• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

henryfool3

Reaction score
A bit frustrated with the denim sizing at times. I always get 'my size' and sometimes it's spot on, and others it's ridiculous. I've got a pair that without a belt just falls off. It's gotta be a least 2 sizes bigger than tagged. And often I'm getting items online, so I can't walk into a store and try on multiple sizes. And it's not like it's always a consistent 2 sizes off so I'd compensate for that.

aquila49

Reaction score
Wow they measured 4” larger than tagged size?

I've seen that before, but usually not when they're new. I have a pair of slim straights I bought in size 30 a few years back. They came with a 33" waist that has since stretched to 34".

henryfool3

Reaction score
Loving the advice everyone, the sarcasm is duly noted LOL.

Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer. I have a couple of pairs, one was final sale so return wasn't an option and others that have stretched with wear. I also dropped a few pounds the past few months. So I was trying to find ways to shrink the waist a bit short of having to take them in.

Any real suggestions that might work?

Last edited:

Sea dragon

Reaction score

Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer. I have a couple of pairs, one was final sale so return wasn't an option and others that have stretched with wear. I also dropped a few pounds the past few months. So I was trying to find ways to shrink the waist a bit short of having to take them in.

I’ve soaked just the waist area of denim in near boiling water then hot aired machined dried them it shrank them quite a bit but unfortunately shrank the leather logo patch also

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not possible, the jeans don't have any more shrinkage in them. 4" like 2-3 sizes too big.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score

If they're not heavily distressed you could send them to the denim surgeon who should be able to bring in the waist for you. If there are heavy wear marks the adjustment might throw off the pattern of the fades and look unnatural though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads