• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hat experts: What is the style name of these hats?

its not really a fedora, right? The brim is too small.

Steve Kane

Reaction score
Recent record pick ups -

A bunch of deadstock, private press loner folk/psych LP's all supposedly written by the same mysterious artist under different monikers. From top left-right: Arian Sample, Tommy Roundtree - 'Jungle Blood,' Life Lives, Snake & Remus, Terry - 'Rojvi' x2, Boots, & a test press of Jim Collins 'Music Performed by the High Mass.'

L-R: Atlanta Rhythm Section - A Rock and Roll Alternative (prob should have passed on this one), Silver Apples - Contact (promo copy on Kapp), Le Pamplemousse - Le Spank, The Fool - S/T, The Tiffany Shade - S/T, Cold Blood - S/T, Head East - Gettin Lucky, Snow - S/T, and Lee Hazlewood - Trouble is a Lonesome Town.

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
Haven't been out recently because I've been going though stuff I already have. Got rid of a lot so waiting for my little trip to the Catskills area next week. Hopefully I come across cool stuff up there.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright so it would appear....

That this label:

Is from roughly 1968 - 1976.

So this coat is 39 - 47 yrs old. Someone must have really taken care of this thing for all those years, for it to not be full of moth holes or totally shot. I always wonder how stuff from the East Coast finds its' way over here to the West Coast.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No name raw silk , thought it looked cool

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks Buffalo! They had this priced at $30. Traded them 3 J.crew shirts for this the other night. Paid about $6 total for those shirts. :laugh:
Is this the leather one? Thirty bucks? RAGE. :slayer:
In the field. I know Homme is what I'm looking for in terms of Dior, but is this anything of value?
EPIC.
DEAR PENTHOUSE FORUM: I never thought that it would happen to me.... It was just a normal day, another Friday afternoon at our office downtown. Ink on my fingers, shredded paper below. I had just finished the day's work and sat listening to the wind's slow hiss through the elms and the halls draining themselves of footsteps. Everyone else had clocked out. I sat alone at my desk, peering out the window, the kid who mows our lawn just outside. I seem to recall him using a Weed Whacker, though in retrospect, the brand is probably unimportant. What was important, more than its pendular blur of motion, was its sound -- that low, steady, meditative drone that makes one overly pliable to suggestion -- and the way the yardman was standing -- hip-shot and staggered of footstep, swaying, almost, in that lazy way particular to youth -- all right in front of my wife's SUV. Apparently, he'd flung a rock. It had shattered my windshield. I believe I was only scarcely aware of this by the time he'd managed to shove open my door and walk, unbidden, into my office. I might have been shocked -- hell, I'll even say that I was -- but I admired his honesty. It was something he seemed to own in spades. He even had an honest face -- wide open and expectant. Classical, almost, in its beauty. I am not embarrassed to say I even noticed his tan, its depth-y glow, the way it nearly burst from the fullness of his cheeks. He probably could have had said nothing -- I know this -- nothing at all, and neither I nor my wife would have ever been the wiser. Rocks, after all, are everywhere. They fall all the time. Now my wife, she felt bad for the kid. And since he was so very honest, she wanted to be nice to him, to try to help him....
Thumbs up. :slayer:
:nodding:
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahaha.
Hot, hot, holy civil war general and a HALF, man! Impressive beard skillz.
.​

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DEAR PENTHOUSE FORUM:

I never thought that it would happen to me....

It was just a normal day, another Friday afternoon at our office downtown. Ink on my fingers, shredded paper below. I had just finished the day's work and sat listening to the wind's slow hiss through the elms and the halls draining themselves of footsteps. Everyone else had clocked out. I sat alone at my desk, peering out the window, the kid who mows our lawn just outside. I seem to recall him using a Weed Whacker, though in retrospect, the brand is probably unimportant. What was important, more than its pendular blur of motion, was its sound -- that low, steady, meditative drone that makes one overly pliable to suggestion -- and the way the yardman was standing -- hip-shot and staggered of footstep, swaying, almost, in that lazy way particular to youth -- all right in front of my wife's SUV. Apparently, he'd flung a rock. It had shattered my windshield. I believe I was only scarcely aware of this by the time he'd managed to shove open my door and walk, unbidden, into my office. I might have been shocked -- hell, I'll even say that I was -- but I admired his honesty. It was something he seemed to own in spades. He even had an honest face -- wide open and expectant. Classical, almost, in its beauty. I am not embarrassed to say I even noticed his tan, its depth-y glow, the way it nearly burst from the fullness of his cheeks. He probably could have had said nothing -- I know this -- nothing at all, and neither me nor my wife would have ever been the wiser.

Rocks, after all, are everywhere. They fall all the time.

Now my wife, she felt bad for the kid. And since he was so very honest, she wanted to be nice to him, to try to help him....

That made me laugh and creeped me out at the same time. I admire the writing! Very good! Could you rewrite it where the person mowing the lawn is FEMALE and needs to figure out a way to pay for that expensive windshield! (Ok, now I have creeped myself out)

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incoming ****** story:

Walked into a usual store and headed to the suit rack in the far corner. I finish the rack and turn around to see two kids grinning from ear to ear, I take a single look and I know right away I doofed. Two Ysl tom ford boot. I asked to see them and they told me that they left a pair because it was ruined. I went to check and...

I guess they thought the straps on the jodhpurs were broken. Turned a seriously terrible day into a decent day.

Takai

Reaction score

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads