• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I know dude, that was 4 hours and about 10 posts ago, I don't think Charly is awake yet to answer your email though.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i guess i'll add an ocbd to my order for funsies.

you might as well throw everything inside the duffle bag when you ship the **** to me

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
yes they are, at the shoulder seam lines (the perpendicular seam points)

so if you lay the shirt flat, and measure shoulder to shoulder at the very top of the shirt, the measurement would be slightly larger?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
so if you lay the shirt flat, and measure shoulder to shoulder at the very top of the shirt, the measurement would be slightly larger?

Yes, it would. See the photo.

yoyoyo

Reaction score
would it be possible to provide the waist and hem measurements for the shirts?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Just placed my order for this. I am also surprised that there is hardly any awareness of TOJ on the MC forum.

I have placed an order for the jacket in the quoted post. Now I need to provide measurements. I am thinking of basing the measurements on this jacket. I would appreciate your thoughts / comments.

I find the sleeves too long on this jacket and was thinking of getting them shortened by 1 inch. I dont know what length I should specify since the jacket I am ordering would be having ribbed cuffs.

Also noticed that I am either standing in an awkward position in all 3 pictures or I have a serious dropped shoulder

Z3.jpg
Z1.jpg
Z2.jpg

nonissue

Reaction score
Damnn, that shirting is on point. Is it ready to go now, or still a few weeks out? (sorry, this thread moves wayyy to fast for me to keep up)

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
I have placed an order for the jacket in the quoted post. Now I need to provide measurements. I am thinking of basing the measurements on this jacket. I would appreciate your thoughts / comments.

I find the sleeves too long on this jacket and was thinking of getting them shortened by 1 inch. I dont know what length I should specify since the jacket I am ordering would be having ribbed cuffs.

Also noticed that I am either standing in an awkward position in all 3 pictures or I have a serious dropped shoulder

I agree with the shortening of the sleeves, otherwise this jacket seems to fit you well everywhere else, so basing the measurements off it seems like a good idea to me!

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think shortening the sleeves any more than 1/2" for a bomber. They'll look good hitting your hand about there, and the sleeves should fold up and decrease in length slightly especially with relatively slimmer sleeves. The cuffs keep them from falling over the top of your thumb anyway. So there should be slack in the sleeve. Look for other people's fits of the bomber and you'll see they hit an inch or so above the thumb. You don't really want to show shirt cuff on casual jackets, defeats their purpose as outerwear.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
aj_del, great jacket to size off. I think you will get a good fitting jacket from that, because it's similar in bulk to how the Bomber will look. This is the kind of 'light jacket' I recommend people use to size from.

Funny thing; I kept seeing the magazine picture you posted and wondered if I'd seen it before; I checked the bottom corner and flipped to page 65 of this Leon magazine I have, and I have the same issue in print. haha. That will help in color matching and stuff.

As for fit:
Give us the exact measurements from your black jacket, those look good in terms of what you are looking for fit-wise. I think the length of the body is fine, as it hits somewhere in the middle of your pants rise (I'd go shorter for people wanting a more modern streetwear type fit, but you seem to be coming from the MC side and I suspect you will wear this with trousers, like the magazine)...
I would NOT shorten the sleeves more than that black jacket, i'd actually add an inch or a little less to be safe, because the rib trim will sit on your wrist and push the rest of the sleeve up, and with this lamb suede we're gonna make yours in, it'll look best with a tiny bit of break and rippling going up the sleeves.
Also, depending on how you feel the sleeves fit on that black jacket, you may want to slim the sleeve width measurements down a bit, like .3" or so, to get it more fitted to the arm. Doesn't need to be tight at all, but the Bomber is very flattering when the arms are slimmer.

splattered

Reaction score
E-mailed Charly, he said he got the return today and wants to know what i want changed on it... i didnt think you could change much post production? What are my options? I'd like your input on this one too D if possible
smile.gif

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew how come the Moto has significantly larger shoulder measurements than the bomber and DR in each size?

I was just wondering cos i ordered my Moto from Charly yesterday, and i downsized in the shoulders.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
aj_del, great jacket to size off. I think you will get a good fitting jacket from that, because it's similar in bulk to how the Bomber will look. This is the kind of 'light jacket' I recommend people use to size from.

Funny thing; I kept seeing the magazine picture you posted and wondered if I'd seen it before; I checked the bottom corner and flipped to page 65 of this Leon magazine I have, and I have the same issue in print. haha. That will help in color matching and stuff.

As for fit:
Give us the exact measurements from your black jacket, those look good in terms of what you are looking for fit-wise. I think the length of the body is fine, as it hits somewhere in the middle of your pants rise (I'd go shorter for people wanting a more modern streetwear type fit, but you seem to be coming from the MC side and I suspect you will wear this with trousers, like the magazine)...
I would NOT shorten the sleeves more than that black jacket, i'd actually add an inch or a little less to be safe, because the rib trim will sit on your wrist and push the rest of the sleeve up, and with this lamb suede we're gonna make yours in, it'll look best with a tiny bit of break and rippling going up the sleeves.
Also, depending on how you feel the sleeves fit on that black jacket, you may want to slim the sleeve width measurements down a bit, like .3" or so, to get it more fitted to the arm. Doesn't need to be tight at all, but the Bomber is very flattering when the arms are slimmer.

Inclined to agree with your suggestions though I think I would go with the same sleeve measurements rather than shorter or longer. I agree that the slimmer arms would be better.

One point to note is that this jacket is totally unlined. It is a thick cotton which somehow looks like the reverse of denim on the reverse of the cotton fabric. But there is no lining or anything anywhere including the body and sleeves. I dont know how that will impact the tightness of the sleeves since we shall be slimming the sleeves AND adding a cupro lining. I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
cupro is mega thin man, and the lamb suede is also thin, so together I believe they will be no thicker than the unlined jacket you have, or so little more you wouldn't notice it. Outside measurements alone from that jacket will do just fine.
With the sleeve length thing, the reason I suggest going a tad longer and relaxing the length is because with the rib trim, it's a little snug until it wears and loosens a bit, so during that time your shirt cuffs will ride inside the sleeve above the trim unless you're wearing a knit over it, and the rib cuff will be all you will see unless you make a concerted effort to fix your shirt cuffs through the rib cuffs each time you put it on, etc. If you go too short you risk the chance of having sleeves that ride on the wristbone with no sleeve break, and I think that tends to make the sleeves appear short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads