• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They also jacked the prices up on just about everything that was on sale. The Pasadena jeans were $175 yesterday. Today they are $212.

Ha, I noticed the weird price fluctuations as I was shopping. I guess I lucked out because the two items I had bookmarked were reduced and this added coupon made me throw in a full price item I thought might sell out quickly later.

White Lotus

Reaction score
Im extremely disappointed in RRL. I received my flight jacket and the leather chest triangles were unevenly stitched. The hand pockets were too small. Dont get me wrong. Fit was perfect. Sleeve length was perfect. Materials and quality were great. The throat tab could also be hidden under the collar with the button. What a let down. Beautiful bomber jacket made to waste. Can i return rrl stuff to the polo outlet?

JTK

Reaction score

Thanks for all the responses folks. I guess I'll leave them alone for now. I just tend to eschew any logos so it's not really appealing to me to have distinctive stitching on the back. It reminds me of the denim craze for Jordache jeans or true religion jeans. I'm also fond of minimalism in general so I like APC style with no pocket stitching. I used to own a pair of APC's but for all the hype and the price I thought the quality wasn't so great.

I'd also like to add for anyone wondering that I love the slim straight fit coming from the slim fits. I can now comfortably leave my shirts tucked in which is important to me. Can't stand super low rise pants made for men.

And as someone else answered my pair are just the standard Slim-straight jean not the Ro-bucks.

Have you washed them yet? Wondering about shrinkage, since I need to hem an inch or two of the length.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you washed them yet? Wondering about shrinkage, since I need to hem an inch or two of the length.

Ha, not even close. I bought them about a month ago and I've only worn them once so far. I'm not really a denim guy.

I never hem any of my pants anymore unless it's a suit pant. Why not just cuff 'em and avoid the trouble?

boxdok

Reaction score
For those who have Slim straight and regular slim fit. Did you'll size down 1 for slim straight compared to your normal slim fit size or did you'll size the same?.I'm more concerned with the thighs being too tight if I size down.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha, I noticed the weird price fluctuations as I was shopping. I guess I lucked out because the two items I had bookmarked were reduced and this added coupon made me throw in a full price item I thought might sell out quickly later.

Some things appear to have gone down, others up? (shrug)

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those who have Slim straight and regular slim fit. Did you'll size down 1 for slim straight compared to your normal slim fit size or did you'll size the same?.I'm more concerned with the thighs being too tight if I size down.

I wear a size 28 in slim fit and slim straight. Here are the measurements of both of my jeans using the B.I.G. method. Mind you the slim straights aren't completely broken in yet.

Slim Fit 28 x 34
16.25" Across waist
9" Front rise
13.5" Back rise
34" Inseam
11" Upper thigh
7.75" Knee
7" Leg opening

Slim Straight 28 x 30
15.75" Across waist
10" Front rise
14" Back rise
30.5" Inseam
11" Upper thigh
8" Knee
7.25" Leg opening

MasterOfDomains

Reaction score
How slim is the slim fit?
Was looking at this:
http://m.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750065&cp=1760781.11588650.12138266

Coming from ps apc's what are these comparable to? Thanks.

And anyone know if the chainstitch run off on the new haven shirt is on the front or back of the selvedge line? If that's kind of a clear question? Had it slimmed down a bit in the torso and the person who did it removed the chainstitching and now I'm having him redo it.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How slim is the slim fit?
Was looking at this:
http://m.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750065&cp=1760781.11588650.12138266

Coming from ps apc's what are these comparable to? Thanks.

And anyone know if the chainstitch run off on the new haven shirt is on the front or back of the selvedge line? If that's kind of a clear question? Had it slimmed down a bit in the torso and the person who did it removed the chainstitching and now I'm having him redo it.

I used to have APC Petit Standard in I think the same size I wear in RRL (28) and PS was much skinnier. They were skin tight where-as RRL slim fit has a little more breathing room. At least in my case anyway.

youretheman

Reaction score
Hi Gentlemen,

Question on Rigid slim fits sizing. I fit perfect with my once washed low straight and once was slim fit size 30. Should I size down to 29 for Slim Fit Rigids? are the rigids Sanforized? also the difference again to once wahed aside from being stiff? will take into account shrinkage of course when I get one. Anybody's 2 cents will much appreciated.

Best,

ytm99

Nookitect

Reaction score
I think you'll be lucky to get the lookbooks anymore on pdf from SA.

RL are apparently very nervous since the Native American uproar over the Holiday period with the lookbook images.

I have the PDF. If you want it PM me with your email address and I will forward on.

Some pretty cool stuff coming in this next season!

randomnoob

Reaction score
if a pair of RRL denim says it is "unwashed" does that mean i want to buy larger than i normally would in RRL jeans since i would eventually wash them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads