• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoofit

Reaction score
^^^^^ Are those suits & jackets all the same size? If so what size?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The answer is always yes if you're happy with your purchase. If it fits and you like it, then absolutely.

Thanks. I'm very happy that I'm not naked so to speak. I guess what I meant was: is $15 absurdly low or about right for a used suit from that maker/line. I'm thinking its about right.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
price is not a function of quality. that's the essence of thrifting.

in my neck of the woods i expect to pay $25 for a suit regardless if it's alfani or brioni. if you like the suit you did just fine.

ClosetEvolution

Reaction score
@drlivingston
Oh, I keep looking! And I find a quality piece from time to time, but I don't think there are more than 5 Kiton suits in my town (I know the wealthy people and they don't dress the part). That said, it just makes the occasional find that much more exciting.

As for the comparison to you thrifting demigods, I was referring to the the quantity in which you find scores. Next time SWMBO is out of town for a weekend, I plan on putting in some drive time on the off chance that I get lucky in greener pastures.

And thanks all for the posts! I continue to learn and be inspired by your good fortune!

Last edited:

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is not the proper attitude. I have walked into thrift stores and walked out with nothing. On the other hand, I have walked into thrift stores in the poorest section of town and come out with over $60,000 retail in ties and other items. There are wealthy people in your town. I don't even know what town you live in, but I can assure you that they are there. Eventually they die and their relatives get rid of ****. It is more about being in the right place at the right time. @SpooPoker
 makes this **** look easy because he has mastered the art of hustling. You can opt to rely just on thrift store finds or you can hit yard sales, church rummage sales, and estate sales. Be encouraged by the hauls of others. If you put in the time, you will eventually be posting brags on the daily.

I think that's half true. I live in the Rust Belt and have found Brioni, Hermes, Lobb, etc. But that was over many years of hitting thrifts, estate sales, CL and I estimate I probably walk out with nothing about 19 of 20 times. I don't mean I walk out with just fodder or personal use stuff, I mean nothing. I'm not saying the guys who pull in the big hauls don't have hustle, 'cause I know they do. I'm saying there are some areas of the country that are far, far, far more fertile than others.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, here's the quick and dirty on the rest....

Rain in the AM, plus wool clothing in plastic bags, plus 95 degrees all afternoon = I have a lot of steaming to do this weekend.

Hanover Shell, Fugly Argentinian Loafers (alligator), AE monks, bally Loafers
Minty Alden for BB, AE Hillcrest, AE Loafers

Catherine Zadeh Alligator Belt with Sterling buckle

Anonymous Custom Cream, Linen Suit

Not marked, but I'm 99% sure its cashmere

I forget...Corneilani, Paul Stuart

Is this 1960's? Anyone know?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, wait....I forgot something.

Pop! My first real Hermes scarf, (that hasn't been turned into a sport coat lining). Went through at least 7 fakes (some good, some really bad) over the last 6 years to get to this one.

"Les Pies" by Xavier de Poret - 1950. They say his scarves are the most rare.

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brand ive been looking for just not the model dang.

effay

Reaction score
The cut is somewhat dated (or conservative, whatever floats your boat). Take that thing to the closest tailor and see what he can do with it. It looks like its in great condition.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are some nice made to measure sport jackets and a suit down at the GW. The owner sliced his name out of the lining patch on the inner pocket but the patch has a logo "Fred". I haven't found anything on the net for a clue but these are very nice pieces which I have not picked up. I found the name of the owner inside one of the pockets...I know him and these are certainly upscale pieces that he would purchase.
Can get pics...but does "Fred" ring a bell with anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads