• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OolongT

Reaction score
English only at the tables, guys.

This reference makes me miss my previous life as a degenerate gambler.
peepwall[1].gif

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few quick stops while running errands:

Underneath, an anonymous silk dress scarf. On top and both on final markdown at Marshall's: RLPL tie and Black Fleece belt

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

English only at the tables, guys.

I'm planning on touring, and I don't really need 180 gram saddles. Depending on the size id be interested in another exchange, however. Let me know if you come across any modern waterproof Arkels.

Translation: while he appreciates the offer of a lightweight Blake-stitch shoe, his uses will be extended and rigorous, so he'd prefer something with a Norwegian welt. He would, however, be interested in something like LP StormSystem for his gear.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Translation: while he appreciates the offer of a lightweight Blake-stitch shoe, his uses will be extended and rigorous, so he'd prefer something with a Norwegian welt. He would, however, be interested in something like LP StormSystem for his gear.

LOL

Oddly enough, I've used Fizik saddles for most of my long rides. I have an Antares VS now, and a regular Antares as a backup. I find it more comfortable than my office chair for sitting on for hours on end...

rhz5001

Reaction score
LOL

Oddly enough, I've used Fizik saddles for most of my long rides. I have an Antares VS now, and a regular Antares as a backup. I find it more comfortable than my office chair for sitting on for hours on end...
I don't understand how people's asses can handle it. I road from Pittsburgh to Washington DC and my butt was like a Shell Cordovan shoe after capnwes gets done with it.

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To anyone living near college campuses, buy Texas Instrument calculators 84 and up. They sell within minutes to hours 60-90 depending on th condition and model.

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not about cushion, just fitting the form of your butt bones and gooch. Also, you just get used to it. Riding a bike isn't supposed to be like lounging on a temperprdic.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

LOL

I used to have a Carbonio SLR on my mountain bike and it was perfectly comfortable and surprisingly durable. The Brooks Swallow Ti I have on there now is more comfortable, though.

I don't understand how people's asses can handle it. I road from Pittsburgh to Washington DC and my butt was like a Shell Cordovan shoe after capnwes gets done with it. 

Shiny and well-patinated from being rubbed vigorously with cream?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I just learned about a half canvass jacket in real life. For me, sometimes it's hard to feel the canvassing in some jackets. I can usually feel it, but some brands it's a little harder (at least for me) to feel it. On a few of my Oxxford suits, it's easy and obvious, but on some others that I KNOW it is supposed to be canvassed it can be a little harder.

But, I just learned how a half canvass jacket feels. I thrifted a Daniel Cremeiux Suit made by Jack Victor. It has LP and appears to be very well made. As I was getting ready to photograph it, I was straightening out the jacket on the mannequin and as my hand went past the top button, there is a very distinct change in the feeling.
This may not seem like anything big to most. But, I have had an epiphany. I think I can now easily feel the difference between canvassed and not because I can definitely tell where the canvass stops on this one.

I'm so excited now to actually know what the pinch test really feels like!

Sorry if I sound like a noob, this has just been of those things I wasn't sure I had a handle on. But now I do!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those Loakes look like Elephant although that seems rather unlikely...

I think they are bison. I have a few pair of bison shoes and they have texture/grain. Beautiful shoes by the way @huffman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads