• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pvoytko

Reaction score

Got these in the mail today.

Bowerys feel real nice, pretty damn stiff. They feel a tad loose but with a half size down i know they would feel too tight. Dont think i would pay full price for them
Tbh

Maitiu

Reaction score
Anyone else not able to do the ole search bar trick with "rrl" and it list all rrl items? Now when i do the search, it takes me to the rrl landing page.

Lame.....

Dirty Denim

Reaction score
Anyone else not able to do the ole search bar trick with "rrl" and it list all rrl items? Now when i do the search, it takes me to the rrl landing page.

Lame.....

Type rrl new and it'll work somewhat lol. They really have no idea

Last edited:

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got these in the mail today.

Bowerys feel real nice, pretty damn stiff. They feel a tad loose but with a half size down i know they would feel too tight. Dont think i would pay full price for them
Tbh

Dig the vest. Where did you pick it up from?

pvoytko

Reaction score
Dig the vest. Where did you pick it up from?

Ebay for 30 bucks. Has about a dime size discrepancy in the upper left hand shoulder (you can see it almost align w the hanger. It still had the sales tag on it too so for a 490 dollar piece im not too worried about it. Maybe spend a few bucks and get it stitched over

babump

Reaction score
Anyone know how much shrinkage to expect on the inseam for RRL denim after the first wash? I am interested in getting a pair of the raw slim narrows.

Gruff

Reaction score
Ebay for 30 bucks. Has about a dime size discrepancy in the upper left hand shoulder (you can see it almost align w the hanger. It still had the sales tag on it too so for a 490 dollar piece im not too worried about it. Maybe spend a few bucks and get it stitched over

Nice deal on the waistcoat. You should definitely get the blemish stitched up - a good tailor can make it virtually unnoticeable without close examination.

pvoytko

Reaction score
Nice deal on the waistcoat. You should definitely get the blemish stitched up - a good tailor can make it virtually unnoticeable without close examination.

any tailor recommendations? im not against sending it to someone if i know they'll do a way better job than my average dry cleaner place.

Gruff

Reaction score
any tailor recommendations? im not against sending it to someone if i know they'll do a way better job than my average dry cleaner place.

Recommendations depend entirely on where you're at and I'm guessing you probably don't live in my area. You're already on the right track, though - do some research and find a full service tailor in your area with high marks. Stay away from the dry cleaners and related types, they don't usually have the broad expertise and tailoring isn't their primary service, so the work is generally mediocre.

Building a solid relationship with a good tailor is critical to keeping your pieces in presentable order. Goes for everything you wear, not just RRL.

FJCruiser

Reaction score
I am new to RRL and I haven't read much here either, so apologies in advance for noob question/s: where did you purchase those boots? And what is Bowery - a company that makes RRL Boots?
I just purchased a pair of whats called the New Clifton boots because they were on sale and looked decent... they are stiff as hell though, but look nice :) Do you, or does anyone else here, know who made those?

Thanks

Junglejack

Reaction score
Hi all

please anyone can advise me how to sizing on the Rigid slim-fit?

I have 4 pairs of washed slim fit utica, topeka, helm and fairmont all of them size are 30, should I wear the same size?

Thanks

At least for me, there is a night and day difference between the Rigid wash and RRL's pre-distressed washes. The first two pairs I ordered were both Rigid and the bottom line is you really need to invest some time before they are anything resembling comfortable.

That said, I totally respect and understand by going raw denim that they truly are unique to you and after sufficient seat time uber comfortable. In the beginning, the starch on the Rigid's really is quite stiff. Of the two Rigid's, I am spending the time to break in the East-West denim indigo pair whilst honestly destroying the grey pair in a fit of fabric softener and repeated washing and drying.
Now I got some god awful vertical creases on them. Total fail.

The Topeka, et al are truly some of the most comfortable jeans I have ever owned and 6 days out of 7 wear the pre-distressed. Killer washes and silly comfortable.

pvoytko

Reaction score

First day breaking in the bowerys. My toe is pretty much touching the tip so theyre good in a length but its a pretty roomy boot. Have them tied really tight. They do feel extremely comfortable however

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
First day breaking in the bowerys. My toe is pretty much touching the tip so theyre good in a length but its a pretty roomy boot. Have them tied really tight. They do feel extremely comfortable however

Nice, yeah the Bowery's have an 'interesting' fit/last. I know you mentioned they are stiff at first, but stick with them, they will quickly break in and be buttery soft in no time (unlike my cliftons, which are still pretty brutal).

No lie I have quite a few pairs of shoes and boots, and I wind up reaching for the Bowery's at least 3 days a week.

pvoytko

Reaction score
Nice, yeah the Bowery's have an 'interesting' fit/last. I know you mentioned they are stiff at first, but stick with them, they will quickly break in and be buttery soft in no time (unlike my cliftons, which are still pretty brutal).

No lie I have quite a few pairs of shoes and boots, and I wind up reaching for the Bowery's at least 3 days a week.

can i see pics of yours all broken in?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads