• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I had some credit at Bloomingdales and these were on sale so I ordered them.
Color on bloomnigdales site is way off. They're pretty much the same color as the RRL ones.
The tag says 9.5oz fabric but they feel lighter than my RRLs 9.5oz pair. They don't have the decorative stitching on the front pockets but otherwise style and cut are the same as RRL. No external Polo branding.
Overall, I'm pleased for the $150 price (reg $200).

RRLcowboy

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name's Cody and I work at the RRL shop on Melrose. Wanted to let all of you know we're throwing another event to start the summer, partnered with our friends at Dyer Brand Surfboards. Come say what's up, grab a beer and check out our new summer collection as well!
IMG_8581 copy.jpeg

HansHelmut

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I fell in love with this Chambray shirt from RRL: http://www.ralphlauren.de/product/index.jsp?productId=53511371

Unfortunately it's already sold out in my size. So I would be more than happy, If anyone could tell me where in Europe I still have a chance to get it?
Or do you guys think, that it will come back in the near future?
Because the Ralph Lauren customer service couldn't really help me with that.

Thanks and regards from Germany

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
I had some credit at Bloomingdales and these were on sale so I ordered them.
Color on bloomnigdales site is way off. They're pretty much the same color as the RRL ones.
The tag says 9.5oz fabric but they feel lighter than my RRLs 9.5oz pair. They don't have the decorative stitching on the front pockets but otherwise style and cut are the same as RRL. No external Polo branding.
Overall, I'm pleased for the $150 price (reg $200).

Thanks for letting me know about the fit, I haven't ordered a pair yet but plan to. Yeah, I figured the bloomingdale's picture was just wrong as the chino's I saw in store were nothing like those pictured on their website.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
For the RRL collectors/resellers:

How much should I ask for a limited edition distressed 1930s style shopcoat? Size L. There's similar pieces going for $500 - $1600 on eBay and Grailed.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
This guy just doesn't give up! He's still peddling his fake **** on eBay. Everyone join me in reporting this guy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...730221?hash=item2a80ee582d:g:8RYAAOSwTM5YxZ~s

Could be a real one with an off tag manufactured from whatever left. It's a rampage practices in manufacturing countries from China to Bangladesh to Vietnam. I have family members representing big buyers so I'm not too unfamiliar. Many European brands and fashion houses also experience this issue in exchange for cheap labor and material. I could name a few: Dolce & Gabbana, Dsquared, Gucci, Prada, Ralph Lauren, and Rick Owens included. Rick now has better quality control but Chinese bosses no longer need the mainland for everything. They own manufactures and boutiques not only in Italy but around the globe as well. Believe it or not, they could become the new Apple of the fashion industry if they could have gotten a different world status. Eventually they will.

Cooly

Reaction score
Has anyone taste tested the Billings Jacket (below). The picture of Ralph wearing it in the look book kind of makes me drool for it, but the pictures on Mr. Porter make it look cropped a bit too high for my liking...reviews would be appreciated...

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 9.42.31 AM.png

koidragon

Reaction score
Felt the same as you... then saw it in person and lost interest. If only they copied the one Ralph was wearing.
Has anyone taste tested the Billings Jacket (below). The picture of Ralph wearing it in the look book kind of makes me drool for it, but the pictures on Mr. Porter make it look cropped a bit too high for my liking...reviews would be appreciated...

View attachment 470050
same

bobbo28

Reaction score
Does anyone have the current season Limited Edition Denim jacket? I picked one up the other day (had to size down) but I'm thinking of returning it and getting the Indigo Cotton Overshirt instead. I already own the selvedge western denim jacket (I think it was from Winter 2016) and I LOVE it. The LE is dope and a totally different style but I have a feeling the overshirt is gonna get more play in the rotation down here in Southern Cal.

Thoughts?

Cooly

Reaction score
Does anyone have the current season Limited Edition Denim jacket? I picked one up the other day (had to size down) but I'm thinking of returning it and getting the Indigo Cotton Overshirt instead. I already own the selvedge western denim jacket (I think it was from Winter 2016) and I LOVE it. The LE is dope and a totally different style but I have a feeling the overshirt is gonna get more play in the rotation down here in Southern Cal.

Thoughts?
Had the same thoughts as you ...don't' have the LE Denim jacket because of the same exact reason you may return it...I have the 101J selvedge repo from fall 2016 and love it....didn't need a competing denim jacket (thought seriously LE about the LE though)...

aquila49

Reaction score
There's a pre-sale going on now that's for in store purchase only. If you spend $1000, you receive a credit of $500 back to your credit card. You can purchase items now and they will be rung up when the official sale begins next week. Purple Label and Double RL are included in the sale - with the exception of vintage merchandise. Polo Ralph Lauren items are not included for the in store pre-sale. I just picked up the distressed denim, Jack Walker bracelet, logo t-shirt, indigo scarf, and the buffalo plaid workshirt. Definitely worth checking out. Enjoy!

I took advantage of this pre-sale as well. It was close to a 50% discount if you spent just a hair over $1K. I picked up the Corduroy-Collar Cotton Jacket, Indigo Cotton Work Shirt and Tumbled Leather Card Case for $510 after the $500 credit.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bootwatch