• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some nice stuff on this page....

colorvision

Reaction score
EXACT SAME THING happened to me today. Picked up a Filson Westlake jacket and love the fitment.
Nearly same thing happened to me yesterday, except the un-needed jacket was Hickey Freeman, alpaca-lined and goat. It's now in the trunk of my car/closet #2.

va230815

Reaction score
A few things

E thrifts:

Brioni houndstooth 100% wool
Brioni houndstooth windowpane 85/15 wool/cash
available for the right trade

Both tagged 54/44

Oxxford 43 suit

Then decided to make a quick stop at a store

1 button peak lapel tux made by I believe Giorgios of Beverly Hills (It was the same size and markings as the other suit jackets listed as Giorgios)

At first I couldnt read it, but it looked like a thing
Raquel Allegra moto style cropped wimmenz
Angora/leather

And then the prize of the day

Lone Pine 100% leather, very heavy
60/20/20 wool/poly/cash lining, this thing is amazing, knew it as soon as I picked it up off the rack that this was a thing
size 42

Not pictured: Hugo Boss peak lapel suit 42L, blazer/sc 46R, germ guardian air purifier for myself

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Lone Pine is awesome stuff. Had a leather jacket from them once and it was amazing. Really expensive too. You scored on that one.

Stuff from today.

Tori Richard w/ Target logo

Is this the Hilfiger I'm looking for?

I like seeing this.

Never heard of em but took a gamble at $1.99

What's in the dovetailed box?

Interapid dial indicator. Sure, I'll take it.

Best find of the day? Vintage Filson ligther-weight Mackinaw. Fabric reminds me of an old WWII army jacket I had. No idea how old it is. I'm gonna send some pics to Filson and see if they can date it for me. Had a Sinclair receipt in the pocket from 1983. Fits me perfectly, totally N/A

FU Goodwill for writing a price code on the label. :fu:

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And some more grail... I knew what this was before I touched it. 60/40 down parka!
:drool:
The thrifts they've been good. Last two week especially!
Alden Missed a pair of Zegnas in my haste to get the picture taken Savile Row Suit
Jackets - Oxxford baby cashmere, Kiton, Kiton cashmere
Wow!!! Brioni shearling?? True thrift? Holy crap....

Last edited:

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

I'm not sure if there is such as thing as Semi Thriftening, but that might describe my trip to the estate sale. BUT, I am going back this afternoon. Mostly, because they had a CAMERA ROOM. Seriously. And Most of it was underwater camera equipment. Take a look at this:
These pictures show about half of the camera equipment in the house. My wife bought a tripod. Just a tripod for $20. They retail for $1300 and sell on ebay for $500-700. So, perhaps when I go back to the sale, I'll have the thriftening in full force. I definitely had it in part. Here is a group shot of the stuff so far: If you are interested in wine or wine glasses, you'll know what kind of a find these are because they are made by Riedel (and there are 26 glasses). More to come later. Plus, I need to report on the mini thriftcation/ anniversary in Oklahoma City this past weekend. The thrifting was okay. But, we were excited to get the day started each day with this:
WAFFLE HOUSE!
Tell me there were pecans in those waffles!

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread en fueco.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy fuckin ****.
Well, time for me to post last weekend's AE haul. Not true thrift. Somewhere between true thrift and consignment. Either way, too much fun! None of this stuff is available right now. It will be used to fund a family vacation. Considering my backlog, I promise to have everything listed by this time next year (even that is an ambitious goal). Without further delay, I give you some Alabama discount pron. Everything is either NWT or NIB. AE ties (shitloads of them... this is about 40 of them) AE belts (all first quality... including many Manistees) And what is an AE party without shoes??? Spoilered to prevent mobile crashing)
Lexington 10.5D Bourbon Clifton 9.5 3E Black Carlyle 12 3E Black Holiday (Webgem) 9.5D Green/Red Patriot 10D Burgundy Carson City 9D Black Macneil 8D Black Custom Calf McTavish 9D Khaki Central Park 10.5D Black (Suede & Calf) Rush Street 12D Golden Brown Chromexcel Lexington 11D Black Clifton 10.5D Walnut Kiowa 9.5D Brown Hancock 10B Black Knightsbridge 10D Black Wilbert 9.5D Golden Brown Chromexcel Lexington 13E Brown Player's Shoe 10.5 3E Sand Suede Cavanaugh 7D Stone Suede Lexington 11D Black Bellevue 10.5D Chili McTavish 13D Khaki Kiowa 9D Brown Grain Quinton 7E Bitter Chocolate Suede AE for Brooks Brothers Westchester 7.5D Black Neumok 8D Blue McGregor 9.5D Stone Suede AE for Brooks Brothers Shaker Heights 11D Brown McTavish 10.5D Khaki Fifth Avenue 11D Black Neumok 10.5D Orange/Black (any Bengals fans out there) Park Avenue 11.5E Brown McGregor 9.5D Stone Suede Jermyn 8.5D Brown (3 pairs of these) Neumok 8.5D Blue Clifton 15D Black (I knew that I would finally get to use my XXL shoe trees!) Kiowa 14D Brown Grain AE for Brooks Brothers Macneil 10.5D Black Grain Neumok 11D Brown / White Larchmont 10.5D Tan Grayson 10D Black Suede (custom order and very awesome) AE for Brooks Brothers Westchester 9.5D Black Norwich 10.5 3E Brown McTavish 10D Khaki Neumok MLB (St. Louis Cardinal spectators) 10E Red / White AE for Brooks Brothers Shaker Heights 9.5D Brown Shelton 10.5D Tan Saddle AE for Brooks Brothers Westchester 12D Black Carson City 11D Black McTavish 12D Khaki (I didn't realize that I had so many of these) AE for Brooks Brothers Macneil 13D Black Grain Eagle River 10E Oxblood AE for Brooks Brothers Warwick 11.5D Walnut Burnished Neumok 11D Antique Red / Black AE for Brooks Brothers 12D Walnut Burnished Neumok 7D Red / Black AE for Brooks Brothers Presidio 8.5D Brown

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best find of the day? Vintage Filson ligther-weight Mackinaw.

FU Goodwill for writing a price code on the label.
ffffuuuu.gif

What you have here is known as a "Forestry Cloth Cruiser". This fabric was available from 1922 - 1989. It was discontinued.... briefly brought back in 2012, and then discontinued again.

I once scored one in my size from Value Village for $5.99. Really nice coat, when it's not THAT warm out but you want a nice filson coat. Good score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads