• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KNOWLEDGE BOX TM LIST

Items in bold are still needed.

1. Shell Cordovan
2. Grenadine Fina
3. Grenadine Grossa
4. Real Alligator/Croc
5. Stamped Alligator/Croc
6. Fake Versace Tie
7. Fake Hermes Tie
8. Real Hermes Tie
9. Real Versace Tie
10. Fake Chanel Scarf
11. Real Hermes Scarf
12. Selvedge

yanger87

Reaction score
Quote:
this is a women's no? i have two similar ones i thrifted recently and i think all the white pendleton tags are women's.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good day. Started slow, would have been a quick, hour thrift day. Found just enough stuff to make me scour the whole store for 2 hours.
Pants party
Baldwin chinos, baldwin jeans, 3x suitsupply cotton pants 1 NWT

Scotch & Soda, NWT Bill's, Dockers K-1 shirt

Reyn spooner sport coat

BB throwback sweatshirt

Patagonia beautiful colors for me, Southern Tide, VV Patch madras

NWT Billy Reid, VV purple gingham

All the above from one store
This super badass thing below feels like sex 51%silk 49% cash

Found money. In a pr of Levi's that I couldn't figure out were men's or women's, so I checked the depth of the front pocket.
Shazam!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bronson discount
Sugar cane discount
Sauce Zhang discount

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Thrift Vader and @barrelntrigger that is a ton of cool and interesting stuff, but how much is the approximate price in USD for the t-shirts, flannels, jackets? Are these places consignment stores in that the owners of the items are selling them there or were they donated like in the thrift store model here?
Honestly? the price varies widely, with the key being to sift through them all for the best deal. i normally pay $10 or under for a Tee. with my Number(N)ine x Disney being the exception. NWT for $30, retailing at over $180. so.. 20% of retail? Flannels can be had starting at around $10. going up to $80 for a NWT Flat head type item. jackets are all over the place. but a general rule of thumb is: NWT, or NWOT will run you 60% of retail. if you are savvy, and know a little more about the items than the shop pricers? - i can walk into a shop lined with Grails, and walk out paying 20-30% on jeans, and Jackets for personal use. by finding the genuine best deals on offer, meeting the criteria for what i need. or what others have requested.

so, unless a member happens to find a rare item in a goodwill? perhaps only ever once? i can find it 24/7, at the best prices you can hope to find. and i can guarantee that i can beat your "e-thrift" prices, or your "Consignment shops" on SW&D grails, 90% of the time. because while in the 'States, you might get lucky at times, i simply assess what infront of me is the best value.

Items make their way into my shops because here, it costs money to recycle or donate items. so instead of paying to dump stuff, people will accept the bottom dollar for stuff. because hey, getting a dollar is better than paying a dollar.
nod[1].gif
really, you only get a dollar for stuff. so you can't do the buffalo hustle. bought at insultingly low prices. and sold at reasonable prices. giving me the monopoly on grail items at the best prices .

Forgot to add, my favorite thing when it comes to Japanese thrift shops is you will always find grails every time in every so and the most randomest, awesomest, and rare **** you will ever see, period! I now can say I've seen some **** now. Lol
This is true.
nod[1].gif

Consignment Shop Vader
rimshot.gif
lol8[1].gif

False, there are NO Consignment shops in Japan. and, no "Goodwill's". it is in fact an entirely different business model.

imagine a Wallmart, with wall to wall awesome, at brag worthy e-thrift prices. -it is a Japanese "Recycle shop". ie:Thrift shop. (used, unwanted goods going cheap)
i never pay retail. i can get it cheaper than you, (unless you get lucky)
And i thrift absolutely everything i buy. including the Computer i am typing this reply on right now, kopped at 20% of retail. a Sony Vaio S model.
i look at all venues,including from shops here, from shopgoodwill, and from Rakuten/Yahoojapan.

i get the best SW&D on the planet. at the best prices in general.

hope this clears things up a little.
fing02[1].gif

Takai

Reaction score
Anyone have any vests/waistcoats in like a 38-40 they want rid of?

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score

Been Thrifting, Vader style. :stirpot:
Houston replica baseball shirt The Louis Vouitton case in a local resale shop. a rack in a "Thrift". style shop. more....... oh, it's a 45Rpm flannel. Porsche sunglasses. 1980's? Ferrari toolkit???? PSX!!! Number nine. head porter +, Undercoverism x vans. with hrm laces. Neil Barret Andrew Mackenzie dusty old slip ons.... Warehouse wabash sugarcane Kiminori Morishita badassness Supreme cap, Kings cap. More sugarcane Polo skier tie. stop at a flea market. back to thrifting, with an "Ultraman" Tee Shirt. Honda Cub fans? TMNT Pizza Bus, and X-men Black Bird. Final fantasy games new in box for SNES. been looking for #Thegame..... you know which one..... thrifting homewares.. eewwwwwww.. E.T Buzz Ricksons Tanker to fit the smallest of members. and who needs a boat engine? Bape Red monkey. - real RMC Fire king cabinet? - resale. cooking stuff- thrift want this one.. ooooooooohhhhhhhhh..... Sale !!!!!!!!!!! A-2. :drool: Barrel found this 45RPM Duffel, and i didn't. Heads up peeps! This Beams Denim N3-B is up for grabs! fits a 38R, so get at me if you want it. can proxy on commission. Want to Thank @Takai for the #shopgoodwill proxy on the Seiko Chronograph.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
anyway, my cart. has Number(9ine),Neighborhood,LVC made in Japan. Badass Lucky cat shoes with pinstriping? Issey Miyake? look at it, just look at it. ;) The Soloist. with hanger. this is not cheap. real interest only. the cat shoes.. with chucks. Flannels. @silverwarebandit ??? CDG CDG CDG ^YUP.
Good times. :)
really like looking through these, lusting over the CDG jackets most
I was going to let Vader jump on this but i think he had a bit more to drink last night so, let me take a stab at it. In Japan, there are no or very little charity shops and if I'm not mistaken, and no donation shops as in everything you see in second hand shops were bought from customers. That being said, i would consider these shops to be thrift shops because of the great deals and generally low prices. When it comes to pricing labels and condition are key. It's crazy how much brand recognition these store has. I've yet to see a grail gets under priced. I'm not sure about t shirts as i never look at those but flannels i do know about. For example, i saw a sick sugar cane that has some wear on it for around 25 but another sugar cane with the same label in a newer condition for around 45. Another example is my neighborhood field jacket which i traded with Takai had some gentle wear and darkening on the embroidery came out to be around 70 which i would Kopp the **** out of every time if it were my size! Another example i found a 45rpm duffle coat for 30 because it had some slight wear. Oh, i found a nonnative flannel for 6 but because the top button was missing. I consider that to be goodwill pricing but anyone knows that's a grail item! Oh, a new number nine stadium jacket could be had for around 300 but the same jacket from a different store has some minor issues could be cheaper than 100. Newer flat head jeans could be had for around 100. The same pair but faded could be had for around 30 to 50, depending on exchange rate. I would say mid tier to grails level items could be had at e-thrift prices. I'll let Vader chime in later. Hope this helps.
Damn, hope you guys hit some more Spontaneously hit some stores in the suburbs today. My phone quit charging pretty early in the day :/ so I was limited to what I knew from memory BB/Alden horsebutt x3
Isaia, Gant Rugger, Eton, Gucci, New England, J Press
Two records out of so many trashed ones, one big box in particular was lps with without jackets and to worn to buy. Mingus, Nina Simone, John Lee Hooker the only reason I flipped through it was because a copy of Relaxin with the Miles Davis Quintet was on top :violin:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pop. Who can tell me what I really have? I know this brand does well...this is a super heavy coat that has like...a detachable vest-like thing on it that has a huge W&G leather patch on the inside.
make sure it's made in Hong Kong and not a remake after j crew purchased them. Only the real true vintage Geiger will guys really touch. That's why some on the bay is dirt cheap and nobody touches. But the high dollar stuff is pre j crew.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^isnt it Lands End that bought the W&G name?

Also, that one is definitely true Willis and Geiger I believe. /Edit

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^isnt it Lands End that bought the W&G name?

Also, that one is definitely true Willis and Geiger I believe. /Edit
Yes cj my correction on my part it is lands end. If it's made really any wear other than china your good basically. The poplin patch is throwing me of with its colored thread. I'm guessing it's probably from around 1990 to 1995. The plastic keepers for the drawstrings is another indication of it being fairly newer. These two are twins and are early 80's poplins. The poplin tags were always white with tan stiching and made in Hong kong. If you find sweaters the good ones are made in peru. The bonus is if they are a burgundy tag instead of blue there the original poplin shirts and sell for the most. If it's a leather bomber the Eddie bower ones are the second best with Abercrombie jackets being top tier. I love geiger it's one of my top ten favorite brands but it's extremely hard to find it in small. I get more exited finding vintage Geiger than I do a lot of stuff. I would take these two shirts over a recent brioni suit any day you can't find this kind of quality anymore. I sold a burgundy label safari jacket about four years ago and a bidding war started between multiple people and it ended up going to Africa for around $750.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads