• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can wear slim in same size as low straight but it’s ball busting slim so I sold it, if I pick one again probably get 29 or 30...

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can wear slim in same size as low straight but it’s ball busting slim so I sold it, if I pick one again probably get 29 or 30...

low straights are my jam.. I like the slim bootcut also but limited to the 4 pairs I have from when the fit was widely available.. hell I even like the straights! Slim look good but never tend to work with my footwear

McSp

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what brand this jacket could be? In your opinion is it waxed or just dirty cotton customized for the show? About the jeans used in the show do you recognize a particular brand?

Schermata 2020-09-25 alle 16.48.19.png

mrbig

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what brand this jacket could be? In your opinion is it waxed or just dirty cotton customized for the show? About the jeans used in the show do you recognize a particular brand?

Jacket is Freenote Cloth - the Riders. The same character wears RRL waffle Henleys
Jeans - They use a lot of mainline Levi's, Wrangler and Kimes Ranch. Kevin Costner, as far as I can tell, wears exclusively RRL jeans. I don't think any other characters in the show wear RRL denim but I do think a few are wearing RRL + Polo pieces.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score

View attachment 1465085
Yeah the jacket is freenote and waxed, though freenote made a joke in a post somewhere about his jacket needing rewaxing so it would need some wear to reach that point.

McSp

Reaction score
Jacket is Freenote Cloth - the Riders. The same character wears RRL waffle Henleys
Jeans - They use a lot of mainline Levi's, Wrangler and Kimes Ranch. Kevin Costner, as far as I can tell, wears exclusively RRL jeans. I don't think any other characters in the show wear RRL denim but I do think a few are wearing RRL + Polo pieces.
Thanks for the super accurate information...!

carlos20co

Reaction score
I went try to size. In most brands I'll order a 29" waist for a good fit and 30" waist for a loose fit.

I ordered 2 pairs, the 29 X 34 and the 30 X 34, and kept the 29" waist. As it is the fit is a bit loose for me. The waist measures 15.5" across (31" around). That's after one wash but there really wasn't any shrinking.

When I did the online chat with the RRL rep, they said that the 29" waist would measure 29" around. According to what I see that guy was off by 2".

I have 3 pairs of officer chinos and I had read somwhere that I had to size up from my regular chino size. I ordered one size up and they were too big on the waist. In my experience they fit the same as the other ralph lauren chinos.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have never heard people size up on RRL chino for sure, was your slim chino or the older officer chino

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hum on the older officer I downsize 2, i.e. true waist 30 wear 28 (and I wear TTS on regular polo ralph lauren, ralph lauren purple label, old ralph lauren black label etc.), guess it's just a mystery sometimes...

Bespoke 51

Reaction score
hum on the older officer I downsize 2, i.e. true waist 30 wear 28 (and I wear TTS on regular polo ralph lauren, ralph lauren purple label, old ralph lauren black label etc.), guess it's just a mystery sometimes...
Does the more relaxed fit Field Chino fit TTS or should one downsize? Also, how voluminous in fit is it compared to the officer chino?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads