• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
New additions to our extensive thrifted French cookware collection from Fri. Pop on Staub, been tempted to buy one of their dutch ovens but I’m too damn cheap — this small, navy blue stoneware piece will suffice for now. A couple nice Le Creuset pieces as well.

IMG_5018.jpeg IMG_5019.jpeg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm going to have to look into this a bit more, unfamiliar. The inside looks darkish from memory so that all makes sense. Kinda grey to charcoal but all the finger grooves are in there. The shape is better than that indicated in the photos fwiw, kind of distorted/distended.

I have become more selective on the pottery/earthen wares but still grab something I admire for the form.

Paul soldner was one of the western potters responsible for transliterating raku into an american studio technique , afaik he came up with the idea of smoking wares at heat ( and which is not a Japanese technique ) .

he wrote a fabulous essay about the development of American raku , you might enjoy it : https://www.paulsoldner.com/essays/american-raku

at this point I have a legit trove of wares so am likewise picky ... BUT I did thrift this maybe a month ago

20240527_180012.jpg

a potter i've been hunting at thrift for a few years . wood-fired stoneware . dig the bottle / bong / phallus form and it's pretty heavily decorated to boot . it's also heavily damaged which is def disappointing but I also suspect the damage is from the kiln and the potter decided it was worth saving .

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul soldner was one of the western potters responsible for transliterating raku into an american studio technique , afaik he came up with the idea of smoking wares at heat ( and which is not a Japanese technique ) .

he wrote a fabulous essay about the development of American raku , you might enjoy it : https://www.paulsoldner.com/essays/american-raku

at this point I have a legit trove of wares so am likewise picky ... BUT I did thrift this maybe a month ago

View attachment 2191393

a potter i've been hunting at thrift for a few years . wood-fired stoneware . dig the bottle / bong / phallus form and it's pretty heavily decorated to boot . it's also heavily damaged which is def disappointing but I also suspect the damage is from the kiln and the potter decided it was worth saving .
Thanks, will check it out. That's pretty wild, never saw anything quite like that. A guy I met who was a potter told me that most will destroy their (signed) works if there are any noticable flaws, but who knows maybe they also keep some things for themselves etc.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today was garbage due to memorial day half off day so the store was rammo. Don't want to think what I missed, but these are cool.

Not pictured; corneliani shirt, white lululemons.

View attachment 2191259 View attachment 2191261

This is nice, 34mm and 16 or 17mm lugs. Proper vintage size with great patina. Just need to get it cleaned up and a nice strap on it.

View attachment 2191263 View attachment 2191265 View attachment 2191267 View attachment 2191269

Anyone know how to get pen ink out?

View attachment 2191271
Love the repp ties! Good stuff wish i could have gone out for the holiday weekend.

DinhoT51

Reaction score
For any Ralph experts, is the cursive logo ever used on anything that isn't Purple Label?

Specifically for some Made in Italy shoes, in this case (which may be Sassetti based on searching through this thread).

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For any Ralph experts, is the cursive logo ever used on anything that isn't Purple Label?

Specifically for some Made in Italy shoes, in this case (which may be Sassetti based on searching through this thread).
Childrenswear

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Catch and release on this Brioni suit for $60. Is the red label older? Did i make a mistake in leaving it?

View attachment 2191825

View attachment 2191829
I wouldn’t have left that* but 60$? Hope it fits you

The fabric pattern looks decent and if not dry clean shiny, looks nice but a bit expensive

*This is my personal opinion. This is not financial advice

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MokshVanity