• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrong Crowd

Reaction score
Three mainline Zegna shirts, size L, and one Eton, size 42. To be thrown into the box of to-be-consigned stuff. All in minty condition.

Short-sleeve Arc'teryx in my size just in time for it to not be short-sleeve weather anymore.

Is this Cantarelli, or do they just make RLPL suits?

When selling to Buffalo Exchange I usually opt for store credit instead of the lower cash payout. They had a two Billy Reid shirts, but this one I really wanted.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got something for myself

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, Seiko and Cartier from same store in separate bundled jewelry bags tonight. Rolex from different store yesterday. Don't think anyone would fake a Seiko 5 Automatic, the other two I'm still working on authenticity checking.
Interesting my, the Rolex passes all checks so far with the exception of the serial number and design number under the band areas appears to have been intentionally sanded off. Still seems to be signs of having been engraved/etched. So either it was stolen and their tried removing identifying info or its a fake and was removed for whatever reason. Guess a dealer will have a better idea when cracked open.

Cartier I know nothing about yet but that's because I got it a half hour ago. Going to research it more but it appears similar to ones listed on various sites as authentic.

cz606

Reaction score
Actually been having a good few weeks (for me) recently. Have a number of "typical" items to post, but thought the following were fairly interesting.

I think these are bowling shoes from the 80's, though am not positive. Don't appear to have been used much and did appear to have a market. I believe they are size 11.5.

I watched a couple Round 2 videos last night so couldn't help but buy a Tommy. This looked interesting to me, but I don't really know if it is what everyone is after. Any thrift pros have tips on how to get the "6-" to erase from the tag on the second picture? My attempt was unsuccessful.

Finally some ties that came in as part of e-thrifts. Hadn't seen Leonards before and really like them. Don't see myself wearing them to the office, but am hanging on to them for now. Had certainly heard of Drakes, but included them because I doubt I will ever wear them. They are available.

Thanks for all the great posts, guys. I really enjoy this thread.

jumpman1231

Reaction score
to be clear, and I hope @HansderHund and Wes are taking the helm again this year (touches nose, says not it), the TT SS will be our own entity, though if you guys want to sign up for the main one as well :

Barely missed out on this last year and excited for this years when does it usually start taking shape again?

Last edited:

Odradek

Reaction score
This morning I came across a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes that appeared to be CG.
The model name is Dundas 3 and they are a mid-brown colour.

On the sole they are stamped "Hand Curried Leather".

Are they worth buying to flip?
I'd normally snap up C&J, but these ones look CG and this store has recently jacked up all their prices. They're asking £40 for these shoes.

Also spotted a very nice Grieves and Hawkes double breasted overcoat there, so might be going back.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This morning I came across a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes that appeared to be CG.
The model name is Dundas 3 and they are a mid-brown colour.

On the sole they are stamped "Hand Curried Leather".

Are they worth buying to flip?
I'd normally snap up C&J, but these ones look CG and this store has recently jacked up all their prices. They're asking £40 for these shoes.

Also spotted a very nice Grieves and Hawkes double breasted overcoat there, so might be going back.

£40 seems steep but I assume you've tried searching completed listings? Margins might be tight on that. Maybe it would be worth it if they are for personal use.

Odradek

Reaction score

£40 seems steep but I assume you've tried searching completed listings? Margins might be tight on that. Maybe it would be worth it if they are for personal use.

Yes.
Not my size and the profit would probably be minimal.
Not the most attractive shoes either.

oreagan

Reaction score
PRL Made in Italy is a thing, right?

I usually skip Pink, but this was minty and "Superfine 2-fold 170s," thought worth a try

Filson pants in near-mint condition, despite having moved from West to East coast!

Finally, a really soft Scottish cashmere sweater-vest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads