• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah was just going to say Magic Eraser on that Canali leather too

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@JFST , that Patagonia Snap T is probably late 90s/Early 00s. Look for a tag that says something like FA00, SP99, S98, W01.

If no tags have been cut off, that might be a little earlier. They stopped making Synchilla fleeces in the US somewhere around 2002 (I do not know exactly which season they switched). I have a Snap T from 1991 which has a season tag on it. When I get home, I'll snap some pics of the tags to show you what I mean.

The only numbers on the tags are W766F, RN 51884, STYLE 25450...
patch%5B1%5D.gif

Here's the picture of the internal tag from my old Snap-T, which I'm certain is from 1991 (F1 is 1991, F01 is 2001, F11 is 2011).

Sorry for the delay, @JFST ; I've been crazy busy the past few days, and am currently halfway through the first trip (of two) from San Jose to Boulder, CO...

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question for you guys: I picked up a pair of raw selvedge Naked & Famous Weird Guys yesterday. They needed a washing so I threw them in our machine and set it to gentle cycle. I don't do this with my denim but mine doesn't get like these were. Apparently I neglected to turn off the spin cycle and they wound up with light streaks down the legs. Think it makes sense to overdye them? They're not terrible as-is, but the streaks are noticeable. I've seen examples in other threads of people doing overdyes themselves and they can look really good. Best I can tell, it's a $15/hour or two investment.

Please keep us updated with the results. I would love to find out about the results.

this is a shop called Labels? never heard of em... they **** on their customers to maintain exclusivity and pressure sales?

or is it a joke theme, like Dick's Last Resort? 

i dunno, i kinda get a kick out of rude people... 

Were you there recently?

Try Magic Eraser,I'm serious

Dude, i use that **** to get rid of ink on my white walls!
My mom used to use hair spray on our couch when I was a kid and got pen on the leather several times. Had to look up exactly how it's done.

[COLOR=555555]Spray the ink spot with hairspray. Let it sit for about a minute, but do not let it dry. Rub it with a paper towel. If the spot doesn't come out, wet it again with hairspray and add a drop of clear detergent. Rub with your fingers and rinse with water.[/COLOR]

I think the reason hairspray works is because of the alcohol.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

Please keep us updated with the results. I would love to find out about the results.

Will do. I threw them up for sale last night thinking if they sell, great. If not, I'll probably buy some indigo later this week and give it a shot this weekend... I've got a pair of khaki canvas duck shorts and a few other things I'd like to experiment with too.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to Dick's, and this place is no Dick's. It's not to maintain exclusivity or pressure sales. As far as I can figure, they just don't like some people, to the point of overtly making them feel unwelcome.

Yup. I had shopped there several times prior and even consigned stuff to them. Went in wearing a ball cap (had not showered yet that day and it was rainy & windy so hair was a mess), and sunglasses (Rx and lightly tinted). In short, was told I would have to remove my cap and glasses if I wanted to shop there. I opted to not look all wild-haired while not being able to see anything, so I left and never went back.

I encourage you to visit next time you're in ATL. You may be granted leet status and gain entry.

Sorry, I am lost and having trouble following this. There is a resale/consignment store that rejects some customers or purposefully tries to make them uncomfortable? What could possibly be that good that they reject customers?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You found $176? At a thrift store? Did you find it before you bought it or was it a great surprise later?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cash today brings my total found to $767.

Anyway, may have just made a $50 mistake. Any suggestions as to what to do are welcome.

Try alcohol (very gently). It sometimes takes off pen.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Magic Eraser,I'm serious

DONT try magic eraser! DO NOT! It will strip the color and finish right off. Those Magic Erasers are an abrasive as they dissolve. I made that mistake on my car interior. The Magic Eraser works well on hard plastic door panels that get a little grungy. But, I accidentally wiped over the edge of the leather trim on the panel, and it took the color and finish right off. On this soft leather you would strip it and scuff it immediately.

Magic Erasers work well on things that you don't mind using an abrasive on. But, there are MANY things that the Magic Eraser will ruin.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I use alcohol wipes. from a first aid kit. or baby wipes. with mixed results.

Alcohol spray for cleaning electronics is another option. or this stuff:

-Alcohol. dries residue free.

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else jacked for winter to come around? Can't wait to start layering and all dat. Picking up so many sweaters I don't know what to do with. Bring it winter.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I use alcohol wipes. from a first aid kit. or baby wipes. with mixed results. Alcohol spray for cleaning electronics is another option. or this stuff: -Alcohol. dries residue free.
I use baby wipes on Louis Vuitton canvas and coated Gucci, works really well. Just throwin that out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads