• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess that's why they insist you have a fitting in person to try everything out. On seeing it I thought it might be weird. On trying it, I liked it. Here's one more pic from today in a different configuration. There's no real summer or winter where I work outside of a couple of weeks of hot and cold (but still not really). Today I stepped out a little around 8:30 and it was 55F. Wearing an ocbd and a light cotton sweater.

View attachment 903023
The taupe really hits the sweet spot. I like the sand a lot but the taupe is a bit more understated.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto. Relatedly, I need to learn how to press pleats better.

@sebastian mcfox what's the verdict on the suede?
Lovely. Very soft and holds its shape well (despite being stuffed into a suitcase a few times). I’ve been babying it a bit out of fear of staining the suede. Picks up dust a bit but nowhere near as much as the peached cotton

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely. Very soft and holds its shape well (despite being stuffed into a suitcase a few times). I’ve been babying it a bit out of fear of staining the suede. Picks up dust a bit but nowhere near as much as the peached cotton
I imagine I’d baby it quite a bit too, it’s a big investment. Yet I keep reading from Stòffa themselves and others like Simon Crompton that getting caught in a light shower for instance is not that big of a deal, just let it dry and brush it.
I imagine it’s a bit like wearing a brand new watch, once that first inevitable scratch or dent happens, you get a bit more relaxed about it, and end up wearing the hell out of it.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess that's why they insist you have a fitting in person to try everything out. On seeing it I thought it might be weird. On trying it, I liked it. Here's one more pic from today in a different configuration. There's no real summer or winter where I work outside of a couple of weeks of hot and cold (but still not really). Today I stepped out a little around 8:30 and it was 55F. Wearing an ocbd and a light cotton sweater.

View attachment 903023
I really like the design of this coat. Is it waterproof (taped seams) or water resistant?

kwv07

Reaction score
Close to 2.5 years old flight jacket in chocolate cotton with water repellent cotton trousers. Lovely casual clothing.

View attachment 901666

Love the trousers, too. Did you go with their standard single-pleat depth? Or, did you change it up?

What temperatures is the cotton jacket good in? I think I'd get much more use out of a cotton one than suede.

DouglasE

Reaction score
Love the trousers, too. Did you go with their standard single-pleat depth? Or, did you change it up?

What temperatures is the cotton jacket good in? I think I'd get much more use out of a cotton one than suede.

Thank you!

It should be the standard single pleat depth.

My cotton jacket is lined and I would say that I wear it in between approximately 4-18 degrees celsius. I'm not that sensitive though. When it is warmer I usually wear it open with just a polo shirt or shirt under, and if it is colder I wear it with a cashmere sweater and a warm scarf. I've had it for approximately 2,5 years and I wear almost all year round in Sweden except for maybe a few weeks in summer and a month or two in the winter.

Would love to add another 002 in half lined linen for summer and another 004 in wool for winter. Hopefully I will be able to post a picture of my 004 in brown water repellent cotton.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to add another 002 in half lined linen for summer and another 004 in wool for winter. Hopefully I will be able to post a picture of my 004 in brown water repellent cotton.
Sounds like excellent choices. I’m looking to buy my first jacket, most likely the 003. Going back and forth between chocolate and navy and cotton or suede. Also looking to get the 004 in water repellent and wool.

TokenMao

Reaction score
Stopped by their NYC location today and had a great experience. Part it might be due to the fact that this was my first in person MTM experience so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I was super impressed by how streamlined the whole process was. I can see how the limited options might be restricting if you like to customize things down to the last detail, but the upside of Agyesh controlling both the overall pool and the number of options means that no matter what you end up choosing it'll be great. Ended up going with an asymmetric coat in taupe wool. Was debating solid vs. herringbone but ended up going with solid as it's a bit more neutral. The asymmetric jacket in suede looked amazing but I couldn't justify spending so much in a single trip... maybe later this year.

elfton

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they bring hats to the trunk show? And does one have to schedule an appointment to try them on?
Haven't been to a trunk show before, so don't know the do's and don'ts, thought you might be able to help out. Thanks! :)

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they bring hats to the trunk show? And does one have to schedule an appointment to try them on?
Haven't been to a trunk show before, so don't know the do's and don'ts, thought you might be able to help out. Thanks! :)
They have hats there, but I honestly don’t know if they are for trying sizes or if you can buy on location.
I’m sure you could walk in, but I recommend booking a time slot to get the full experience. They’re very open to you checking out their stuff, telling their story and answering whatever questions you might have.
Plus they’re super nice guys to just have a coffee and talk about whatever with.

JIMB

Reaction score
Hats were for trying on in my experience, then they sent me the order. Do book an appointment and tell them your usual size. They're happy to see you even if you don't buy anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads