• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vthustle

Reaction score
Damn, it's too bad I didn't have any books to sell back this semester, that goretex MA-1 would be mine if I did. Reading the TOJ thread makes me wish I was a trust fund baby...

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ make friends with a chinese grad student in your class and you can get the xeroxed text for like $15. (0) do that for your whole class schedule and you can get the whole TOJ wardrobe (0)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the time frame on a laptop bag? Idea of prices/colors/materials?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
PK: not sure yet man, Coming out with a saddle leather, hand sewn smallish scout bag for a DLSR+creative extras and it will be a little bit more than a couple bills. Maybe a few choices in tanned colors as well, like red, blue, green, etc, it's Italian saddle leather, I think 2.5-3mm thick, so about 6-8 oz leather, times several layers in some places. It will be good for the wanderer types.

I will make some sort of notebook/messenger bag too, but I think Fok's design is gonna cover that.

Additionally, I'm gonna get an iPad when it's released in my country and I have some ideas about how I want use mine, so a leather multi-case is inevitable...

vthustle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
^ make friends with a chinese grad student in your class and you can get the xeroxed text for like $15. (0) do that for your whole class schedule and you can get the whole TOJ wardrobe (0)

It's either that or I stop drinking alcohol... decisions, decisions.

I have a feeling that it might be worth it though, then I'll just go to the bar and steeze the **** out of everyone wearing my TOJ
laugh.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't know dude. I know alchohol turns to piss and is a bad investment overall, but I'm a nasty alcoholic as well, so you're on your own. Always a Korean genetics tangling with first world problems and TOJ arts n crafts concept, in my case.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're gonna make stuff like that. Before that, I am gonna make a kinda heritage-y folksy DSLR bag that the workwear/americana cats will like a lot. Today is the end of the week so I will start that jawn on Monday probably.

Here's todays work; the TOJ MA-1 in goretex. The small group of them will all be finished imminently. For now, enjoy some pics of the first one out. dizzhizz is wearing this one because it was a sz 50, he's a true 48 and it's a little big on him... it fits slim, a lot like the TOJ0 and 1, a tiny bit more forgiving in the sleeves, but overall, a very slim silhouette.
4kct2p.jpg

w9g20l.jpg

11ljzhz.jpg

2vvqud3.jpg

bj1c.jpg

(I love the back dart detail)

Hold on, i've been seeing peacoats, Ma-1s etc. Does that mean some of the discontinued stuff isn't fully discontinued?

I really want a winter varsity if you're still gonna make them. and a peacoat. and a harrington.

and the upcoming trench.

i bought textbooks in first semester of first year. never bought them since. can download/photocopy.

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
Hold on, i've been seeing peacoats, Ma-1s etc. Does that mean some of the discontinued stuff isn't fully discontinued?

+1, that MA-1 looks ******* great; fits slimmer than I thought. I completely overlooked this when orders were open.
ffffuuuu.gif

Any chance you'll make more of these?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish I had money to employ drew as a personal curator of my wardrobe

It would be amazing

J.T. Thunderbird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J.T. Thunderbird
If already answered, please direct me to the post, but I must ask if there is a possibility of certain discontinued items making a return to available status; specifically regarding the Winter Varsity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads