• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

colorvision

Reaction score
To Boot New York with map soles. Need to clean.

A few more pics of those size 43 Harry's of London chukkas, since a couple people asked about them:

Score. Kuhl revolvr, currently my favorite outdoor pants, 32x32 and fortunately vanity sized. NA

Popped my Brunello. A bit of pleasure, a bit of relief, but mostly it just hurt. Looks like the waist (36) has been let out, I thought I might be able to get it taken it in, but I think 2" will be too much. Also a loose leg hem and a stain on front that should come out with a little water #inBeforeDrLpointsItOut

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

God bless who ever invented the Bloody Mary and Mimosa, thus allowing me to drink at 10am without shame.

Where you at?

Edit: if that's anywhere in south Florida you're allowed to drink scotch in the morning also with no shame what so ever

Are you staying at the Grand Budapest Hotel?!

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is very true with women also. I've learned that the hard way in the past 3-4 months. Hurts to see that "Hermes Tie" walk away, but somewhere down the road there is an even better Hermes, or maybe an EG Cappelli or Marinella.

Besides... in hindsight, that first Hermes Tie was crazy anyways.
rotflmao.gif
As a man, which I assume most of us are, you gotta love this!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

freehand

Reaction score

Anyone else 'advanced searching' their gift exchange person looking for clues as to what they want? This is awesome. 

Yes. I'm also holding off posting some cool stuff in case I decide to send it to my thriftsmasee. Thriftsmasee probably isn't going to catch on right?

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out this morning for the first time in ~2 weeks. All available, per usual.

Tyrwhitt tailored fit 15.5/35, Pringle cashmere v-neck(46"), Mountain Hardwear made in USA long sleeve and Mountain Hardwear fleece pants. Both size L.

Lululemon women's scuba hoodie. Size M. Needs a washing but whatever.

Beater Florsheim shells. 8.5D. Available for cheap since they're not in the best shape.

Apparently the guy who donated the AE's really liked AE chesters.

AE McCallister size 13C, black.

3x AE Chester size 13C. All different colors.

My favorite find of the day tho?

Aquascutum pure silk belted trench. Probably a 44-46 judging by fit on me. So baller.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few more things from earlier this week...

Sequel Polartec 200 fleece (made by Native Americans in Durango, CO) -Medium

Sequel Polartec 200 fleece (Large)

J.Crew Lightweight Shirt (large)

T&A

J.Crew Lightweight Shirt (Large)

Made in Hawaii (Medium)

Two of my most favorite Tori Richard shirts (Medium and Large)

Specialized cycling jersey (Medium)

CW-X Cycling Jersey (XL)

Primal American Flyer Jersey (Medium)

Cloudveil coat

John Varvatos (Large)

Been had sexiness (42R)

Vintage North Face fleece (Medium)

Insulated Woolrich Coat (Large)

Woolrich (44)

Serac windbreaker anorak (Medium)

REI Midweight Fleece (Large)

LL Bean 60/40 (Large)

Orvis Zambezi Twill (46)

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
@SpooPoker Is this the Versace I am looking for? Need to research these to help keep them all straight.

Button down, long sleeve, black, 60/40 cotton/silk, Metal Medusa head top button and two zipper pulls. The hologram sticker is on the other side of the one tag.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RE: Gift exchange. This is my first year so I've been going back and reading posts to see what I can figure out. I have some ideas. I'm going to attempt to make one thing. Wish me luck.

Hello. I feel like I don't post a lot of clues as to what I'm into. Sorry bout that. Basically, I wear casual button down shirts(regular medium/slim large in the standard J Crew/mall sizes)/sweaters/jackets/jeans or slim chinos/boots most of the time. My sweater game is weak right now as some fawking moths ate my favorite two sweaters from last year. Also, I think I'm solidly a 34 waist now so all of my 33 pants are just hanging out until I get ****** back to the gym. If you could find a Beavis & Butthead 'Tommy Pullmyfinger' shirt, I would wear it. I also wear CM stuff and appreciate the hell out of it, i just have less excuses to wear it. I sell stuff on eBay too so if you run out of time, i'm a-okay with some fodder. Hope this helps if you were having trouble. NOW YOU BETTER IMPRESS ME. jklol

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Easily my favorite non-tramezza ferragamos I've ever found... natural color wholecuts. I didn't even know they made these! Already starting to get a super-badass patina on the toes. 9.5D
Once upon a time in a different era of SF's life, those were unaffectionately referred to as band-aid colored shoes.
Posted by Nobleprofessor: I have no idea what to get my ThiftChristmas person. For those that have done this before, do you just guess about what they might like or send them something that can flip? Suggestions: Perhaps look at all of the persons posts and see what they comment on? Punt and send ties?
I tried that. Not much help. I'll keep searching his posts.
@Mr G from SD what size are those Jordan's? Gift exchange? my dude is gonna Thank the Thrift Gods............:stirpot:
Anyone else 'advanced searching' their gift exchange person looking for clues as to what they want? This is awesome.
Yep...and this is as good a time as any for one more reminder to UPDATE YOUR DANG PROFILES WITH YOUR SIZES AND WANTS, GUYS!!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time in a different era of SF's life, those were unaffectionately referred to as band-aid colored shoes.

Yep...and this is as good a time as any for one more reminder to

UPDATE YOUR DANG PROFILES WITH YOUR SIZES AND WANTS, GUYS!!

No ****... I had to search through about the last 500 posts just to piece together a basic idea of size. Hopefully the stuff fits.

borbor

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder rofl.

Did the digging but not sure if it'll fit whomever I drew for the exchange :(

PantherPatrol

Reaction score

A few more things from earlier this week... REI Midweight Fleece (Large)
I find these '90s REI fleeces everywhere in the Pacific Northwest. Worth picking up? Flippable? For the most part I've thought of them to be kind of a bad transitionary period between the great `70s-era technical clothing and the modern stuff.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find these '90s REI fleeces everywhere in the Pacific Northwest.

Worth picking up? Flippable? For the most part I've thought of them to be kind of a bad transitionary period between the great `70s-era technical clothing and the modern stuff.

I kind of like them... They remind me of the time when I worked at REI (95-97) with the THAW numbers and color codes. They were generally well made, and hold up reasonably well. The fit leaves something to be desired. By the way, my mannequin is a 1990s REI model. I think the newer ones they have in stores are stick figures like the hipsters they're trying to sell to these days.

They don't sell for much, but if you can get them super cheap and they're in excellent condition, I'd pick them up. Also, the print patterns are desired by some (see the first of the two Sequel fleeces I posted above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads