• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, me too. This is why you don't let a backlog pile up.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Welp, @Nataku, that outta pay for part of the trip at least. INSANE.

Those records, too. I dream of a haul like that.

Trying to pay the thrift gods forward a bit here,

THIS HAS BEEN CLAIMED. Thanks everyone!

Was putting away my winter stuff tonight for the season and realized this will never fit me despite my attempts at saving it. It's a Zegna wool/cotton/modal/cashmere sweatshirt that's been tumble dried and shrunk. It was a size Large, but it fits more like a medium. Free to a good home. Measurements below.

Pit to pit in front: 21"
Arm length on outside from shoulder seam: 23"
Shoulders: 19"
Length: 25"

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welp, @Nataku, that outta pay for part of the trip at least. INSANE.

Those records, too. I dream of a haul like that.

Best part? Free airfare and rental car. :) Worst part? Flying with a toddler is a PITA.

Yeah, I've been finding a ton of 80's stuff lately, which is cool and sells well. This stuff is what I'm into though, so it's great to find stuff that I can put into my personal collection.

Last edited:

mistermidwester

Reaction score

Best part? Free airfare and rental car. :) Worst part? Flying with a toddler is a PITA.

Free babysitting too (grandparents?) while thrifts are pillaged? That would be even better. :nodding:

Seriously, though, awesome. I'm going to be heading to a different part of the country here in a month or so (think @Fuecoland). I'm hoping to find a Tom Ford snap T while there. :D

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While you guys were out poppin' tags, I took my new Akorn grill on its maiden 'cue voyage (which was my first doing low and slow cooking). Pulled pork turned out great ... at 9:30. I'll start earlier next time.

Fuel for tomorrow's thrift run, I guess.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See! I said people needed to keep talking more Tom Ford talk and we'd benefit! That's a sweet score.
I hit up one store last night and left pretty happy. Not Tom Ford happy, but I'll take it. :)

D&G x2, RLPL, Kiton, RG, Toscano, Lacoste, Bugatchi, ibex x2, James Perse x2, Burberry, J Press, Boss, Charles Tyrwhitt, Corneliani, PRL (by Corneliani, no?), EZ 15 mil (no other tags, fake?), mani tux, Stefano ricci for Battaglia, Ferragamo dog tie, etc.
Finally thrifted a pair of Alden. Next stop, Edward Green! (Pleaaaassse?)...

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While you guys were out poppin' tags, I took my new Akorn grill on its maiden 'cue voyage (which was my first doing low and slow cooking). Pulled pork turned out great ... at 9:30. I'll start earlier next time.

Fuel for tomorrow's thrift run, I guess.

Nice looking que! Gotta love the Kamados. It is strange, though... Whenever I think of grilling, the only thing that comes to mind is... **** WENDY!!!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SpooPoker

Congrats on going full time!

Cheers!

masaccio

Reaction score

See! I said people needed to keep talking more Tom Ford talk and we'd benefit! That's a sweet score.
I hit up one store last night and left pretty happy. Not Tom Ford happy, but I'll take it. :)

D&G x2, RLPL, Kiton, RG, Toscano, Lacoste, Bugatchi, ibex x2, James Perse x2, Burberry, J Press, Boss, Charles Tyrwhitt, Corneliani, PRL (by Corneliani, no?), EZ 15 mil (no other tags, fake?), mani tux, Stefano ricci for Battaglia, Ferragamo dog tie, etc.
Finally thrifted a pair of Alden. Next stop, Edward Green! (Pleaaaassse?)...

Yes, that PRL is by Corneliani. Beautiful pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads