• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takai

Reaction score
@TheNeedMachine

Popped down to ATL today, and only had enough time to hit Buckhead and Marshalls. Picked up a bag of goodies, but nothing compared to that LP. Though I did pick up one of those spiffy BBBF Tartan chesterfields along with a BBGF Hanger to go with it.

Got to hang with @ReubenR for a minute and drop off some fun stuff in Athens though.

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score
just getting over a case of Thrift Bowel that kept me out of the shops for a week...

vintage woolrich guys, how did i do?
Post War 40's/early 50s or so.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Euuugghh that JCrew I thrifted WAS wimmenz after all. Shame as it fitted me lovely haha! Gave my wife a laugh anyway.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@TheNeedMachine

Popped down to ATL today, and only had enough time to hit Buckhead and Marshalls. Picked up a bag of goodies, but nothing compared to that LP. Though I did pick up one of those spiffy BBBF Tartan chesterfields along with a BBGF Hanger to go with it. 

Got to hang with @ReubenR
 for a minute and drop off some fun stuff in Athens though. 

I was contemplating hitting the Buckhead GW today - good to know that you already cleaned it out so I won't bother. Haven't been to the "good" Marshalls or TJX in ages. Would like to see a pic of that Chesterfield!

Takai

Reaction score
I was contemplating hitting the Buckhead GW today - good to know that you already cleaned it out so I won't bother. Haven't been to the "good" Marshalls or TJX in ages. Would like to see a pic of that Chesterfield!
Likewise, I was planning originally to stay the night and hit the rest of the city this morning, but now Im glad I headed home. There were a couple of nice things at Marshalls, but nothing like when the last wave of BBBF/Rag and Bone stuff hit down there. Took me an hour or so to dig the coat up.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fyi, that Kit on was one of the 5% vicuna blends. Had a Bergdorf tag and now in the 50% off area of NMLC for about $1600. If I had about 5 grand I could seriously move my wardrobe forward at that store. However, I am happy with my Church's for under 10 bucks. And one other pop for me. N/A.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Likewise, I was planning originally to stay the night and hit the rest of the city this morning, but now Im glad I headed home. There were a couple of nice things at Marshalls, but nothing like when the last wave of BBBF/Rag and Bone stuff hit down there. Took me an hour or so to dig the coat up.

Even when those two Marshalls stores get good stuff, at those prices, I'm mostly buying for personal use. Of course, there are the phantom "mistag" cases, but I don't think that's happened (at least to someone on here) for quite a while.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some stuff from yesterday. All available.

Some tees. North Face(M), Patagonia polyester(S), North Face womens(M), Patagonia(M). NWT Billy Reid Wynn Chinos. Size 38

J Crew Ludlow tuxedo jacket. Dual vents, etc. 40R.

Breuer, Talbott, 2 x Bosca belts.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fyi, that Kit on was one of the 5% vicuna blends.
That's key info. With 5% I probably would have passed too, but @the2ndhandman if you're patient you can do better than what you're describing. If you need inventory to turn over constantly, well, that's another thing.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the top is roman Emperor Vespasianus (Vespasian) and the ones below greek, looks ancient...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Specifically, it appears to be a copy of https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/he...n_judaea_capta_sestertius/476409/Default.aspx. Wish it was an original!

Later two I haven't had any luck identifying yet, may have to bring them in to a local coin gallery/expert to ID.

Want to thank @Cj52racers and @colorvision for awesome trades on that Marinella for Beretta tie, and the Borrelli suit!

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score
Even when those two Marshalls stores get good stuff, at those prices, I'm mostly buying for personal use. Of course, there are the phantom "mistag" cases, but I don't think that's happened (at least to someone on here) for quite a while.
I think my 1500$ BBBF Cashmere funigan that I picked up last time I was down there for ~50 would count in that category, however that has been about a year ago I think? But I was definitely hoping for that coat for myself more than profit. BBGF Tuxes for 300 there as well though, which was tempting.

Denton

Reaction score

Likewise, was in the parking lot last night before close but wasn't feeling it. Piedmont wasn't horrible with ties, for the first time ever.

marc roberto

Reaction score

30k for kiton vicuna hellllllll no. That is way over they only retail at like 7 to 10k max. That looks like there sales gimic patch wich is probably only 5% vicuna. They just start with a regular 75ook jacket then ad 2k for the 5% vicuna. The 30k to 75k are FULL vicuna. I think people have a misleading idea of what vicuna is really worth. These are mtm pieces only paid in advance. They only have so much made for them yearly and it is sold out before the fabric even arrives at the factory. These pieces aren't made for the regular market and you will never see them sitting at any kind of retail store. That's still steep at 1600 even if it is a mix and new. Kiton resale value has capped out I think on average a regular cashmere jackets are tapped out at 250 to 300. With a 6k average retail that's crap. I've sold brooks brothers suits for more than that and they only retail at 1500 max. Point being kiton is flooded in the market. Now @theneedmachine the Loro is way better than kiton its worth 4 used kiton jackets and it's just way better overall in my opinion. Kiton just doesn't have that zip it used to.

Just as a reference, I did see a kiton suit made of 97% vicuna and 3% silk in a LCNM for around $3500. The retail price was $32,000. This was about 2 years ago and I still wish I had been able to buy it... was too much for me at the time...

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Couple finds:
Calling on the coin experts here.. no clue what I've got (I think they're coins), but worth the gamble at under a dollar each:

These two were converted into tie tacks...

Appreciate the help, as always!

I think the top is roman Emperor Vespasianus (Vespasian) and the ones below greek, looks ancient...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Specifically, it appears to be a copy of https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/he...n_judaea_capta_sestertius/476409/Default.aspx. Wish it was an original!

Later two I haven't had any luck identifying yet, may have to bring them in to a local coin gallery/expert to ID.

Want to thank @Cj52racers and @colorvision for awesome trades on that Marinella for Beretta tie, and the Borrelli suit!
can confirm the second coins look greek. skeptical if real. but they look either repop, or polished. and damaged. super cool if real. a metal test should let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads