• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official SF Shell Shoe List

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
It came up in the Thrift Bragging thread today about ID'ing Shell. I asked if there was a list and was directed over to the AskAny forum where a thread was started for a list of Shell shoes. I have updated that list into a Google doc speadsheet and the link is below. This document is open to everyone and can be edited by everyone so please feel free to contribute. Thanks. I hope this works as I have planed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AndDRTDgBtt0dDR2eEg0WWVObHRKNWg0eHNRelNNZUE#gid=0

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I saw somewhere that Vass, Carmina, and Gieves and Hawkes (Cheaney) do shell too.

Jack2000

Reaction score
Nice list. Not sure where you want to add it but Florshiem Duckie Brown has a bunch of shell shoes, long wings, short wings and some boots.

Ralph Lauren had a shell george boot "Garran" and a moc toed chukka "Gifford" that I don't see on there as well.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is basically an impossible task. you want a list of every shoe ever created in shell by any maker, in every variation?

I'll just add the AE info is wrong on there. they still use cognac shell, which is the same thing as the brown shell on the Strands

they also used to use black cherry shell. I have an old Bristol in black cherry

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
this is basically an impossible task. you want a list of every shoe ever created in shell by any maker, in every variation?

I'll just add the AE info is wrong on there. they still use cognac shell, on their Strands. (which aren't listed btw)
I'm just trying to consolidate all the vast information from the great SF community into one place. The list is actually taken from a Ask Andy Thread and was put into a better more usable format that everyone can edit and update instead of a thread with multiple pages and tons of scrolling. I personally have very little knowledge of shell shoes so can't add more to the topic except for trying to get the ball rolling and putting together an initial Google document spreadsheet that can be updated. If this is a crappy idea i guess it won't go anywhere or get used. Just trying to help the forum in a positive way.

If the AE info is wrong, can you edit the list and correct it?
fistbump.gif

Last edited:

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump for update to list

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads