• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Those bags look great, especially with a bit of wear. However, has anyone got version 2 or 3 and has some real-time experience with them? Would love to replace my Filson with version 2 but can’t quite get around the longer handles. Maybe some real life pictures might help...

gianm

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the MTO? Really want to try Stoffa, but I don't envision being able to be present for a fitting any time soon.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case anybody missed it, Stoffa is doing flat global shipping and zero duties. I can see how this could work for MTO within Europe, since VAT is paid in the exporting country (Italy in this case) and there are no tariffs. Maybe they only sell to EU and the US?

pyunghwa

Reaction score
If anyone has the rabbit hat in size 58 they want to offload, let me know!

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m almost certain I’ll try the new machine washable ones. Also exited to see the new knits.

I am considering a brown pair, machine washable. Do you know if all fabrics are available in that model, and anything about the pricing?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea on both questions. I secretly hope the more tailored ones will be washable too, but I’m assuming only the new model and limited colors. Time will tell.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent them an e-mail with these questions. At 275 bucks it’s pretty attractive compares to the competition.

w.w.

Reaction score
I sent them an e-mail with these questions. At 275 bucks it’s pretty attractive compares to the competition.
I’m confused, why MTO is 50 bucks higher than MTM, same basketweave fabric for trousers.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. I just based it on what Crompton wrote. Maybe that is not correct anymore. Could be different makes though.

btw @joacimbylehn how does Stoffa deliver? Do you have to wait until the next trunk or so they send it home to you?

kalufsen

Reaction score
I have no idea. I just based it on what Crompton wrote. Maybe that is not correct anymore. Could be different makes though.

btw @joacimbylehn how does Stoffa deliver? Do you have to wait until the next trunk or so they send it home to you?
Pretty sure they will be back to deliver in September, thats what the process usually looks like. For new customers they need to make sure the pattern is good and the outcome great.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gotta say the scoop neck is pretty cool. Also looks like they started cutting their trousers a bit looser. Really like the direction they are moving in.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh so the washable is 275? That’s very compelling indeed. Any word on choice of models?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they will be back to deliver in September, thats what the process usually looks like. For new customers they need to make sure the pattern is good and the outcome great.
Yeah usually deliver at next trunk, especially for new customers. Returning ones with a well set pattern could have them delivered but as they visited every 5-6 weeks in the past, there was never a need.
I’ve had stuff delivered at home and at their (previous?) local agent too. But I prefer seeing the guys, it’s always nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads