• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

varietygoods

Reaction score
I see Pucci ties going for boatloads on eBay, but also see them selling for very little. When it comes to Armadillo Zigzag it's very clear to see that the real $$$ ties are the Quindici, and from there the price slides downward with factors like age of the tie and pattern desirability. With Pucci, I can't recognize the determining factors that separate a $80 tie from a sub-$10 tie. Any Pucci fans out there care to share their knowledge?

The Pucci I found that caused me to start investigating:
IMG_6496_zpsx9elxxkn.jpg

Thanks in advance, more ties in spoiler.

IMG_6466_zpswno4aj8y.jpg

IMG_6470_zpsrlahmryi.jpg

IMG_6472_zpskautp2bx.jpg

IMG_6475_zpsiqz9olmw.jpg

IMG_6478_zpsll0zwohu.jpg

IMG_6481_zpsz4kjrs4u.jpg

IMG_6483_zpsi46r01vm.jpg

IMG_6485_zps4un9kpf8.jpg

IMG_6487_zpsccfqd3lh.jpg

IMG_6490_zpsjpuks2mv.jpg

IMG_6492_zpsztmifs2n.jpg

IMG_6499_zps3cmudlq3.jpg

IMG_6509_zpslw8t5m9r.jpg

Last edited:

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That J. Crew linen is nice ^^^

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, here's a brag, not thrift related but went to neighborhood store near Harajuku. Didn't go here last time. Koped 2 cups. Made in usa. Pretty quality. Damn, nbhd does colab with everyone! Oh, popped on a bounty hunter item for free!!! Pics dump later.

So, every store didn't allow pics of the goods unless you are Vader and i stomping at the stores in his hood. I understand that. I tried to take pics of the comme des Garçons sign on the wall when the lady stopped me. Really?! No pics of the ******* wall!? That was a mother dick!

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, we found out the gender of our child...

"They showed us his cannoli on the ultrasound like a month ago."

Congrats! That is fantastic!

Mine are (in order) Girl, Boy, Girl, Girl, Boy. The Boys are much easier. Boys just break things. They are pods from the Planet Destructo (with apologies to Dave Barry). The girls are sweet and kind and conscientious until about 11, then hold on to your hat!

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see Pucci ties going for boatloads on eBay, but also see them selling for very little. When it comes to Armadillo Zigzag it's very clear to see that the real $$$ ties are the Quindici, and from there the price slides downward with factors like age of the tie and pattern desirability. With Pucci, I can't recognize the determining factors that separate a $80 tie from a sub-$10 tie. Any Pucci fans out there care to share their knowledge?

IMG_6475_zpsiqz9olmw.jpg
1. Your pics are amazing, the rustic-ness is so awesome with that trunk as a prop. Well done.
2. Is this tie available?

varietygoods

Reaction score

1. Your pics are amazing, the rustic-ness is so awesome with that trunk as a prop. Well done.
2. Is this tie available? 

Hey thanks for saying so, mang! And, yeah, I typically don't take the time to snap pics of stuff I'm keeping so if I posted it and didn't say "NA" it's available.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Shout out to @Rhyme for passing on the great deal on this jacket.

Kiton pure cashmere
Borrelli shirt (discount)
Paul Stuart vintage English foulard tie ($1)
Liberty of London PS (.25c, nobody bid on it, so kept)

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a week of vacation where I did as little Internet as possible. Ain't got time for 1100 new posts - did I miss any grails or mindsploding hauls? :)

This was me last week:

B38B4E0D-F2B9-41B8-ACAE-2B820C76D6A8.jpg

Actually, that was like 2 hours of last week. Most of it was dealing with this little sand monster.

2F524516-FF64-423E-B885-FC27B3E2D0FD.jpg

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... If any of you go through shoe trees as fast as I do, take advantage of JAB's buy 1 get 2 free sale today and tomorrow! Great Woodlore trees for only $8.33 per pair! Spend $50 and get free shipping. Plus, their waxed laces are high quality and make great replacements. They are only $1 per pair. (sorry to sound like a JAB fanboy)

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... If any of you go through shoe trees as fast as I do, take advantage of JAB's buy 1 get 2 free sale today and tomorrow! Great Woodlore trees for only $8.33 per pair! Spend $50 and get free shipping. Plus, their waxed laces are high quality and make great replacements. They are only $1 per pair. (sorry to sound like a JAB fanboy)

I find shoe trees at Estate sales. I do have several pair of JAB shoe trees and they are very nice! But, I am constantly in need of shoe laces! Thanks, @drlivingston

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Doc!

Takai

Reaction score
I generally hold out for their Buy One get a Franchise Free sales, and stock up. But their trees, and other woodlore products are top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads