• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PMed!!!

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** fuckfuck **** **** **** **** **** ****!!!

This is my grail item!

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bears/item/sugarcane-sc13135/
my bad got 100 items to pack I was busy getting to it my daughter decided she wanted to stay up and watch cartoons and I coudnt say no. Pm sent

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on price too obviously. I ******* love glasses. They're basically all .49 or .99 cents here so the margins are ridiculous.

Jompso is right though, modern frames are a legit joke. Walk into a store in the mall or whatever and look at the prices. All that **** is basically made in the same ******* place and the prices are hilarious for what they are. The vintage stuff brings really good money because the market would rather pay for the older stuff made in house and then have lenses made than buy new frames with little intrinsic value.

Love those Carreras btw. Nice haul!
This all rings true but the additional appeal is the investment, rarity, and exclusivity....the longer and longer time goes by the more and more the vintage frames will be falling by the wayside, damage, breaking, getting tossed, lost, etc... so they do nothing but appreciate with time if maintained and taken care of. They are wearable, tangible, investments, and what is being produced by Safilo and Luxxotica is plastic they call acetate, designer frames that cost less then 2 bucks to make, no detailing or craftsmanship, no makers marks or designer quirks that bring value, It just a bunch of glasses made of the same ******* materials just designed differently....the guccis may cost you 300 the SLPs maybe 350, but the Anne Kleins will only run ya 20 and they all share the same thing in common, they possess the same quality and lack any form of true craftsmanship. They're garbage and some of the biggest ******* rackets in the industry.

It killed me when Oliver Peoples went that route, I still love the frames but i truly thought they would hold out and stay true and keep production in Japan...but I guess everyone has their price....the only current Sunglass company I would vouch 100% for and are true works of art, are Dita. Those glasses are ******* gorgeous are amazingly crafted...but in general, the industry has sold out and is dying...just another factor adding to the value of vintage.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks dude!

That's good food for thought there, I really appreciate it. Wasn't so sure on the stuff like the RLs and Ferragamo frames. Paul Smiths are both Japan, for sure. Was kinda branching out into other stuff to pick up, definitely fun to learn the ins and outs of everything else! I'm sure some of these and others I've got in the backlog yet are going to be less than stellar successes, some fails I'm sure, as should be expected when trying new stuff.

Good info like that makes it better for the next run!

This all rings true but the additional appeal is the investment, rarity, and exclusivity....the longer and longer time goes by the more and more the vintage frames will be falling by the wayside, damage, breaking, getting tossed, lost, etc... so they do nothing but appreciate with time if maintained and taken care of. They are wearable, tangible, investments, and what is being produced by Safilo and Luxxotica is plastic they call acetate, designer frames that cost less then 2 bucks to make, no detailing or craftsmanship, no makers marks or designer quirks that bring value, It just a bunch of glasses made of the same ******* materials just designed differently....the guccis may cost you 300 the SLPs maybe 350, but the Anne Kleins will only run ya 20 and they all share the same thing in common, they possess the same quality and lack any form of true craftsmanship. They're garbage and some of the biggest ******* rackets in the industry.

It killed me when Oliver Peoples went that route, I still love the frames but i truly thought they would hold out and stay true and keep production in Japan...but I guess everyone has their price....the only current Sunglass company I would vouch 100% for and are true works of art, are Dita. Those glasses are ******* gorgeous are amazingly crafted...but in general, the industry has sold out and is dying...just another factor adding to the value of vintage.
I had a small collection of decent stuff at one point, I'm taklin like a handful maybe 5 or 7 or something, I don't know cuz they have all been sent to Spoo because after a week of spending money on vintage frames at shops, I employed 2 of some of the most principle and basic rules of thrifting, if you don't know what your buying, dont ******* buy it, and if you're running a business, stay true to your business and your inventory, let growth come organically, don't come to a rash decision you wanna do something and suddenly implement it, eradic behavior like this gets no followers....

@SpooPoker may get a lot, but these? naw, these Ima hold onto, forever. Impossible to find info on them, they are so rare and old, but i recall reading they could possibly date back to the 50s however design wise, I don't really see that...anyways, frames like this, designs like this, craftsmanship and bronze work just on the arms that detalied like this? That ship has sailed...completely deadstock, notice none of the inner writing is worn even in the slightist, the frames are molded antique bronze metal. When you ask for that glasses bin, these are the types of **** you wanna see starin ya back... (and this is in no way me making even the slightest attempt at a "thrift rebuttal" or "I have a rebuttall for what you spent countless hours and hard earned money on to get and are happy and proud to share"... just sharin the pair that are the foundation of the vintage collection that is slowly growing. Won't ever sell any of them ever and only goin premium, but being able to hold pieces like this, iconic pieces from famous design houses, true pieces of history, that's the **** I love.... the hunt is fun too when your at the right spots and the finds are epic....with that, I bring you my..

ORIGINAL Fendi Zodiacs in pure Antiqued Bronze, made in Italy ..... it took a lot of ******* man hours and skilled work to be able to do what was done here, I mean each Zodiac sign has been perfectly engraved in the arms from bronze while some even have a distinct FF logo too, as does the bridge, adorning three (they aren't faded just shadowed)

Definitely don't have your selection and quantity (partly due to my unload to Spoo), but ******* comin up on these was pretty awesome.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jomspro.....I am pretty certain that is '80's North Face.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jomspro.....I am pretty certain that is '80's North Face.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another freebie, not nearly as nice as your's Spoo (looks like the legs were replaced at some point :mad: ) But not bad for a side of the road find.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another freebie, not nearly as nice as your's Spoo (looks like the legs were replaced at some point
mad.gif
) But not bad for a side of the road find.

I see these quite a bit at estate sales. But, most of them are either torn up, faded beyond easy repair or priced VERY high.

Funny thing is many of the ones I find are blue. I have yet to find a black one or one in this beautiful color! This just makes me want to look for them even more!

Doomsticks

Reaction score
Sooo, just a preview but just bought 4 pair of bespoke boots from the forties by some unknown swedish shoemaker. Well I found six pair but they refused to sell them all to me due to unfair, others need shoes too. 35 $ for all of them so Im happy. Oh and they are my size, and fantastic.

joshmick

Reaction score
Been finding a lot of good cds lately.
Does anyone here listen to the Maron podcast? I thought it was funny that, a few months ago, he was interviewing Mike Watt, who was talking about his anal cysts and other very gross stuff and the following episode after that was his interview with Obama. Quite the transition...

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sooo, just a preview but just bought 4 pair of bespoke boots from the forties by some unknown swedish shoemaker. Well I found six pair but they refused to sell them all to me due to unfair, others need shoes too. 35 $ for all of them so Im happy. Oh and they are my size, and fantastic.

Need......better......pics...... :nodding:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone here listen to the Maron podcast? I thought it was funny that, a few months ago, he was interviewing Mike Watt, who was talking about his anal cysts and other very gross stuff and the following episode after that was his interview with Obama. Quite the transition...

I've listened here and there when the guest is of interest. He did a Keith Richards one recently that was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads