• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haven't been very successful for the last couple of months. today, the shoes came thick and fast:

Armani navy wingtips (43.5) and Armani loafers (43) - some wear on the straw. Not sure what leather the upper is, but they're sewn together at the centre of the sole. Both available.

Sperry Mainsail (9.5) and Bally ladies loafers (36) in practically brand new condition. Both available.

And this triggered it all - saw the left shoe first, rummaged through 4 cages of odd shoes to find the other half and found all the above pairs along the way. Cucinelli mid brown loafers in very good condition, size 43, also available.

Last edited:

futuremyth

Reaction score
A few fun vintage finds

Ford x Eddie Bauer duffle (N/A)

Robert Genn print (N/A)

Adidas jacket with John McEnroe (i think) graphic, L

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had a mini thriftening at the end of the night. Was initially disheartened when I saw there were only about 30 ties on the rack at the Salvation Army.

Then after I got a closer look, I bought them out. That has never happened before, we pretty awesome. I kept waiting for someone to tell me they were not for sale or something.

This place doesn't individually price their ties, so no pesky barbs either.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Highlights of today. Swish?
I should say ******* so.
The best part about a 15 hour thrift run is when you unpack the bags from the first two stores of the day, its like discovering that stuff all over again. "Oh yeah, I remember finding that now."
The worst part? Realizing you have 15 hours of photos, editing, and listings in your near future. That's the worst. Feeling. Ever. And the second largest deterrent to me doing 15 hour thrift runs (the first being the fact that I have a family, special needs kid and a day job. OK, maybe that's three).
Had a mini thriftening at the end of the night. Was initially disheartened when I saw there were only about 30 ties on the rack at the Salvation Army. Then after I got a closer look, I bought them out. That has never happened before, we pretty awesome. I kept waiting for someone to tell me they were not for sale or something. This place doesn't individually price their ties, so no pesky barbs either.
NICE!

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Cool story bro!" Time.
So i got a text from my cousin this morning telling me that her uncle (other side no relation to me) gave her a painting.this guy owns 15 houses in Toronto is 91 and only owns a bike which he still rides.
Anyway in the late sixties he bought a house and one of the tenants was a guy named Tom Hodgson.
The previous owner said he left it behind and the old owner threw it in the trash.her uncle fished it out hung it on his wall and forward 40 something years and here we are.
Its dated 1969.
Below are the prices his works are getting.one fetched 88 grand at another gallery.
Best part is that she recently decided to go back to school so it will help her out.
Theres more...her father my uncle of course, won 225k in the lottery on christmas day with a ticket that his wife bought him for christmas (now his exwife...i kid i kid)

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a "Razzies" equivalent of the Cheapies?

... because this is a contender for most egregious price gouging:

Thanks Salvation Army!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads