• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool chair.

duckthing.png

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, I know some of you hate it when I post about **** I didn't buy... But there's no gaziano and Girling left behind this time ;-)

90s ralph lauren dungaree usa flannel lined Jean jacket. way too big... Well worn, but not trashed. I have 60/40 plus cost split with my buddy who lists stuff I find on ebay. Could have gotten it for under $10... But still didn't seem worth the hassle to end up with maybe $40 profit.

Found some reef X Lee usa made selvedge jeans. Way too big at 36" waist. Really clean. Same story as above. Showed them to some hip looking old dude with a scarf and an annoying wife who wouldn't shut up. He bought them. Lol!

Lastly, I was literally in line to pay but left them. Ferragamo sport blue suede shoes Vibram rubber soles. $20. Would have been for personal... But I couldn't think of one good reason to ever wear blue suede shoes. Haha.

More than anything, I enjoy thrifting not only for the hunt, but it calms me for some wierd reason. You don't think of your problems when you're on a quest. Ha!

Last edited:

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick stop after taking the cat to the vet, he was already pissed. Highlight is an Italian wool overcoat from Higbees in Cleveland, its like it came out of a 60 year time machine.
hig24.jpg

hig24.jpg
hig23.jpg

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still dry here at the thrifts but I did pick up this beautiful Taschen Valentino book at just over twenty bucks at out half priced books stores. My first Taschen.
View attachment 1144826

upload_2019-3-16_14-13-16.jpeg

Haha, nice. The glass case — I know it well. If you’ve never been, Recycled Books, Denton’s three story converted opera house, could blow your mind, and there might even be some fodder if you know what to look for. (Best find was a $400 Nathalie Sarraute book for $5...though I haven’t been able to part with it).

thomas199023

Reaction score
Also found some fun ties this week
5x Profuomo Silk and Made in Italy. (“Italian” Dutch brand but they make some great ties)
DEAC789B-419F-41A5-AFA9-13E99C793453.jpeg

And another Brioni, but this time a tie. Totally different store than where I found the suit top.

17C00B81-21B1-4B3A-8520-D27760E36F80.jpeg

First time finding Brioni in Netherlands. Can’t believe I found two items in one week.

thefringthing

Reaction score
@HansderHund: I like the Burberry tartan and the red/blue/yellow striped, although the latter looks like it needs a dry clean.
@eazye: What's the connection? "Dack's" sounds like "dicks"?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads