1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. double00

double00 Senior member

People's Republic of Cali. if you're wondering, it was a skinny navy tie with pinup tipping. did not kop lol but i did rub the tag for luck.

2. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

You on the Stella train too Spoo?
    Since there are so many beer lovers here gonna post something cool later

3. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

I think finding that is a little Twilight Zonish!

You didn't kop a pinup tie? I thought those did REALLY well? Was that a fad that has faded?

4. Kazoo

Kazoo Senior member

Thanks Linda! Sad for me, its too long. Staple gray J. Press Pressidential by Martin Greenfield. Seems to be closer to 40r than tagged, havent measured p2p yet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beer talk. Part of my Christmas haul for self lol. A bunch of farmhouse/sours from Jester King in Austin and a smaller brewery in Ohio
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  5. dadjeans

dadjeans Senior member

Gucci Vintage Loafers (US 8 / UK 7.5 / EU 41)
    [​IMG]

Canali
    [​IMG]

Canali
    [​IMG]

RTBOC
    [​IMG]

RTBOC
    [​IMG]

and some other stuff that's off for consignment because I can't take decent pictures:

Brioni
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Caruso for Baldessarini (older and unvented)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    4 people like this.
  6. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

Hey @dadjeans .
    Just so you know, those fall-tone paisley RTBOC do really well on the secondary market. I usually get $50+ for each of them.

2 people like this.
  7. dadjeans

dadjeans Senior member

This is really helpful info! Thanks for the heads-up. [​IMG]

8. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Need to set a day (in the spring/summer) for everyone to rock their Magnums.

2 people like this.
  9. double00

double00 Senior member

I have the black version, just need a tigers cap

10. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Senior member

Just some catch and releases today. Sigh the last three trips out and nothing. Do people buy everything Harley or is there a specific item such as jacket it needs to be.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. winny94

winny94 Senior member

Cross post from buy/sell thread

I could really use some help on behalf of my little brother.

He has some project/presentation for one of his classes somewhere across the country. He needs a suit, and doesn't wear the same size as me or he could just borrow.I'm hoping someone has something they can part with on the cheap or proxy.

If interested in helping me out, he needs a 46R with a 6-8" drop (his chest measures 45.5"). Ideally id like to find him a double vent, 2-button, gray, blue, or charcoal solid or subtle pattern suit with single pleated trousers, but beggars can't be choosers.

He doesn't need a high end maker, just something like Hart Schaffner Marx, Southwick, those nice local tailors that don't flip well, etc.

If you're not interested in letting something go cheap, or its not worth your time to proxy, I do have a nice Samuelson cashmere gray herringbone sport coat (sz 42) I can trade.

Please let me know if you have something that may work, thanks so much!

12. vexco

vexco Senior member

Hit Charlotte today. Some stuffs. All available.

Arc'teryx half-zip pullover. Size XL

[​IMG]

Aquascutum Aqua 5 with zip-out liner. Probably a 38-40.

[​IMG]

Vintage Woolrich buffalo plaid hunting jacket type deal. Size 38.

[​IMG]

From top left to bottom: VV Whale shirt(Large), pink Zegna standard cuff(16), New England Shirt Co chambray(small or medium), Filson short-sleeve shirt(Large), Theory purple gingham check(Large)

[​IMG]

Top to bottom: Incotex chinolino(36), Incotex 100% linen(34), Incotex brown super 120's(34), Zanella unicorns(34)

[​IMG]

Corneliani silk/wool SC. Patch pockets and shit. EU50. Couple of stains I need to have removed but worth it for what I paid.

[​IMG]

Burberry London shawl/scarf frilly type shit? I don't know. 90% merino wool/10% cash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Incotex jeans(HA!) size 34.

[​IMG]

Burberry London SC. Dual vents, 42L.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  13. vexco

vexco Senior member

Harley shirts printed by 3d emblem are the big ticket ones.

1 person likes this.
  14. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I thrifted twice in Vegas - once only hitting a couple shops with no luck, and another time with a rental car for most of the day and only found 2 or 3 things worth picking up. I did hit the thrifts out by the wealthier neighborhoods as well as others scattered around Vegas proper, and I'd never attempt thrifting there again. Both times were a waste of time, gas, money and energy. I mean, if you have absolutely nothing else that interests you and you want to kill some time, sure - go for it.
    I'd rather:
    • Go take another tour of the Neon Boneyard (I've taken 7 tours now and would go back in a heartbeat).
    • Head out to Hoover Dam and take one of the insider tours where you get to go inside, and drive through Boulder City on the way back.
    • Get crunked on Fremont Street.
    • Take in all the kitchy sights in Vegas - Peppermill / Fireside, Dino's Lounge, etc.

Farking reindeer? That's nuts. Remember to nomnom yourself for the 2016 cheapies, because, yes, it would be too late for the 2015's...

Pabst or Schlitz if I'm just gonna kill a few cells...but I'll splurge on a fine beer if I want to be celebratory. There is (was?) a bar in Chicago when I lived there that had a "Beers of the world" club, and you'd get a punch on a card for every new beer you tried and you'd get a t-shirt when you filled the card. I had 4, maybe 5 of the stupid shirts.

Cracked open the Glenlivet XXV last night and had a few fingers...damn that shit's good, but not for everyday drinkin'.

Might depend on the tie / image. I had one that was straight-up 1980's era Hustler / Cheri / Oui, very graphic and hairy, and it sold for a ton. Another I had was more 50's topless pin-up but still a nudie and it didn't do so hot.

1 person likes this.
  15. suited

suited Senior member

If you live in or near Nashville PM me.

16. Edmonton

Edmonton Well-Known Member

Not common in the Great White North. Happy to proxy if someone wants it .
    [​IMG][/IMG]

EDIT: Ah fudge. I thought I uploaded two photos from my phone but must have overwritten the first with this second, and I've deleted the originals already. Sorry. :embar:

EDIT2: Just found another on the 'bay, different size but same pattern & patches. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Okay boys I promised some awesomeness...
    Sorry if its too many pics but im on my phone.i will break it up into sections.
    First how about this bad boy.weighs a ton.
    ChetB or 330 any ideas on maker.I know ive seen these before just cant place it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Best part...

[​IMG]

27 people like this.
  18. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

First finds of the new year

[​IMG]

NWT sophnet x4, uniform experiment and deluxe

13 people like this.
  19. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Vintage telescope tripod (i think?) Which im gonna make into a lamp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

SHIT that would be so good in my store.