• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubs

Reaction score

Somehow landed two pairs of Arc'Teryx bibs that fit my wife and I.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where you at?

Edit: if that's anywhere in south Florida you're allowed to drink scotch in the morning also with no shame what so ever

Are you staying at the Grand Budapest Hotel?!

Hahaha! Don Cesar on St. Pete Beach.

Just got back from a store named McB's downtown - mens consignment. The dude is hiring for daytime, and also possibly looking for someone to measure & photo etc for ebay. He has some sick items in stock including an amazing Brioni leather coat with fur collar, some Bijan, Kiton etc. If you're in the area, check it out - he does work on the price for some stuff.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost thrifted fit

T shirt, buzzricksons, 40% off.
Shirt, tellason clamp down shirt, grab bag.
Vest, Barbour, traded with Takai.
Jeans, sauce zhan, cheap.
Boots, chip, discount.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoked! One of the wealthiest beach towns in the area is having their annual city-wide garage sale this weekend. Hoping it doesn't get rained out...and that they have some good stuff.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. I feel like I don't post a lot of clues as to what I'm into. Sorry bout that. Basically, I wear casual button down shirts(regular medium/slim large in the standard J Crew/mall sizes)/sweaters/jackets/jeans or slim chinos/boots most of the time. My sweater game is weak right now as some fawking moths ate my favorite two sweaters from last year. Also, I think I'm solidly a 34 waist now so all of my 33 pants are just hanging out until I get ****** back to the gym. If you could find a Beavis & Butthead 'Tommy Pullmyfinger' shirt, I would wear it. I also wear CM stuff and appreciate the hell out of it, i just have less excuses to wear it. I sell stuff on eBay too so if you run out of time, i'm a-okay with some fodder. Hope this helps if you were having trouble. NOW YOU BETTER IMPRESS ME. jklol

My details for Thriftmas:
I only wear Vicuna, so nothing short of that will impress me. Just kidding. I don't own anything Vicuna and if I ever find it, I actually hope its not my size, because it would be too hard to part with it!

I wear a 2XL Tall which translates to a 18-181/2 36/37. 50L Suit, 11.5C shoes, although I can go all the way from 11D to 12B. I wear dressy clothes 5 days a week. I recently found a Borreli shirt in my size and its a great shirt and so I have figured out my size in those kind of shirts is 18.5 Long. But, I would be grateful for anything. I wear a 42 waist and about a 33 inseam. But, I would be grateful for anything - -seriously. If someone doesn't want to get clothing, I am always interested in Political stuff as I'm a history buff. I do have a collection of Reagan and Nixon memorabilia, so that would be amazing. But, seriously if I get one Brooks Brothers tie, I'll be grateful! This really is a cool idea. Now, I just wish I discern a little more about my Thriftmasee ( @freehand I like Thriftmasee! Let's hope it catches on!)

shoelover

Reaction score
How can one get involved in "Thriftmas?" Or is it to late?

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it raw? maybe!

teacha.gif

if the color is very intense and uniform and it's scratchy and crisp, then it's most likely raw denim. with raw denim what you're feeling is the sizing - aka starch - that is applied to the warp yarns so that they can survive the tension and abrasion of the weaving process. most denim clothing is constructed of raw fabric and either sold that way or pre washed/faded etc as a finish.

but, some end consumers actually starch their denimz. people still do it but i think it's somewhat more common to see in vintage pieces. so it might just be a starched shacket. if there are fade lines, wash marks, etc but it's also stiff and scratchy then it's likely just been starched by the previous owner.

people used to do interesting things that you really don't see anymore. a pair of 70s redlines i sold had these creases ironed in at one point. even tho the creases weren't there, they had these hot fades running down the leg and they really showed off the twist. who creases denimz anymore lol?

Here are some pics. I don't know if it will help to see pics:

shoelover

Reaction score

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I can still get in, send me a link to the rules, etc.
i assume it's too late since everyone got their person already. he might be able to put you on a list in case a few more people sign up late, but I'd think you'll probably just have to wait until next year. click here -> @HansderHund and go through his last 10-20 posts and you should be able to find the rules, etc.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

How can one get involved in "Thriftmas?" Or is it to late?

@HansderHund
 You might be able to squeeze in still. 

i assume it's too late since everyone got their person already. he might be able to put you on a list in case a few more people sign up late, but I'd think you'll probably just have to wait until next year. click here -> @HansderHund
 and go through his last 10-20 posts and you should be able to find the rules, etc.

Unfortunately, @My Main Man is right, it's a bit too late this year as all of the names have been drawn and sent out. I think there is a parallel gift exchange running, but I'm not sure who organized that one.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take anything and cherish it. Somethings I always need:
Wool ties
Wool Pocket squares
Braces
Light to mid gray flannel flat fronts in a 36 (with room) or 38.
Solid blue shirts (some brands that fit me well: BB Slim (not extra) 15.5x34, CT Classic 15x35, Borelli 15.5R
Flannel and Tweed Sport Coats in a 40R

Again, anything I get, I'll love, so don't think of this list as exhaustive or exclusive, and for god's sake don't break your back over this. Make it fun!

UPDATE YOUR DAMNED PROFILE WITH SIZES AND WANTS!!!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was in Vienna today, so not nearly as many employees know me as in my own stomping ground. I carry a rucksack to each store when I visit and I normally say hello to whoever is working, even if it's busy, and then ask to set my bag by the counter while I look around as the aisles are cramped. Most have no problem accommodating this. I walked into a store today, said "Grüß Gott! Do you mind if I set my bag here?" She was pretty annoyed with it and said "It will be in my way, find a better place to set it." I found a better place and left it.

As I was checking out, they had a bunch of leather gloves in a basket on the counter. I picked one pair out and they were nearly too small, so they were perfect. As I was trying them on, she said "they're €5. They're great for driving."

Without skipping a beat, I said "...or killing a man" and waited a few second before I made eye contact with a sociopathic smirk. She went through a range of emotions while she tried to sort it out in her head. I got them for €3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads