• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Fair enough.

If you could only choose one, TOJ2.3 or MA-1?

I can really only afford one of them, but on top of that I don't want to have two black jackets.

It's quite the ***** deciding this ahhhh. Last night was set on 2.3, now leaning back towards MA-1

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ummm both the 2.3 and the MA-1 are discontinued so there's no choice.

If you're only to get one TOJ, the bomber is probably the most versatile. Can be warm probably 3 seasons, casually or more dressed up (though i'm not a fan of dressed up leather), and probably suits most body types best.

plus it's available.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
^thanks for your input Hendrix. Actually someone online has a TOJ2.3 in my size...and another member has a MA-1 in my size.

I'll go check out the bomber you mentioned. I think I'm set back on the 2.3

Tonybag0dohnutz

Reaction score
I just received my Button Downs and they fit perfectly. I haven't been up on the thread in months, but noticed that they are now discontinued. Any plans to bring them back? I had a bunch of oxfords, ginghams, and more plaids in mind. Thanks!

genericman

Reaction score
^+1

I'm feeling some hidden placket dress shirts in aubergine

ma1

Reaction score
The ma1 will never go out of style. Perfectos are trendy right now but have a tendancy to look ridiculous in the wrong context imo. You might not wear it in a year.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
^That's true...plus the MA-1 might be better up here in Vancouver w/ all the rain.

I have two options, both are new 2.3 Doubler riders.

One is a washed lamb, size 45 + 0.5 inches on the back & front body lengths. This one has the hidden buttons/snaps up top, no belt, w/ all regular zippers.
The other 2.3 is unwashed lamb, size 46 with 1 inch added to sleeves + body.
I'm 5'9, 135 pounds, but I'm usually 15lbs heaver than that.

OR with the same amount of $$ spent basically...

I could buy a new MA-1 in black size 46 + a TOJ0 size 46 black w/ cream arms, black cuffs and w/ the fold over collar(used condition).

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
my honest opinion: buy a Bomber. They come with Riris now, they're made insanely well, and they have tons of years in them, you could wear it til you die and it'll still be stylish.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alright, so we're making new stuff lately, and shipping TOJ0's as they're done; not much else going on besides a lot of non-selling and only working days right now, but we'll have stuff up soon. I have some assorted F/W shirts to bring out, variations on a theme, as well as updating the trio of original leather jackets. I had thought the re-designs would be significant, but I'm thinking now that the changes may not even be too apparent to some, maybe not, since it's still cooking from my kitchen. We'll see when the samples are done, but I do think the new stuff is gonna be an evolution of what was out before, using what I learned.
We have a lot more stuff as well. but we'll just keep it trickling out so that it's not a huge drop. I want each piece to be standalone in terms of quality and intrinsic value per piece, and so I think focusing on everything piece by piece is still the best answer to that. I had a collection of things was going to be good, but that isn't the answer for the time being, because I see where people with huge ideas fail and I need to sidestep that and put out stuff that has its own punch and hits above its weight individually.

There will be a deck jacket, a Chesterfield, a trench or two, the pea and a newly updated Duffle coat, 3-5 or 6 leather styles, some pants, and some new shirting, as well as a bag or two, at least for the beginning. Further into the colder months i may make some more stuff to contend with the weather and provide some protection, out of necessity.
I'm pretty excited about all of the stuff that is gonna come out. I've been sleeping online and working in the background, and I want to update forms and styles and incorporate more knowledge that I've learned in the past year, which is a lot now.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice, probably need a duffle/maybe a leather this winter. Looking forward to seeing what's on offer!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
There will be a deck jacket, a Chesterfield, a trench or two, the pea and a newly updated Duffle coat, 3-5 or 6 leather styles, some pants, and some new shirting, as well as a bag or two, at least for the beginning. Further into the colder months i may make some more stuff to contend with the weather and provide some protection, out of necessity. I'm pretty excited about all of the stuff that is gonna come out. I've been sleeping online and working in the background, and I want to update forms and styles and incorporate more knowledge that I've learned in the past year, which is a lot now.
*twiddles thumbs*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads