• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

My god man.. if those leather jackets in your B/S threads were XS/S I would highly consider them...

Thanks for bringing these to my attention, I might be tempted. Am I right in thinking the untreated one is the darker of the two?

Out of interest, what would you guys be wearing it with.

Thanks.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

curzon, arethusa, who are the dudes in your avatar pics?

Mayakovsky, who had ******* swagger.

CDuIZ.jpg

ilTtA.jpg

Thanks for bringing these to my attention, I might be tempted. Am I right in thinking the untreated one is the darker of the two?
Out of interest, what would you guys be wearing it with.
Thanks.

Nah, namor's right. Short version is lexol+obenauf's deepened the color a lot (probably needs another shot of lexol now). I detailed what I did in this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/286264/obenaufs-lp-on-an-rrl-leather-jacket

As for outfits, it's pretty versatile. You can go all out with the Americana (pretend-cowboy/railroad-worker/soldier) look (Red Wings, chambray, denim or RRL-type cargoes, etc), which I've done from time to time, but more often just it works just fine with the minimalist uniform (white v neck, denim, chucks). Goes well over shirt+sweater/tie, too, but all well-cut bombers do.

Last edited:

alishlomo66

Reaction score
no clue where it's from maybe from Barney's :D

alishlomo66

Reaction score
can I add I LOVE THOSE LEATHER JACKETS YOU'VE BEEN POSTING PICS OF
THANKS GUYS

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mayakovsky, who had ******* swagger.
CDuIZ.jpg

ilTtA.jpg

Nah, namor's right. Short version is lexol+obenauf's deepened the color a lot (probably needs another shot of lexol now). I detailed what I did in this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/286264/obenaufs-lp-on-an-rrl-leather-jacket

As for outfits, it's pretty versatile. You can go all out with the Americana (pretend-cowboy/railroad-worker/soldier) look (Red Wings, chambray, denim or RRL-type cargoes, etc), which I've done from time to time, but more often just it works just fine with the minimalist uniform (white v neck, denim, chucks). Goes well over shirt+sweater/tie, too, but all well-cut bombers do.

nice. ill have to read his work (in russian). :slayer:

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Cheers man. I'll send you a PM.

rice from NT

Reaction score
damn guise, I just want to thank all of you on style forum here in the RRL thread. you people invented my inspiration for RRL denim (though I usually wear PRL clothing nowadays) but my new jeans are just lovely. I was really in love with my NS APCs for over five years but my blown crotch really had me stuck when I got a quote for 200 to fix it, I had to get a new pair of jeans, so I just went with RRL. I just want to thank every one of you <33

Last edited:

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

damn guise, I just want to thank all of you on style forum here in the RRL thread. you people invented my inspiration for RRL denim (though I usually wear PRL clothing nowadays) but my new jeans are just lovely. I was really in love with my NS APCs for over five years but my blown crotch really had me stuck when I got a quote for 200 to fix it, I had to get a new pair of jeans, so I just went with RRL. I just want to thank every one of you <33

$200 to fix a blown crotch on a pair of denim??!

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just recieved my garment dyed nantucket red chinos.... any suggestions how to wear this chit or should i return it haha.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just recieved my garment dyed nantucket red chinos.... any suggestions how to wear this chit or should i return it haha.

You wear it when you feel like telling people to 'go to hell'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads