• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my cheapness and pragmatism striked again today.

hit the bins. total **** show, but found an old churchill hat buried beneath a mountain of crap. super soft. didn't look too closely at labels and whatnot... BUT it looked like it's been the site of multiple moth feasts. funny thing is not super obvious, but once you see the nibbles, you can't unsee them. i left it because i'm conscious of not buying a bunch of stuff. we do live in an apartment after all.

anyway, the point of this rambling is when i got home... i started wondering if it was one of their Vicuna felt ones. i was going to go back and just buy it for the $1 it probably was... but my wife was like "i don't care if it's made from the pubic hair of virgin unicorns, you are not wearing a moth ridden hat!". she's wrong though, unicorns don't have pubes. LOL!

oddly enough, i don't think they're worth a whole hell of a lot? especially with nibbles?

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple more autographed books. The first one is be a politician, but probably less controversial. The second book... Well let’s just say I already have a signed copy, and picked this one up hoping for a reading copy. I see Scott around town occasionally...

View attachment 1324393 View attachment 1324394
Nah, I prefer the All-Clad to him too :hide:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One stop.

DSC00753.JPG

DSC00755.JPG
DSC00756.JPG
DSC00757.JPG

I don't buy RG anymore unless it's super crazy and cheap (limited edition, etc), but this was cheap, NWT, XL and had a huge embroidery on the back. It definitely made the cut.

DSC00766.JPG

DSC00774.JPG

DSC00779.JPG

No label on this guy, but based on the fabric label (Made in England) and the overall cut, I'm thinking it's Eskandar.

DSC00792.JPG

DSC00799.JPG

DSC00821.JPG

DSC00822.JPG

DSC00824.JPG

DSC00846.JPG

DSC00848.JPG

DSC00869.JPG

DSC00882.JPG

6x recent Canali 5 pocket pants for the price of a McDouble.

DSC00884.JPG

DSC00923.JPG

and to make this post relevant to this thread

DSC00940.JPG

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few highlights from STP in FoCo (you might be from Colorado if you understood that).

Duckworth Woolcloud Vest. I’ve been wanting to check out this Montana company... I also picked up a women’s one, which is destined for the bay.
7EE144C4-8475-433F-95B1-1AB63ACBFEC3.jpeg

Pantherella: yellow, blue and purple are cash blend; wine are cotton blend.
B8D6532E-7F9A-42FA-84EB-CA18AD41E134.jpeg

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku
Those brunello look questionable. The stamping on the tags doesn't look right as it's not the right font. Could be the picture. That and I noticed the lion of saint mark back leg.

wcl

Reaction score
Pop on M & M

RRL

From the bins a MIUSA Peacoat. The missing buttons are in the pocket.

Picked this up some time ago but just got around to cleaning it up. My Uncle found this at an estate sale and hit me up. Fortunately I was only about 10 minutes away. Lakland 55-02R in beautiful shape. They had it priced at $700 firm but it was the last few hours of the last day of the sale and the owner suddenly became motivated. I got it for $325 when all was said and done. Not true thrift but close enough for me.

And just grabbed this heavily modded Fender Lead II and and an OLP MM1 for $280 from a pawn. The bridge PU is an original Lawrence L500 and the neck is a Duncan dated 1985 which I am guessing is an ssl-1. My first "real" guitar when I was 15 was a Fender Lead III so I was really exciited to find this. I will probably sell the OLP and part out the bridge and pups on the Fender which should put me back even plus a little. I am going to rebuild it to somewhat original specs with a couple of humbuckers. Sort of a poor mans PRS.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And just grabbed this heavily modded Fender Lead II and and an OLP MM1 for $280 from a pawn. The bridge PU is an original Lawrence L500 and the neck is a Duncan dated 1985 which I am guessing is an ssl-1. My first "real" guitar when I was 15 was a Fender Lead III so I was really exciited to find this. I will probably sell the OLP and part out the bridge and pups on the Fender which should put me back even plus a little. I am going to rebuild it to somewhat original specs with a couple of humbuckers. Sort of a poor mans PRS.

I have no idea what any of this means... ?

wcl

Reaction score
I have no idea what any of this means... ?

Essentially it means the parts are worth more than the whole. Or something close to it. I am not a member on any guitar forums so I figured I would throw them up here for the hell of it. Forgot I was on a clothing forum for a moment.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds...

Nothing available at the moment.

Still can't pass on clearanced shearling. Suede number next to it was nice.

fullsizeoutput_131a4.jpeg

Grey overcoat is handmade but completely anonymous.

fullsizeoutput_131a5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1318f.jpeg

These pants are actually pretty cool in a military-inspired early aughts way. I secretly hoped they'd fit, but they don't. It's probably better that they don't, it may have been one of these situations...

How I think I'll look:

How I actually look:

fullsizeoutput_131a8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_13194.jpeg

[Before you ask, her name is Magga Braco and you can find her on YouTube. The gifs were made from the Eiffel 65 shuffle mix video, first result on YouTube when you search. You're welcome.]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAu6574i8o9ocF3z_MYIrA

fullsizeoutput_131a9.jpeg

Robert Clergerie boots:

fullsizeoutput_131aa.jpeg

One of my favorite finds this week. Coated cotton blackwatch coat with nice details. Seems to be a Spanish company I don't know.

fullsizeoutput_131ab.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_13199.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_131ac.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_131ad.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_131ae.jpeg

These wouldn't be expensive to buy, but were less than a Nespresso capsule:

fullsizeoutput_131af.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1319f.jpeg

@California Dreamer or anyone else in the know: Is this Shalimar real? Not very valuable, I know, but just curious because the bottle shape is a bit different.

fullsizeoutput_131b1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_131b2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_131b3.jpeg

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
^ @HansderHund I continue to be simply amazed by the volume and variety of quality merchandise you find with great frequency on your thrift outings. Absolutely extraordinary. Are you in a very exclusive demographic like the Austrian equivalent of Long Island (edit: Oyster Bay, LOL, thanks everyone) or San Fran? Your careful curation for photography is also exemplary. I have enough trouble finding the time to just sling my hauls on a white table!! So thanks. Always eye candy.

Meanwhile, out in Sun City West, and from an estate sale listing:

"Wheel chairs. Scooter. Walker. Shower chairs. Blood pressure machine. Oxygen tubing. So so much. Something for everyone." Wheeeeee . . .

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads