• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

winny94

Reaction score

Lol genius took the lowest one he could find.how about you post the other ones.
How about we make a bet.if Brian cant get at least 800 for this i will leave and never come back.
But if he does you pack your bags shut up and never post here again.
i wasnt gonna comment on your morning LV brag but since you like a good **** on parade.
You basically bragged that you paid OVER asking.you.OVER.PAID.
For what a dingy 80's garment bag.
Now im gonna guess they were asking a certain number.you must have doubled it or tripled even.you wanna know why they accepted,because they saw a sucker from a mile away.
Ive been to estate sales.i know the pricing i know the drill.
Now i know youre gonna try to puff out your chest at me and come at me hard.dont.

Edit: just to add.where and when did i say i found 11k?
I said i found an 11K coat.nowhere did i say thats what Iam expecting or even a tenth of that.
You are an embarassment.
Youre like the Kanye of thrifting.short on talent long on yapping with delusions of grandeur.thats what im gonna call you from now on, Janye

To be fair, you did say "worth 11k usd". It's worth $400-$800.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing awesome, but a few good vintage finds: 1982 vintage Marmot, vintage Bean Irish Fisherman sweater, couple of vintage Woolrich MIUSA flannel shackets

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted any finds in a while, but I found this recently. Yay for me!

Holy ****! I yelled when i saw this!

This was at a completely different store! Reversible with a leather collar! Yay for me again! On my phone so I can't spoiler, or at least I do t know how to.

ISAIA? NEED DEETZ!

hit a new spot today!

You know art? What is this?

Big shout out to my boy, @takai for an excellent trade!

Look at this heart felt notes! Love the penmanship, bros!

Love this reversible Tender vest! Been looking for a wool vest since I out grew my Filsons.

Love this vintage Hanes!

Tenderfuckingloin!!!

Last edited:

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@woofa ^^

All my peekaboo's go to SPOO. He is of depraved character and seems to enjoy such things. I think he is planning on wallpapering his office with them!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this is still there... its 50 clams. They'll take 30 for it, is this worth it?

inb4 eBay thread.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
When you come across an estate sale that is actually a private collection along with new items hosted by buyers, you stumbled across a score. When you find out that all that awesome *********** photos is going on display this weekend you get pumped. When you find out this weekend is by appointment only and is booked solid and reserved strictly for high end collectors and their best personal clients, you get bummed. Knowing the good **** will be gone when it's open to public next weekend leaves you with no option but to get in there this weekend somehow. Judging by inventory, you conclude Barneys reps are involved, you text the barneys rep whose number you have to confirm. Confirmed. You then tell them to tell the owner of the item you want, you'll pay over asking via paypal transfer site unseen immediately if they will sell it to you that day. You pay and you pick the item up that night. And that's how you get **** done, and **** over a **** load of appointment making, eager collectors and buyers in the process. Sorry but I'm not sorry.

Vtg 1980s Giant LV Garment/Travel Bag. Excellent Vintage condition. some superficial marks and the tan leather definitely needs a cleaning, but no staining and just natural leather patina, no distressing. Most notably and important however, every single piece of hardware, zipper toggle, rivet clasp, handle, clip, are all pristine and attached. Not bad a bad pickup for Thursday night past 9 oclock.

Lol genius took the lowest one he could find.how about you post the other ones.
How about we make a bet.if Brian cant get at least 800 for this i will leave and never come back.
But if he does you pack your bags shut up and never post here again.
i wasnt gonna comment on your morning LV brag but since you like a good **** on parade.
You basically bragged that you paid OVER asking.you.OVER.PAID.
For what a dingy 80's garment bag.
Now im gonna guess they were asking a certain number.you must have doubled it or tripled even.you wanna know why they accepted,because they saw a sucker from a mile away.
Ive been to estate sales.i know the pricing i know the drill.
Now i know youre gonna try to puff out your chest at me and come at me hard.dont.

Edit: just to add.where and when did i say i found 11k?
I said i found an 11K coat.nowhere did i say thats what Iam expecting or even a tenth of that.
You are an embarassment.
Youre like the Kanye of thrifting.short on talent long on yapping with delusions of grandeur.thats what im gonna call you from now on, Janye
Guys, Guise!!, no need to fight. i have one of these near my house. prolly at a somewhat similar, if not lower price.

oh wait, it's newer..... in fact close to mint. so there's plenty to go around.
wink.gif

do the dollar conversion, weigh that against the retail, and tell me if you think it's at a % you could live with....

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
so, a BIG HUGE THANKS to @troika and @barrelntrigger for the surprise swag. including some Faconnable boots, and a team signed san hose sharks jersey.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
amongst other Thriftness. here is a fit to show my appreciation, and in a thrift store run..

@troika sent me these size 11 Nike Flights, which anchored the fit.
Jeans: Neighborhood -thrift
shirt: Norton - thrift
hoody: WRC rally merch -special deal = cheap
Vest: Momotaro - thrift
Bape Leather:thrift
Cap: Alife X new era - trying on, passed, kopped a nicer one........

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

so, a [COLOR=0000FF]BIG HUGE THANKS to [/COLOR]@troika and @barrelntrigger for the surprise swag. including some Faconnable boots, and a team signed san hose sharks jersey.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
amongst other Thriftness. here is a fit to show my appreciation, and in a thrift store run.. @troika sent me these size 11 Nike Flights, which anchored the fit. Jeans: Neighborhood -thrift shirt: Norton - thrift hoody: WRC rally merch -special deal = cheap Vest: Momotaro - thrift Bape Leather:thrift Cap: Alife X new era - trying on, passed, kopped a nicer one........
put the phone down and kop that Schott in the mirror!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads