lord Matic
DA64F1BF-E420-47E0-BB11-A3C8E4BEDE27.jpeg

Haven’t tested it enough to see how well it keeps time and it needs a strap that actually fits it. Plus it’s obviously a little beat up. But at thrift price I couldn’t pass it up.

Last edited:

GoldenHarvestMedal

Reaction score
Can't compete with the fire on this thread, but it felt good to hit a few stops yesterday. I still drop by the outlet bins to see if they stopped sucking. Nope, still suck. Boo!

And to my wife's dismay... More hats! Cheaper than hair transplants!

$4.50 each.

Stetson USA canvas hat. I'll wear the sh1t out of that one
Really cool USA Orvis Sandannona "shooting fedora". Notice the slug on the leather band
Possibly vintage Stetson. Looks kind of like a stratoliner, but no metal plane on the band.

They all fit too!

View attachment 2092187 View attachment 2092189 View attachment 2092191 View attachment 2092193 View attachment 2092195

Something like this one?
Stetson Hat - Flower Moon.png

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
You guys have been killing it, love to see it! My finds from today pale in comparison but notable just because they all came from a fairly crowded GW in a busy metro area and everything was already on the racks. Shocked all this was passed over, not sure what people are looking for.

Wallace & Barnes buffalo check heavy shirt
IMG_4479.jpeg IMG_4480.jpeg

NWT St. John white denim, probably early 90s?
IMG_4481.jpeg

Saw these on the shoe rack and thought they looked quality. Based on tag, they were put out on Thurs, can’t believe nobody looked at these closer.
IMG_4482.jpeg IMG_4483.jpeg IMG_4484.jpeg

Shocked to find these, found a couple purses from them in the past but no footwear, may be some of the highest quality boots I’ve found to date, super nice suede.
IMG_4485.jpeg IMG_4486.jpeg

Good looking Fryes for Mrs J.
IMG_4487.jpeg IMG_4488.jpeg

Always good to find Screen Stars.
IMG_4489.jpeg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reel to reel x 2? :slayer:

Yes indeed!

I have been looking for a decent r2r for years now, but the thrift has not yet provided. Not even at the countless auctions and estates I attend.

The specific model I'm looking for is a TEAC A3440S, as I have a pile of old tapes that I recorded with my jam band on the 3440 back in the 70s/80s. I would like to revisit just how bad we were, as well as get them digitized before the tapes degrade. "Joe's Garage" anyone? Back then, that TEAC was the bomb, as it was really the first r2r to bridge the gap between pro units like Revox/Studer (that we had at the BBC, where I worked as a newsman) and the simpler domestic units. Plus, it looked awesome atop the audio stack. This is it (not my pic):
5427-a3440.jpg

I had it hooked up to Rogers LS6 monitors through a McIntosh amp, so the sound was stellar. TEAC had made it to respond to the development of quadraphonic sound, but when that fizzled (as it did super fast), they added extra head monitoring buttons and aimed it at the home multitrack market. And it was indeed the first one we could do that on! Problem is that tapes recorded on 4-track won't play on most other models. So if anyone runs across a reasonably priced A3440S out there, I'm your buyer!
The A-3440S is a beast! I found one about 6 years ago. Wish I'd have kept it. The TEAC decks I found today aren't super high end, but they were in excellent condition. The (aftermarket?) dust covers were a nice touch.

Fun fact: My first "high end" speaker find at a thrift were a pair of absolutely mint Rogers LS3/5A monitors. Low matching serial numbers. Saw the hand written serial numbers and "Made in England" and figured they had to be worth the $3.99 per speaker they were asking (talk about the good old days!). Got them home and looked them up on the computer (I don't even think I owned a cell phone at this point) and just about fainted.

Hah....I found my original post when I found them.

More stuff from Hawaiian shirt haul. Got 2 tubs of glasses for a hundo, the boxes were filthy and full of that yellow dust from the foam in cases. opened one of tbe ray ban cases and decided it was worth the gamble.

Top of one of the boxes…gross
View attachment 2092097

View attachment 2092095
View attachment 2092099
View attachment 2092093
B&L x 8 atleast , 3 AO
View attachment 2092083

View attachment 2092079
1/10 12K x8
View attachment 2092081
B&L Canada
View attachment 2092087

View attachment 2092091 View attachment 2092089

One of the coolest shirts I’ve found.

View attachment 2092123
View attachment 2092125

Wow, that sunglasses haul! The McGregor Aloha shirt is a beaut! Really awesome stuff!
Never came across a Samuelsohn shirt before? My size, so....

View attachment 2092355

That's a killer pattern, too.

I remember when I used to find N&F all the time, but it's been awhile.

Also my size - so deciding if I'm getting too old to wear them or not. Chuckle.

View attachment 2092389

This. Good denim in general used to be a lot easier to come by in thrifts. I haven't seen a decent pair of jeans at the thrift in ages. Tellason, Gustin, Ruell & Ray, N&F, APC, Raleigh....I used to see these fairly often. I do hear the selvedge denim craze (at least on the mainstream level) has cooled off, though.

Here's some photos of the gear from yesterday.

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

Last edited:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
My first "high end" speaker find at a thrift were a pair of absolutely mint Rogers LS3/5A monitors. Low matching serial numbers. Saw the hand written serial numbers and "Made in England" and figured they had to be worth the $3.99 per speaker they were asking (talk about the good old days!). Got them home and looked them up on the computer (I don't even think I owned a cell phone at this point) and just about fainted.
Yeah, the LS3/5As are amongst the best-sounding speakers ever made, IMHO, and truly remarkable for their size. They were one of the standard reference monitors when I worked for the BBC, as their sound was so clear and crisp. I got a pair for $100 when they surplused them out. They did that every so often, and my chief audio engineer picked out a matched pair for me from an outside broadcast vehicle that was rarely used. I brought them over from Scotland in my duffle bag and used them for years.

Sadly, they ended up on the small list of items I truly regret selling. I have had too many times in life where I "just needed the money", and so they went to a happy buyer in Japan for a bonkers $3500, which covered my bills for a month.

I have the whole house set up on thrifted Sonos now, which I love, or will love until they become obsolete. Sonos once tried retiring all their older models, but took such public flak for it that they relented and did firmware updates instead. But I imagine the clock is ticking . . . That said, I did recently buy a Sonos soundbar for fifty bucks at an auction and the sound on that is truly outstanding, so if you see one, grab it!!

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a watch they want to trade (plus cash)? Looking at the smaller end of things (38mmish), but I also don't really know what I'm doing in the world of watches.

I'm thinking I might buy one of the Hamilton mechanicals -- I like the vibe of this: https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/hamilton-khaki-field-mechanical-black-dial -- but my preference is of course to buy something from one of you guys.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a watch they want to trade (plus cash)? Looking at the smaller end of things (38mmish), but I also don't really know what I'm doing in the world of watches.

I'm thinking I might buy one of the Hamilton mechanicals -- I like the vibe of this: https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/hamilton-khaki-field-mechanical-black-dial -- but my preference is of course to buy something from one of you guys.
Take a look at the Seiko mechanical field watches. Lots to choose from and about half the price of the Hamilton.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Seiko mechanical field watches. Lots to choose from and about half the price of the Hamilton.

my seiko 5 did not survive my 8 year old ... he didn't do anything extreme , just not a durable watch . i got it from the thread too ! sometimes it doesn't work out . i'm buying him a g shock .

i'd look at longines they offer smaller mech watches including some pretty sweet dive models and yes hamilton .

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my old 5 for 4 and half years everyday. Went in the sea with it, slept with it on, showered and exersised in it. Was a tank and didn't go wrong, I still have it but its retired.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads