• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i very much like the aloha print but i wish they would - at least occasionally - style them somewhat closer to the old skool specimens.

unionofcraft

Reaction score
The new Blue Angels summer collection should be dropping at the Bond Street store this week
1f64c.png

aquila49

Reaction score
i very much like the aloha print but i wish they would - at least occasionally - style them somewhat closer to the old skool specimens.

I'm with you on that.

Have you checked out the Japanese brand "Sun Surf"? They've done some fantastic reproductions of vintage aloha shirts.

I'm not crazy about the current selection of "Sun Surf" at Self Edge. Historic Preservation usually has some nice ones, but not in all sizes.

Nice ones crop up on eBay and Grailed from time to time.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have you checked out the Japanese brand "Sun Surf"? They've done some fantastic reproductions of vintage aloha shirts.

always nice to meet a fellow traveler! i don't own any but i really like the prints and it's nice to see somebody try to approach the old rayon. studio d'artisan makes some nice ones too (i think cotton) but they get the collars right and the prints capture the spirit of the golden era alohas. 

not to derail the thread or anything but here's something different from my collection:

this is real deal late 40s and it's actually not from hawaii, it's from san francisco from a shop called nichi bei bussan that goes back to the turn of the century. i dunno if you can see the label but they renamed the family shop 'the NB' and i wonder if they didn't do that as a response to their internment during WWII... anyways it is a japanese kabe crepe rayon that i would put up against any print, it's simply a fantastic fabric and really captures the colors and vibe of the pacific - they really don't make em like this anymore. also interesting is it seems to be made for a woman. 

as you were...

Last edited:

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever actually confirmed any "fake" rrl pieces? Most people who think their tacky or outdated looking stuff is fake are just unaware of how old it really is - RRL has come a LONG way in their designs and washes over the last few years.

Is it still the case now that it's rare to find RRL "fake"?

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Just bought this RRL cardigan from someone online but not sure if it's 100% legit. It was sold as new with tag but the style ID on the RRL paper tag does not match the ID on the garment tag. Also, the garment tag looks a bit strange. It doesn't list the construction in English and only lists it in Japanese. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Last edited:

hihihaha

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hey guys, any idea the time or year this jacket - black label comes from. Just got it on ebay
[/IMG]

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

jimbobster

Reaction score
RRL cardigan, I think this looks legit - although I only tried it on in the bond street store.
It certainly had the "Made in U.S.A of imported Materials" underneath the main RRL label.
The internal knit pattern also looks good - It was pretty heavy.
Really liked it but they didn't have my size.

Last edited:

Gruff

Reaction score

Aren't the old school aloha shirts kind of a boxy fit, though? I've tried on alohas from a couple of "authentic repro" brands and they're boxy as hell. Not really flattering cuts at all.

The print on that RRL aloha shirt is pretty sweet, though.

JTK

Reaction score

Just bought this RRL cardigan from someone online but not sure if it's 100% legit. It was sold as new with tag but the style ID on the RRL paper tag does not match the ID on the garment tag. Also, the garment tag looks a bit strange. It doesn't list the construction in English and only lists it in Japanese. Any thoughts? Thanks.
This is legit. I have the same cardigan, which I purchased at RL, and the label is the same (only states cotton material in Japanese).

styleforumfan

Reaction score
This is legit. I have the same cardigan, which I purchased at RL, and the label is the same (only states cotton material in Japanese).

How about the paper tag? The style ID on mine doesn't match the one on the garment. From my experience, the ID on the RRL tag usually matches the one on the garment. I'm concerned the cardigan may be slightly used and sold as "new". The paper tag may come from a different piece to make it look like new.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads