• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashae

Reaction score
I recently grabbed a Pendleton Western Wear vest, did okay. I tried wearing it myself and wasn't quite my steez tho :)

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exception: jackets and coats made from their blanket fabric.
Agree with this. If you find any of their cruiser jackets, pick it up without hesitation. Sold a damaged one for $140 last year.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colorful blankets, especially any of the "Indian blanket" designs - okay, basically anything that isn't a solid color - are worth picking up to flip. (And yes, Pendleton does (or has) make solid-color wool blankets. I carry one in my van for when I'm stuck at the kids' co-op and I need a nap.) Throws are worth picking up, IMO, if they're under $10 and in excellent condition; ponchos are like grail finds. Other Pendleton items have really never moved for me, although there are vintage jackets that do well. In my area, vaguely vintage Pendleton plaid items are pretty much everywhere in the thrifts, and I leave them where they hang.

Exception: jackets and coats made from their blanket fabric. Also purses, bags, and totes. Always worth grabbing.

Some of their Indian or historic/re-issue blankets are so gorgeous, you could be tempted to go out in public just wrapped in one. Okay, not exactly stylish, but you'd get all kinds of attention, and I bet most of it would still be positive (until the police showed up).

Agree with this. If you find any of their cruiser jackets, pick it up without hesitation. Sold a damaged one for $140 last year.

****, I'd sell Board Shirts all day every day if I could get my hands on enough of them...

Chotii

Reaction score
****, I'd sell Board Shirts all day every day if I could get my hands on enough of them...

I guess I wouldn't know a Board Shirt if I saw one. What makes it a Board Shirt?

Regardless, even shrunk-to-hell or moth-riddled Pendleton *men's* shirts here still get priced into the stratosphere. It's the Miss Pendleton and Pendleton wool skirt suits and women's blazers that we have in profusion. And as I say, I leave them hanging. I do find all kinds of Pendleton throws and blankets, though. Even baby blankets. It seems to be a niche that local non-flippers just don't look at much. Only problem is storage - blankets are very bulky.

Last edited:

sashae

Reaction score
Oh random question for Filson heads. I picked up a double mackinaw jacket for self use, and the sleeves are seemingly relatively short -- like 23-24" maybe? Is that normal? I have long-ish arms (like 25.5") so it's a bit odd, I'd figure the jacket would cover up to the wrists for warmth.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Work has been sucking out my very soul lately, so I have a few things to post this weekend. Thanks to everyone that's been posting, it's a nice distraction reading along. If I owe you a PM, I'll do my best to read them this weekend!

In the meantime, and thoroughly not thrift related, I got one of these emails this week. I forgot they existed:

I decided to respond. You can follow the chat in the spoiler. My question, though, is where should I take this? I'd love to somehow get them to send me something small, though that's unlikely. Any ideas? Sort of a "you choose the ending" story.

Last edited:

Chotii

Reaction score
Work has been sucking out my very soul lately, so I have a few things to post this weekend. Thanks to everyone that's been posting, it's a nice distraction reading along. If I owe you a PM, I'll do my best to read them this weekend!

In the meantime, and thoroughly not thrift related, I got one of these emails this week. I forgot they existed:

I decided to respond. You can follow the chat in the spoiler. My question, though, is where should I take this? I'd love to somehow get them to send me something small, though that's unlikely. Any ideas? Sort of a "you choose the ending" story.

I think I would request durable power of attorney. Once they have given you that, you'll talk.

ilikethelights

Reaction score

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that, that was highly amusing. I would probably ask them details about their life to see what kind of stuff would be woven together.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sister calls me today, she lives out of state.

"Im at a thrift store and am looking at a couple suits...One is from France. Yves Saint Laurent but looks pretty old."

I say, "yeah pass on that one."

She continues, "Here's another one. I'm not sure how you pronounce it....K
I...T...O...N.."

KITON

"How much?" I say

The lady who works here is checking for me. I tell her don't act too excited but thats one of the best
in the world.

"$45, the lady says"

"Buy it" I say

"Will send it you ya tomorrow", my wonderful sister says!!!

:slayer:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I wouldn't know a Board Shirt if I saw one. What makes it a Board Shirt?

Regardless, even shrunk-to-hell or moth-riddled Pendleton *men's* shirts here still get priced into the stratosphere. It's the Miss Pendleton and Pendleton wool skirt suits and women's blazers that we have in profusion. And as I say, I leave them hanging. I do find all kinds of Pendleton throws and blankets, though. Even baby blankets. It seems to be a niche that local non-flippers just don't look at much. Only problem is storage - blankets are very bulky.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pendleton+board+shirt

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked this up. I've seen you guys rave on Pendleton so I grabbed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads