• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kurdo

Reaction score
Moar stuff needed!
I admit it's getting excessive, but I have to catch up, wasted years not minding fashion :laugh:

This is what I have received so far this season:

2blueshirt.jpg
sweater.jpg
pant3.jpg

I have also ordered the following items, but won't be keeping all of them: I will choose 1 jeans and 2/3 shirts from these. I also intend to order a jacket, either the white trucker jacket or the green jacket, of which you purchased the blue version. I think the green jacket, as I already have several trucker jackets.

pant1.jpg
distressed1.jpg
blueshirt.jpg

bandana1.jpg
white-shirt.jpg
check1.jpg

check2.jpg
trucker1.jpg
grjacket4.jpg

I also got into "SUN SURF", a Japanese brand specializing in Hawaiian shirt. The detail and material is amazing and I highly recommend them if you are looking for vintage-style, unique summer shirts:

hawaii3.jpg
ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpeg
ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg(1).jpeg

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
Europe these days caps at 30% online.
Thank you, good to know.
I use a Dutch cashback website called "Cashback XXL". Right now the cashback for Ralph Lauren is 8%, but sometimes it becomes 16%. Over the years I have got between 1-2k back from cashback websites, it's worth it in my opinion, it paid for my new macbook air :p.
I'll check it out. I'm Dutch too, so I should be able to access it!

kurdo

Reaction score
Thank you, good to know.

I'll check it out. I'm Dutch too, so I should be able to access it!
There's another Dutch RRL fan on here, but I forgot his username. I recently visited the Ralph Lauren boutique in Amsterdam and asked them whether they carry RRL. They told me they do and asked me to follow them downstairs. 3 items. Don't bother visiting for RRL or Purple Label. "Tenue Denimes" (boutique clothing store) carries more RRL stuff, but it's overpriced, sometimes more expensive than on ralphlauren.com. Stick to online and take advantage of the sales & cashback rewards :).

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
There's another Dutch RRL fan on here, but I forgot his username. I recently visited the Ralph Lauren boutique in Amsterdam and asked them whether they carry RRL. They told me they do and asked me to follow them downstairs. 3 items. Don't bother visiting for RRL or Purple Label. "Tenue Denimes" (boutique clothing store) carries more RRL stuff, but it's overpriced, sometimes more expensive than on ralphlauren.com. Stick to online and take advantage of the sales & cashback rewards :).
Sad to read that. I understood that the store is newly reopened and online I read about the store carrying RRL. Maybe it will get better. If not, I have a good reason to visit the store in Paris, London or maybe even New York in the future.

I saw the Tenue Denimes store online. Might be a good place to buy some jeans, because I've seen the term vanity sizing come by a lot any have no idea which size to buy 🤔.

kurdo

Reaction score
Sad to read that. I understood that the store is newly reopened and online I read about the store carrying RRL. Maybe it will get better. If not, I have a good reason to visit the store in Paris, London or maybe even New York in the future.

I saw the Tenue Denimes store online. Might be a good place to buy some jeans, because I've seen the term vanity sizing come by a lot any have no idea which size to buy 🤔.
What is vanity sizing?

kurdo

Reaction score

By the way, may I know where you read about that online? Curious to read where else RRL is discussed (in the Netherlands).

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
FWIW, I recently purchased an RRL bag via Farfetch which shipped out of the Netherlands. No idea where it originated though.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
By the way, may I know where you read about that online? Curious to read where else RRL is discussed (in the Netherlands).
On Textilia, a fashion business site if I'm correct. I was wondering if there was still a store in Amsterdam, so I googled Ralph Lauren Amsterdam. On the pictures you see one RRL corner, with a few of the items also offered online right now.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
Now that the vanity sizing is discussed. I have couple of regular Levi 501 jeans in 31x32 that fit great. some room around the waist. Ample leg room (really a straight fit jeans).

A while back I ordered RRL straight fit jeans in 31x32 which was a lot tighter, both around the waist and the legs. Similarly with the officer chino.

Can it be that the Levi 501 jeans I'm wearing are even more vanity sized?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now that the vanity sizing is discussed. I have couple of regular Levi 501 jeans in 31x32 that fit great. some room around the waist. Ample leg room (really a straight fit jeans).

A while back I ordered RRL straight fit jeans in 31x32 which was a lot tighter, both around the waist and the legs. Similarly with the officer chino.

Can it be that the Levi 501 jeans I'm wearing are even more vanity sized?

Weird as I find Levis almost TTS, at least the LVC 501s

LKittelb

Reaction score
I'm a newcomer to this thread, but have a question for those who are a bit deeper in the RRL brand: I purchased a pair of RRL white denims last year secondhand, mainly just because I thought the fit was good, and I have major trouble finding well fitting pants that aren't MTM. Without doubt they fit me better than any other jeans I have ever owned (these are cinched waist, larger hips and thighs, slightly tapered leg). I'm interested in finding other pants from the brand with the same fit, but have stopped by a local RL store (phoenix) and the new stuff fits the way all other jeans fit these days, very tight through the hips and thighs. Any tips on how I can figure out what vintage the ones I have are and find others like it on eBay, etc.? other than made in USA, there isn't much info on the tag.

Would appreciate any insight , thanks!
does anyone know how much the RRL fits have changed in the past several years? what are the odds that they still make this fit that i got secondhand, maybe I just need to go to a bigger RL store to find a similar fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads