• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Brag of the day, arguably the best suit I have found (never found Kiton). Even comes with its own hanger. Brioni double breasted 150's

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrifty, but not clothes: Picked up 28 golf clubs for $50. Did minimal research to see that at least two of them would sell for more than $50ea, took a chance on the rest. Have been very pleased with the results so far.
+21 more, and these aren't the ones that I knew I could sell for $50 or more.
Also, I know almost nothing about the equipment I'm selling, so if any golfers here want to point out any gross errors in my listings, I would appreciate it.
Not a huge golfer but i think you did really well for the price you got. When I played more I wanted that Odyssey Putter. But i would probably end up breaking it over my knee before it was all said and done. Best I didnt continue with golf.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haven't had much time or drive to go thrifting lately. Had an hour or two to kill with my son, found one thing worth getting.

Pretty sure this is vintage forest service, as it appears it used to have a ranger patch on left shoulder. Size large, will be going up on that other site.

Looks Like It. They stopped making for them in 1940 though I think. I was looking in there new catalog as they have some smokey bear stuff. There was a new version in it. I called they said they only made one for the catalog and it wasn't going to production. I was bummed. They did have the watch but 1k for a shinaloa watch is way to high even for a serious collector as I am.

Some stuff.

Last edited:

Chotii

Reaction score
btw, if i EVER come across a used marital aid in a thrift store (was it the "silver bullet" variety, or did it have veins and ridges? hahaha) i am signing up for the thriftmas exchange. believe it!

You know, frankly, I don't see a problem with buying the sort of thing, provided it can be sanitized. Once it is, it's probably cleaner than The Real Thing, which cannot be put into the dishwasher. :D

*down periscope*

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PM'd.
If anyone else wants to know what I was thinking, PM me.

I wrote quite a long reply to your last post, but I post almost exclusively from my phone, and The browser crashed.

The sleeves on the shirt he was wearing were fairly short, so he would have been showing a lot more cuff with another shirt. I got rid of a suit with arms around that length because it looked like I was wearing a suit for someone shorter than me.

But you are right, it's a lot about taste, especially about the buttoning point. And my taste runs to a longer sleeve. The pictures are interesting - I've found if you have a decent tailor they can do a lot, generally more than you expect. I wish it was a skill I had.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PS - someone found a pair of RM Williams boots in a UK8 the other day. Meant to PM you, so hit me up if you see this!

I can only remember seeing the pair I found on this thread recently, but they were a UK9, and are sold now. If they were an 8 I'd be wearing them.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's true - harley owners live to spend and spend to live

the needlepoint thing is the rub i think. well spotted.
Do Harley OEM parts sell well? My old man picked up a bunch of NIB at a yard sale for $100 (and left a bunch). Windshield, exhaust, handlebars, engraved metal covers of some sort, etc

I figure he can't lose but Idk how well he actually did as a lot of Harleys look customized to me so IDK the demand for OEM.

Last edited:

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning gang...

Saturday night was a POP for me. Literally had a dream I met up with @SpooPoker in his 'rati and he taught me his ways. I'd say awkward but the dream was pretty lit with awesome finds. No shame.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do Harley OEM parts sell well? My old man picked up a bunch of NIB at a yard sale for $100 (and left a bunch). Windshield, exhaust, handlebars, engraved metal covers of some sort, etc

I figure he can't lose but Idk how well he actually did as a lot of Harleys look customized to me so IDK the demand for OEM.

I would not have left in NIB HD parts that were cheap.

white collar

Reaction score
Morning gang...

Saturday night was a POP for me. Literally had a dream I met up with @SpooPoker in his 'rati and he taught me his ways. I'd say awkward but the dream was pretty lit with awesome finds. No shame.

No shame. Ive had one of these dreams too ... or several ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads