• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well... I could either cut a portion off the end, and mount it into a piece of wood or something. Or I could just contribute the entire tie. It's Garza Grossa Silk, supposedly imported from Italy. Very vintage Robert Talbott, and it's super skinny so I don't wear it. Nabbed it for $5 shipped off eBay last year. It's Brown.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With cutting up a grenadine tie, wouldn't it eventually sort of destroy itself?

just sew a backstitch or sewing machine around the area before you cut and it should stay stable for awhile. but yeah i was thinking it would probably self-destruct quickly otherwise...

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey bros, curious if anyone has a spare galaxy note 4 battery

Txwoodworker hooked me up with my old s4 one ( thanks again)

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone thrift old boardgames? Never seen this one before. 1960s, I believe.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, im glad that you guys are all into the KnowledgeBox
2122.png

As Im sure you can imagine, I myself don't have time to coordinate such a thing to start - so Im going to look to the field of you all to collect all the donations from us and assemble the KnowledgeBox
2122.png
. Ill be happy to send off your first pieces of information to start it off into the world.

By show of hands, who wants to start receiving donations and be in charge to send this off? Once its off for the first time, the hive will relieve you of your responsibilities.

I should also note that anyone who is sending in samples for the KnowledgeBox
2122.png
, to mark or otherwise make them un-resellable, in order to circumvent any possibly unsavory characters out there.

Takai

Reaction score
I can contribute all manner of domestic leathers. I should have some vegi, and chrome tan cow, deer, elk, kid, maybe some roo, steerhide, corrected grain, might have some buffalo/bison, but not sure

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can we put an expensive sports car I cannot spell from Italy in the KnowledgeBox TM? I would like to experience those as well.
Fixed it!

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we put a Ferarri and a Mazerati in the KnowledgeBox TM? I would like to experience those as well.

i don't think that's how you spell Maserati, you plebe... NO SOUP FOR YOU!

but yes, good idea!

EDIT: I just realized that's also not how you spell Ferrari lol. Jokes on me lol!

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lessee, i too have some selvedge, some chambray, some wool donegal... happy to throw those in for posterity.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
shell
selvedge
alligator
synchilla
fake ****
my cars

missing anything?

actually, id like to try some real chicago deep dish pizza, and id appreciate some waffle house, when the box gets to me.

so on the real, who is going to co-chair this with me?

NOW HIRING

COO - KnowledgeBox
2122.png

REQUIREMENTS - Must have proven organizational skills, good communication, be based in the USA, and have perfunctory knowledge of menswear minutia. Must be able to tolerate a boldly dressed CEO and know how to use proper gifs and memes

SALARY - Is there a price on good deeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads