• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's the 2001 reissue of the 1986 Converse Weapon. I'm really just learning the streetwear vintage type stuff. It's probably not going to be that lucrative but spices up things a little.
I bought that exact pair 14 years ago lol Found them a few years ago in the shoe closet and donated them, well before I ever heard of this thread.

I see Burberry loads here in England, but it takes so long to flip it's not worth it.

I suppose Americans like it more than Brits.
I think it depends on what the Burberry is / how old it is

Regarding all the orphan talk from a couple days ago, where do you all draw the line? I've heard people say like Tier 1 (Kiton, Brioni, Tom Ford, etc) anything including orphan is worthwhile. But then you have like Tier 2 (Zegna, Canali 1934 / exclusive, etc.) I would guess solids are good but stripes are probably best to catch and release?

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We call them "recycle shops". Stuff you no longer need or have space for. You sell them to the shop at a very low value. They then flip it. Kind of like you guys, but brick and morter, and the stock comes to you. I can walk in. Try stuff on. And kop items at less than half retail. Often much cheaper. Rare items are priced accordingly. But LV bags for 10% all day? Great prices on watches and sneakers?
I'm happy to treat it like my Swag walmart.
smile.gif

Those Jordans in the top right corner are originals. All others are reissues. I shop for the Max's.

That is awesome, how much are those black and white 6s? Size uk 9?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
From memory? 27.5cm. $150.
Not sure if reissued previously. So assuming original. Reissue would last longer. Meh. Jordans are $$$$. Happy with the waaaay cheaper max 95's. Would wear constantly if possible.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been quiet in here lately but holy **** you guys have done well. The UK thrifting gods have been pretty kind to me lately but sadly no synergy on Loro leathers.

@Purplelabel you back in the game son?

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WHO DONATES THIS, WTF!

the lamb Seraphin, for the curious:

the shearling runs down the chest and zips out.
This is gorgeous my man. Hope it fits.

Thank you thrift gods:

Puts everything else I've used to shame. If this were a Spoo auction, the headline would definitely include EFFORTLESS.
I need to learn the basics of tailoring. One of the only things I'd like to do is shorten/slim T shirts and slim/hem pants.

...and when you say one stop, do yo mean, you walked in, went through racks, and pulled ALL of this? Holy ****.

I forgot the on the way home pic. I got some funny looks lol
I'd love to see this.

I like a nice project

I was going to say, these should turn out nice...

wow.gif

Pop on Supreme...and I thought they just made shoes? Who knew?

Pop again..on Thom Browne.

APC

Lanvin linen

Ties...Stefano Ricci x 2 and a Dunhill

Two Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece french cuff dress shirt sz 15

Question is, what doesn't Supreme produce?...

For teh sneeker hedz.

Not often my size, and priced at kop for self. But, always interesting.
satisfied.gif
This is so awesome, not a whole lot I'd be interested in but to see these on shelves instead of worn out Dexter's is awesome.

We call them "recycle shops". Stuff you no longer need or have space for. You sell them to the shop at a very low value. They then flip it. Kind of like you guys, but brick and morter, and the stock comes to you. I can walk in. Try stuff on. And kop items at less than half retail. Often much cheaper. Rare items are priced accordingly. But LV bags for 10% all day? Great prices on watches and sneakers?
I'm happy to treat it like my Swag walmart.
smile.gif

Those Jordans in the top right corner are originals. All others are reissues. I shop for the Max's.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw I was best man at my friend's wedding this weekend and some ****** accidentally knocked my full glass of Rioja onto my lap. Fortunately it was after my speech and I styled it out, but man I think my linen trousers are done for (thrifted of course). Fortunately my jacket is dark enough to hide any residual stain.

Can a brother get some sympathy?

(Will post a pic when I can)

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been quiet in here lately but holy **** you guys have done well. The UK thrifting gods have been pretty kind to me lately but sadly no synergy on Loro leathers.

@Purplelabel you back in the game son?

There's nothing here. Literally, nothing.
Until I find another thriftening, I'm out.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just curious,but why not drive into London one morning and spend a day thrifting there?

I wish I could, I just don't have the time and when I do I don't get to go in on my own without others tagging along.

I'm there in the next few weeks to meet up with some guys from Paul Smith (I'm excited), so I'll check some out while I'm there.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Big Paul Smith fan. :embar:

I thought you might, I'm a big fan of his Japanese inspired garments like the deerskin shoes I found a while back.

The social media team are really helpful, they spent hours answering any question I had or Instagram, and due to me missing the PS book signing recently, they arranged to get one signed form Paul himself for me.

One company I'll be keeping up with for a dry long time... Not just for the clothes, but for the people.

How big is Paul Smith over there?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't a thrift, but I got it at a good price. Trying to split firewood with a pocket knife while camping made me realize I need a hatchet. So I got the best one out there... Gränsfors Bruks Wildlife Hatchet.

Last edited:

white collar

Reaction score
Btw I was best man at my friend's wedding this weekend and some ****** accidentally knocked my full glass of Rioja onto my lap. Fortunately it was after my speech and I styled it out, but man I think my linen trousers are done for (thrifted of course). Fortunately my jacket is dark enough to hide any residual stain.

Can a brother get some sympathy?

(Will post a pic when I can)

Isaia aquaspider suits and tuxedo, best investment I ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads