• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Practicewear line looks good, but I’m having a hard time convincing myself to spend this much on Sweat wear.

There’s a few unique pieces and the colors are spot on as usual but something of a mental block since most of these pieces are so casual.

Last edited:

paris94

Reaction score
I encourage everybody to avoid hasty judgments about Stoffa's new line without experiencing it personally. Having been a faithful customer of theirs since the early pop-up days in NYC, I can say this line is a natural continuation of their existing collection. The true joy of Stoffa clothing lies predominantly in its thoughtful designs and unique perspective on quality. When you spend time with their latest items, you will comprehend this notion. While there may be other brands offering sweatpants and casual wear at a lower price point, it's not a fair comparison. I applaud Stoffa for their commitment to exceptional craftsmanship and exacting attention to detail, as exemplified by their sweatshirt material, a masterpiece achieved by incorporating three distinct types of cotton fiber, each with a specific design and comfort purpose. Regardless of your stance on this extension, I believe you should try it before making judgments. Most of the items in this line are available for immediate shipping, so there isn't a typical wait period to decide whether or not you're interested. Generally, what they have done here is no different from PML or Fox Brothers RTW extensions, which I also find to be a direct extension of their original offerings.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I encourage everybody to avoid hasty judgments about Stoffa's new line without experiencing it personally. Having been a faithful customer of theirs since the early pop-up days in NYC, I can say this line is a natural continuation of their existing collection. The true joy of Stoffa clothing lies predominantly in its thoughtful designs and unique perspective on quality. When you spend time with their latest items, you will comprehend this notion. While there may be other brands offering sweatpants and casual wear at a lower price point, it's not a fair comparison. I applaud Stoffa for their commitment to exceptional craftsmanship and exacting attention to detail, as exemplified by their sweatshirt material, a masterpiece achieved by incorporating three distinct types of cotton fiber, each with a specific design and comfort purpose. Regardless of your stance on this extension, I believe you should try it before making judgments. Most of the items in this line are available for immediate shipping, so there isn't a typical wait period to decide whether or not you're interested. Generally, what they have done here is no different from PML or Fox Brothers RTW extensions, which I also find to be a direct extension of their original offerings.
I’m definitely not questioning their quality. It’s more the fact that I would be spending nearly as much on sweat-wear as I do on the wool, linen or other deadstock Stoffa items that I wear when going out to a nice dinner.

Though, no knock to anyone that’s willing to buy these sets, they look good, it’s just a leap for me.

curiousfromS

Reaction score

As you say, I agree with you that I should try it on and then judge. I think this new line has probably had an impact on breaking down some of the preconceived notions I had about Stoffa.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think that with each new collection, Stoffa has been able to solidify the existing brand image and keep it fresh. However, I think that this "Practice" line is a lot more "casualized" than the image they had before.
I wonder what old Stoffa fans will think. Recently, there has been some discussion in the thread about price increases, and I think the "Practice" line may be an extension of that discussion.
I think you can look at it from both angles as an old fan. It's definitely easy enough to say "sweats? Wtf happened you guys?", but that wouldn't be fair.
I've been a customer since 2016 and I have no problem admitting that I miss the old days. Back when the collection only had a few pieces, in a variety of fabrics and we could basically pick and choose any combination we wanted. But I also don't think they would've lasted this long with only 3-4 jackets, trousers and hats.

They've extended their luxury casual wear with tees, shirts, tailoring and now they're going the opposite way with (knowing them) the best quality sweats you can get. Even offered as mtm based on the website. It only makes sense they want to offer their customers more variety and possibly attract some new ones while they're at it. I'm willing to bet footwear will come down the line.

I do think they've lost a bit of their distinctive look through the years, varying from collection to collection. But growing a small brand is always challenging and I think they've done it quite well. Prices have definitely gone up, but so has every commodity in every market. Personally as I need mtm across the board, I really hope that trunk show frequencies pick up. I also don't see why they won't offer some model and/or fabric combinations anymore, which I plan to ask them whenever I see them next time.

i think its sometimes nice to have a more "accessible" entry point into a brands world, that said i dont know if i think a sportwear line is inherently that (visvim's sport stuff was priced pretty close to what the normal stuff is) - but i could see a universe where someone felt they had a collection of pants/sweaters/jackets from stoffa and wanted that same level of "stoffa-ness" in their lounge wear

i guess i'm curious if this widens the audience for stoffa, given that it "feels" that so many (at least on this forum) access them as MTM in the first place, or if its primarily a way to get further into a core customer's closet
I think this new line would be quite interesting to someone into Fear of God for instance, where cotton fleece sweatpants go for $695 and they have a very similar aesthetic.

bullethead

Reaction score
I’ve ordered a couple of the double pique cotton polos. On the expensive side, no doubt. They are one of the few places I can think of that can do an interesting knit in my size. We shall see

Iskander

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to who manufactured the hats Stoffa used to make? I left mine in a cab a year or two ago, and sadly Stoffa told me they have no plans to bring them back. I used to wear it a lot so I was very sad to lose it.

If not, anyone know of any hats that are similar?

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to who manufactured the hats Stoffa used to make? I left mine in a cab a year or two ago, and sadly Stoffa told me they have no plans to bring them back. I used to wear it a lot so I was very sad to lose it.

If not, anyone know of any hats that are similar?
No Man Walks Alone usually carries some rollable hats. I feel like there's a fall winter version usually but I could be misremembering.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah too bad, mine is a size 60. Or it was stretched to a 60 rather, compared to my other two hats the brim and crown are visually a lot smaller, so it's probably 58 or 59 mismarked. But I'm thinking it wouldn't fit you well..

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I consider a 10" front rise to be low-rise and imagined that to be anathema to Stoffa's style.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stoffa Pearl Spread Collar Shirt and Black Linen Pants
IMG_1922.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads