• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nobopyon

Reaction score

Outlets don't usually carry, but the Ralph Lauren boutiques do. There is defintely one in D/FW area, probably Highland Park being your best bet

thanks...
I didn't ready entire 760 pages of this thread, but kind of skim through some of them... and thought people finding RRL jeans on outlet..
That was why i was wondering...

Sorry Potemkin the only store that carries RRL in Dallas is in North Park Mall of NW Hwy. Highland Park is more purple label specific. The only RRL there is the Indigo jacket I returned. It's probably already gone since several employees were already fighting over it. 
fight%5B1%5D.gif

The little store in North Park has very little RRL with that being the main reason I buy so much online or over the phone from Robert or Melrose.

R

I go to northpark mall... mind telling me the store name? or there is RL store? that I never noticed....?

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks...
I didn't ready entire 760 pages of this thread, but kind of skim through some of them... and thought people finding RRL jeans on outlet..
That was why i was wondering...

It is rare in terms of % of outlets that get RRL. Its almost always previous season items, and a bunch of resellers usually go to buy them. I know Florida is a hot spot for it

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I checked it out and as expected the selection was very limited. I had to tell the annoying sales associate about 6 times that I was just browsing and I didn't need her assistance she still followed about 3 feet behind me and asked if I needed help any time I even glanced at something for more than 5 seconds.

Sounds like Japan. That or they thought you were going to steal something.

nobopyon

Reaction score

There is a RL store in between Neimans and PF Changs. Barney's also has RRL but I have never bought anything there since the associates are very inattentive and cold. 

http://www.northparkcenter.com/map/storemap.php

Thank you for the info!

I agree with you about the barney's...
it's a bit obvious they are super attentive to their "regular" customers, but...

anyway, thank you for the link, too... i sure will go check it out sometime this weekend!

nobopyon

Reaction score

It is rare in terms of % of outlets that get RRL. Its almost always previous season items, and a bunch of resellers usually go to buy them. I know Florida is a hot spot for it

ah.. got ya!

I have been to outlet in Allen (it's by dallas) before, and i don't think i have seen RRL, so I was curious when I read about people talking about finding RRL stuff at outlet store.

I've got a pair of RRL from ebay, and I wear them all the time during fall/winter.

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds like Japan. That or they thought you were going to steal something.

I'm pretty sure they work on commission at Harry Rosen so they do it to everyone. It's really obnoxious when you are just there to browse. It's really obnoxious no matter what but its especially bad when you just want to look.

Trimalchio

Reaction score
Sorry about bad pictures....
this is the jeans I have been talking about... I don't know how to add pictures within the the post.. but here is the link to the photo
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb365/nobopyon/RL1.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb365/nobopyon/RL3.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb365/nobopyon/RL2.jpg
Interesting, those actually look selvedge to me. And they even look chain stitched, which I don't think I've seen on the black label jeans. I prefer the RRL black slim fits, but those do look solid.

nobopyon

Reaction score

Interesting, those actually look selvedge to me. And they even look chain stitched, which I don't think I've seen on the black label jeans. I prefer the RRL black slim fits, but those do look solid. 

This pair says straight.
it feels like straight slim, and quite thick/heavy.

it got little shine to it, so I guess... it's waxed/coated..

So, this is RL black line? and is selvedge, you think?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This pair says straight.

Yup i am pretty sure it is all of the above.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This pair says straight.

Black label has definitely been upping their denim game lately. I remember seeing something about them moving to being made in the US recently.

To nobopyon: Straight fit in Black Label is probably not the same as straight fit in RRL. Black Label's aesthetic is slim, urban cuts. Think trim suits, motorcycle jackets, etc... So it is going to be slimmer than the RRL straight, which is a true straight leg cut . I'm also not surprised that they are coated - probably resin. I've seen those before on Black Label.

RRL: think western style. Black Label: think New York City

And those definitely are Black Label jeans - although we'd already established that.

In short - not the same fit as RRL, but still very nice jeans and high quality. If you like how they fit, there is nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black label has definitely been upping their denim game lately. I remember seeing something about them moving to being made in the US recently.
To nobopyon: Straight fit in Black Label is probably not the same as straight fit in RRL. Black Label's aesthetic is slim, urban cuts. Think trim suits, motorcycle jackets, etc... So it is going to be slimmer than the RRL straight, which is a true straight leg cut . I'm also not surprised that they are coated - probably resin. I've seen those before on Black Label.
And those definitely are Black Label jeans - although we'd already established that.
In short - not the same fit as RRL, but still very nice jeans and high quality. If you like how they fit, there is nothing to worry about.

+1 though if you paid over $80 or so it's probably a bit too much as I see them at Last Call NM all the time for $45-70 depending on current sale, though all the ones I see are Morocco / Tunisia...

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also those with the Nantucket Red chinos, do they fade anymore with wear or do they stay similar to the current state they are in new? Have a pair sitting in my closet for a long time and not sure if I want to keep or not. Would prefer it to not get any more distressed

nobopyon

Reaction score

Thank you for all the info!

I learned so much just by asking this pair of jeans, I'm very appreciate to all of you guys who answered me.
and I'm def. keeping this pair now... thanks to you guys! (but I still will go check out RRL store this weekend XD)

I have a few question that, on the website, black label of back label (belt loop) actually spell out "Ralph Lauren", and this pair is just "RL".

Is it because this is season old?

Do you know, if they also use japanese selvedge? or it's unkown where?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads