• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hats were for trying on in my experience, then they sent me the order. Do book an appointment and tell them your usual size. They're happy to see you even if you don't buy anything.
Makes sense, helps reduce waste.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I will be able to post a picture of my 004 in brown water repellent cotton.

Sounds exactly like what I'm thinking of. Would love some pics, please DM if you are more comfortable with that.

So tonight I was thinking about why I've never bought anything from Stoffa, despite really liking the brand for years. I think it boils down to the brand making certain things more difficult than they need to be.

You have to e-mail about prices, it's difficult to get a sense of the color options (which is kind of important since there aren't that many, and you want to know if he can make what you have in mind) and there is no way to just browse the goods; you have to book an appointment. Also, while he has created a beautiful visual experience for the brand on his website, I feel as if the brand is lacking in more mundane, standard photos of just the clothes simply worn by someone (like you would have on a standard e-commerce site). Still love the brand though and I'm sure I'll buy something at some point.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You have to e-mail about prices, it's difficult to get a sense of the color options (which is kind of important since there aren't that many, and you want to know if he can make what you have in mind) and there is no way to just browse the goods; you have to book an appointment. Also, while he has created a beautiful visual experience for the brand on his website, I feel as if the brand is lacking in more mundane, standard photos of just the clothes simply worn by someone (like you would have on a standard e-commerce site). Still love the brand though and I'm sure I'll buy something at some point.

You probably know this, but the trunk shows have sample garments. You get to see how any of their styles look on you before even buying. For me, that kind of negates having to infer things through online fit pics. The Stoffa model actually seems a lot simpler.

They also have all the swatches at trunk shows. I guess if you're waffling, you can always ask them to email you pics, but I feel like if you have a general sense of what you want going in, making a decision is pretty easy.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You probably know this, but the trunk shows have sample garments. You get to see how any of their styles look on you before even buying. For me, that kind of negates having to infer things through online fit pics. The Stoffa model actually seems a lot simpler.

They also have all the swatches at trunk shows. I guess if you're waffling, you can always ask them to email you pics, but I feel like if you have a general sense of what you want going in, making a decision is pretty easy.

Thanks. I just take a really long time to decide on things (like, really long), so I like to be aware of the options up front. Trunk shows usually stress me out a little for this reason, and I really dislike leaving appointments without buying anything since they could have met a paying customer in that time. I’m not sold on any of the colors I’ve seen for the cotton 004 thus far, because I don’t wear light colors and I already own like five navy top coats. Unfortunately the support guys weren’t much help.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks. I just take a really long time to decide on things (like, really long), so I like to be aware of the options up front. Trunk shows usually stress me out a little for this reason, and I really dislike leaving appointments without buying anything since they could have met a paying customer in that time. I’m not sold on any of the colors I’ve seen for the cotton 004 thus far, because I don’t wear light colors and I already own like five navy top coats. Unfortunately the support guys weren’t much help.

I'd just email them and ask when they might have a slower trunk show day where you can stop by to browse, not necessarily to buy. I think if you're upfront with them, it's fine. Agyesh once told me he thinks it's fine if people just come in to browse and I don't think it was just a sales line. He knows his stuff is expensive.

I only bought a scarf on my first visit. Then a jacket on the second; pants on the third. At each visit, I've used the opportunity to look over the swatches and models a bit more closely, so I can mull over things.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s a good idea. Should be very doable since I work two blocks away from the showroom.

The customer support guys came through eventually and told me they do the coat in this chocolate brown. Looks like my thing:

https://instagram.com/p/BazROpKH5x-/

I have that in a similar shade of brown suede and like it.

I can't remember if they have charcoal, but that also seems like a good dark color for many of their designs.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that in a similar shade of brown suede and like it.

I can't remember if they have charcoal, but that also seems like a good dark color for many of their designs.

Yeah, totally agree. A nice, dark gray would be awesome for the 004.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DouglasE

Reaction score
Quick photo of the 004 i brown water repellent cotton. I prefer to wear it either unbuttoned or with both buttons buttoned, rarely with just one button.

Will try to get better pictures soon.

C484B0B7-DD51-466D-BDCF-197D9DA91466.jpeg

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick photo of the 004 i brown water repellent cotton. I prefer to wear it either unbuttoned or with both buttons buttoned, rarely with just one button.

View attachment 916767

That is really nice. Pretty sure I’m getting exactly this at some point. And some trousers. And that sculpture scarf when it comes back.

So last question on Stoffa: how does he deliver? Does he mail the stuff to Marcus or do you pick it up at the next show?

TokenMao

Reaction score
That is really nice. Pretty sure I’m getting exactly this at some point. And some trousers. And that sculpture scarf when it comes back.

So last question on Stoffa: how does he deliver? Does he mail the stuff to Marcus or do you pick it up at the next show?

They prefer you to pick up at the next show so that they can make any fit adjustments then. If that's logistically difficult I think they will ship it to you as well.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They prefer you to pick up at the next show so that they can make any fit adjustments then. If that's logistically difficult I think they will ship it to you as well.
I think especially after a few deliveries once your pattern is set you could have it sent. Personally I really enjoy the trunk shows and try to visit as often as possible with or without orders to pick up.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 916767
Looks very promising indeed. Do you find it too cold to wear in sthlm currently? I know the water repellent isn’t a winter fabric per say, but I’m thinking it might just work with some layers under in the current weather?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads