• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents: I have a mkii and a mkiii, and I'm getting rid of both of them, as I got a Sony A7S. Even though I can still use them as B and C cameras for video, I'm still selling them and getting another A7S.

Seriously, Leicas are pretty but A7S is like the only camera out there right now for my money. Shoot in almost any light at any aperture or shutter; ISO 27,000 with almost zero noise. Best all-around camera I've ever used.

this is super interesting... i wonder if folks are using the viewfinder or the LCD to compose?

i think any latency with a digital viewfinder would bother me to no end, but maybe it's not an issue? i dunno... you got me reading reviews now lol...

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went back to the scene of the yesterday's crime.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It might be a sport coat, but i would guess its part of a suit.  In my experience, Corneliani labeled items don't sell tremendously well anyways...and, demand for double breasted doesn't seem to be real high.

Especially 20+ year old orphans.

FWIW I made (what I thought was) a bad buy. Dated EZ DB unvented navy suit with replacement trousers (missed that in the store & disclosed very clearly in the listing). Somehow, it is selling. I thought I was going to take a bath on it (even though it was cheap). Of course EZ ≠ Corneliani, and mismatched suit ≠ orphan.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I made (what I thought was) a bad buy. Dated EZ DB unvented navy suit with replacement trousers (missed that in the store & disclosed very clearly in the listing). Somehow, it is selling. I thought I was going to take a bath on it (even though it was cheap). Of course EZ ≠ Corneliani, and mismatched suit ≠ orphan.

this is true. mismatched suit = 2 orphans

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Longchamp Le Pliage for 1.99. Quickly claimed by Miss Purplelabel. (Upside down ffs)

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this is true. mismatched suit = 2 orphans

Going to make money on it. Can't complain. So far I've had no trouble selling the dated stuff I've picked up, provided that the label is decent. Knock on wood.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks. FOLKS.
So I found that older EZ suit in 56L the other day, my first EZ. Last night on my way home from work I decided to swing through the places I've been hitting up daily. And I found all of this, in my size!
More recent EZ, Tom James Corporate image 3 pc, Hart Schaffner & Marx designed by Christian Dior (is this legit? Seemed weird to me but decent quality is there), and Armani Le Collezioni. Also an Aquascutum blazer.

Pretty sure they're all from the same donor, as the TJ has his name embroidered inside the jacket and typed on the label in pocket. In one of the other pieces I found same guy's business cards. Half tempted to reach out to see if he has anything else he was getting rid of, but realize there could be negative implications if he didn't want them donated (nasty divorce, overlook during spring cleaning, etc).

Also found some NWT Abercrombie chinos that will sell, nwot Boss made in Italy chinos/jeans, and some Armani exchange jeans as well. All either current or recent offerings.

A couple shirts as well.

Pics as I know posts are useless without them! In the process of getting a torso mannequin so I can take more legit pics.

Thanks for looking! I know this isn't amazing like some of what all y'all pull in on the daily, but I am quite tickled, especially because the girl who rang me out either a) was daft and didn't know how to work the register or b) thought I was cute... Because she literally charged me about half of the already ridiculously awesome price I was planning on paying based on tags. And there are no sales or discount days at this place. Haha.

Last edited:

Doomsticks

Reaction score
So, what size are these? Damnit churchs I hate your markings is it 11 or 10? I dunno how to read this...

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In one of the other pieces I found same guy's business cards. Half tempted to reach out to see if he has anything else he was getting rid of, but realize there could be negative implications if he didn't want them donated (nasty divorce, overlook during spring cleaning, etc).

Don't do that...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

florsheim imperial shell. need a spa day but uppers seem to be pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads