1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

He said wearing it out in the rain would do that. This shit isn't raw denim, there is no special way to break in leather. Just wear it and it will break in over time, don't take extra steps like standing in the shower with it, that is ridiculous.
    Do not listen to this fool, shower with your leather. (4-5+6/2+3x2-6+3x2+1)

2. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

He said wearing it out in the rain would do that. This shit isn't raw denim, there is no special way to break in leather. Just wear it and it will break in over time, don't take extra steps like standing in the shower with it, that is ridiculous.
    Ironically when you think about it it is no more or less ridiculous than the shit people do with their jeans.

3. halisray

halisray Senior member

My ribbing/waist area "chilled out" and got a little less huggy after about five days of almost constant wear. but mine is calf.

mmmm calllfffff
    It's starting to, to steal a jeans term, stack on the inside of my elbows, and it's beautiful.

ahhh I cant wait for my calf leather jackettttt coming in a month ~~~

Drew mentioned it as an option to break in / toughen up the lambskin.

thanks!

4. Meis

Meis Senior member

Black lamb bomber came in earlier this week, pretty much spot on. Was surprised to find the ribbing around the waist so tight but other that it's pretty damn sweet. Just debating whether to hot shower with the jacket or not...

Will try post a fit soon.

I have calf but yeah, mine's the same way. It doesn't look like it when its on a hanger... but the bomber (at least the new version) tapers quite a bit. Does seem to be easing up with wear like the other guy said.

Also, wore the whiskey bomber while running errands today- it got complimented at every store I was at.

Related to this - anxiously awaiting new name for TOJ... as when the hot girl at the register asked where I got the jacket I did everything I could to explain how i got it without using the word 'jawnz.'

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

"Tawj" is my go-to when I get asked, but even if they bothered to check they're not going to know what to search for.

6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

~thanks for the memories~ [​IMG] drew get more of this i will send you $650 right now fuck

7. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

~thanks for the memories~

[​IMG]

drew get more of this i will send you $650 right now fuck

isnt the one on B&S around your size?

8. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

Related to this - anxiously awaiting new name for TOJ... as when the hot girl at the register asked where I got the jacket I did everything I could to explain how i got it without using the word 'jawnz.'
    I usually just say it's made to order by some Gook in Korea. Same applies to my ThickasThieves stuff.

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

isnt the one on B&S around your size?
    i really don't want to pay $620 for a jacket measured for someone else, tbh. plus i like the new DR design significantly more
    I usually just say it's made to order by some Gook in Korea. Same applies to my ThickasThieves stuff.
    wtf is wrong with you

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Finally got myself measured twice. Of course, there are some discrepancies with the 2 sets of measurements. So I emailed the pros and hope they can give me the best input. Ready for a brown bomber. [​IMG]

11. halisray

halisray Senior member

Why not say Temple of Jawnz? Quite frankly I think they should keep the name; that is what they have come to be known for. ToJ is original and isn't lame... and people will remember it once they've heard it because it is just different from other brands. I say stick with it.

12. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Come on man, smh

13. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

as when the hot girl at the register asked where I got the jacket I did everything I could to explain how i got it without using the word 'jawnz.'

???

I just say "I got it made to order from a guy/company in Korea."

14. max-t

max-t Senior member

gotta be honest i feel pretty silly saying jawnz out loud. i heard of the word but i grew up in ny and that's never been part of mine or anyones i've known slang vocab. its just awkward to say out loud for me. the coat i got is amazing though, i looked at a $750 peacoat at burberry a few days ago, the toj looked and fit better and it made me even happier with my purchase.

15. Meis

Meis Senior member

???

I just say "I got it made to order from a guy/company in Korea."

thats pretty much exactly what I told her

16. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

in ideal universe, do want: red band collar dr w/ black zips, blistered black moto, whiskey bomber, salt+pepper chesterfield

17. fiasco

fiasco Senior member

Got my murderd out varsity last night. Wasnt expecting it at all. Got home from work around 5 and there was a package just chilling on my bed. Total time from placing my order to having it delivered was less then 3 weeks.

Everything is top notch. I need to save for a bomber, peacoat, then dress shirts and trousers eventually.

18. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Charly is really quick with the email. I sent my initial email earlier this afternoon and we have been communicating back and forth continously since. Top notch customer service.

19. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

Why not say Temple of Jawnz? Quite frankly I think they should keep the name; that is what they have come to be known for. ToJ is original and isn't lame... and people will remember it once they've heard it because it is just different from other brands. I say stick with it.

My favorite response to the "who's it from" question is "the first rule of fight club..." which was posted a couple pages ago i think.

20. max-t

max-t Senior member

My favorite response to the "who's it from" question is "the first rule of fight club..." which was posted a couple pages ago i think.
    you can't say this and expect to be percieved as anything less than the biggest dork on earth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.